Alternate HC rules anyone?

+
Cybernernetics should be in, it is Cybernerpunk 2020 afterall.

Your mum should