My experience in Patch 1.2 (PS4 Pro)

+
Since the launch of CP2077 and playing it on a PS4 Pro, I have encountered like many others, countless problems, I decided not to return the game and enjoy it for what it was. Despite all that I had fun playing the game, so much in fact that after completing it once I decided to create another character and play it again trying out different things and clearing out the map of all content.
I enjoyed the main story and side content, exploring and taking countless pictures along the way of this beautiful city and some of its characters. After all that I decided to take a break from it and came back from time to time to check patches and fixes, which brings me to Patch 1.2. The reason I decided to contact support for the first time.

This patch as made my experience in this game unbearable:
  • Input lag during combat is atrocious
  • Switching guns mid combat is almost impossible
  • If I manage to equip a weapon, sometimes it’s floating in front of me and other times I only see my hands but without a weapon.
  • Damage lag is ridiculous, which results in moments of “instadeath”
  • Lag while switch clothing is painful to watch, new selected outerwear cropping over shirts as an example.
  • There are moments where, if I’m in a heated fight between multiple enemies, any button I press or action I try to take, results in absolutely nothing.
  • Scanning enemies to apply quick hacks sometimes doesn’t even work, it takes ages for the quick hack menu to appear.
  • Lag spikes and screen freezes in combat are so common now, it makes my experience with the game before 1.2 look like a heaven.
  • The shadow of my character is absolutely hideous specially if I have a weapon equipped, believe me... it’s immersion breaking.
  • Sometimes I just log in to try and take some nice photos, but even photo mode feels laggy & glitchy. There are moments I can’t even move the camera freely! I’ve tried taking photos during combat and have moments where photo mode is on, but characters are still moving like they are in super slow motion. The music is still playing and apparently I’m taking damage.
All these things get so tiresome that I can’t play the game more than 30 minutes before wanting to close the app.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate that all of you (CDPR) are continuously updating the game and trying to improve it after the initial debacle. There where some good “quality of life” improvements, specially in the inventory system. I’m still eager to see where this game can go with new content and expansions, but in my personal experience with the game, 1.2 made it impossible for me to play and enjoy the game, worst of all, this patch took away any motivation of revisiting it.

This is just a comment from someone who really enjoys the concept of this game and world you all have created, but is now truly frustrated with the game. I don’t know if this forum is the right place to contact you (CDPR) but it was the only place I could find on your website that allowed me to share my experience.

Best of luck and best regards

Welcome to the forum, Kurunzi. Very pretty avatar pic, by the way. I like it!

It is great that you described all those issues. By reading them, i am almost sure that what you experienced - is mostly because of damaged game installation. I.e., i think it is not patch 1.2 errors, i think your game is just damaged somehow.

I would try to completely remove the game, install it again, see if it helps.

Also, it may be some problems happen if one uses old saved games (from 1.12 or, especially, earlier versions). Many people tried a new game once they have 1.2 patch installed. I understand this may be not what you want to do, but it may worth a try, too.

Good luck!

Hey Kurunzi, I am also playing on a PS4 Pro. Since the update somehow there is no more air vehicles cruising through the sky and the huge advertisment blimps are also missing. Do you experience the same? Would be a shame, because I think this really added to the atmosphere!

Since the launch of CP2077 and playing it on a PS4 Pro, I have encountered like many others, countless problems, I decided not to return the game and enjoy it for what it was. Despite all that I had fun playing the game, so much in fact that after completing it once I decided to create another character and play it again trying out different things and clearing out the map of all content.
I enjoyed the main story and side content, exploring and taking countless pictures along the way of this beautiful city and some of its characters. After all that I decided to take a break from it and came back from time to time to check patches and fixes, which brings me to Patch 1.2. The reason I decided to contact support for the first time.

This patch as made my experience in this game unbearable:
  • Input lag during combat is atrocious
  • Switching guns mid combat is almost impossible
  • If I manage to equip a weapon, sometimes it’s floating in front of me and other times I only see my hands but without a weapon.
  • Damage lag is ridiculous, which results in moments of “instadeath”
  • Lag while switch clothing is painful to watch, new selected outerwear cropping over shirts as an example.
  • There are moments where, if I’m in a heated fight between multiple enemies, any button I press or action I try to take, results in absolutely nothing.
  • Scanning enemies to apply quick hacks sometimes doesn’t even work, it takes ages for the quick hack menu to appear.
  • Lag spikes and screen freezes in combat are so common now, it makes my experience with the game before 1.2 look like a heaven.
  • The shadow of my character is absolutely hideous specially if I have a weapon equipped, believe me... it’s immersion breaking.
  • Sometimes I just log in to try and take some nice photos, but even photo mode feels laggy & glitchy. There are moments I can’t even move the camera freely! I’ve tried taking photos during combat and have moments where photo mode is on, but characters are still moving like they are in super slow motion. The music is still playing and apparently I’m taking damage.
All these things get so tiresome that I can’t play the game more than 30 minutes before wanting to close the app.

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate that all of you (CDPR) are continuously updating the game and trying to improve it after the initial debacle. There where some good “quality of life” improvements, specially in the inventory system. I’m still eager to see where this game can go with new content and expansions, but in my personal experience with the game, 1.2 made it impossible for me to play and enjoy the game, worst of all, this patch took away any motivation of revisiting it.

This is just a comment from someone who really enjoys the concept of this game and world you all have created, but is now truly frustrated with the game. I don’t know if this forum is the right place to contact you (CDPR) but it was the only place I could find on your website that allowed me to share my experience.

Best of luck and best regards
Unfortunately i am having problems on Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4 PRO) after patch 1.20 too
I Play Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 Pro,After the patch 1.20, i decide to don´t come back to the game until they fix my problems because after patch 1.20, i can´t enjoy my gameplay on PS4 Pro, on combat, guns sound just appear after 15-20 seconds after you shoot, sights of guns don’t appear, places, buildings, people don’t render ,The loading menu is taking too long to load, the radio musics are bugged in one moment the music disappear, the sound of the city in some moments are bugged like: when you go to an area where nothing is rendered every sound disappear, and another bug that i think is related to the problems of render after patch 1.20, like: i am driving a car and I can see the buildings, places disappearing and appearing , disappearing , appearing, driving a car and you look to some buildings, you unfortunately can see places beyond walls/buildings, inside buildings, and even inside/beyond the entire city. Please CD fix our problems on PS4 Pro, Cyberpunk 2077 It is an Amazing Game, incredible and very well written Story, Extraordinary World with Extraordinary Complex Characters, breathtaking soundtrack, i love so much this game I hope CD will fix our problems 🙏🙏🙏
Post automatically merged:

It is great that you described all those issues. By reading them, i am almost sure that what you experienced - is mostly because of damaged game installation. I.e., i think it is not patch 1.2 errors, i think your game is just damaged somehow.

I would try to completely remove the game, install it again, see if it helps.

Also, it may be some problems happen if one uses old saved games (from 1.12 or, especially, earlier versions). Many people tried a new game once they have 1.2 patch installed. I understand this may be not what you want to do, but it may worth a try, too.

Good luck!
Unfortunately i am having problems on Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4 PRO) after patch 1.20 too
I Play Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 Pro,After the patch 1.20, i decide to don´t come back to the game until they fix my problems because after patch 1.20, i can´t enjoy my gameplay on PS4 Pro, on combat, guns sound just appear after 15-20 seconds after you shoot, sights of guns don’t appear, places, buildings, people don’t render ,The loading menu is taking too long to load, the radio musics are bugged in one moment the music disappear, the sound of the city in some moments are bugged like: when you go to an area where nothing is rendered every sound disappear, and another bug that i think is related to the problems of render after patch 1.20, like: i am driving a car and I can see the buildings, places disappearing and appearing , disappearing , appearing, driving a car and you look to some buildings, you unfortunately can see places beyond walls/buildings, inside buildings, and even inside/beyond the entire city. Please CD fix our problems on PS4 Pro, Cyberpunk 2077 It is an Amazing Game, incredible and very well written Story, Extraordinary World with Extraordinary Complex Characters, breathtaking soundtrack. Do you think they will fix my problems in the next patch or i have to install the game again??? Please i don´t want to install the game again

Last edited:
Thank you Fins, hopefully I won't to uninstall the game.
Unfortunately the problems still persist on my first character, I'm going to check if the same occurs on my second character.
Honestly I don't think I will create another play-though anytime soon. I already completed the game twice with different life paths, I'll probably create a "Street Kid" character one day, it's the only life path I haven't tried.

Thanks again and have a great day!
Post automatically merged:

Hey Kurunzi, I am also playing on a PS4 Pro. Since the update somehow there is no more air vehicles cruising through the sky and the huge advertisment blimps are also missing. Do you experience the same? Would be a shame, because I think this really added to the atmosphere!
Hello VXV2, I didn't notice the missing flying vehicles yet. The gameplay issues I'm experiencing are immersion breaking enough (hahaha).
I've noticed cars in general are bit less then before, and the most annoying ones are the cars that don't have headlights during the night! Sometimes I'm just driving around Nightcity and suddenly I just smash head-first into a car in a dark road that as no lights on.
I'll be sure to try and check the flying vehicles next time I log in.
Have a good day!

Last edited:
Hello VXV2, I didn't notice the missing flying vehicles yet. The gameplay issues I'm experiencing are immersion breaking enough (hahaha).
I've noticed cars in general are bit less then before, and the most annoying ones are the cars that don't have headlights during the night! Sometimes I'm just driving around Nightcity and suddenly I just smash head-first into a car in a dark road that as no lights on.
I'll be sure to try and check the flying vehicles next time I log in.
Have a good day!

Top Bottom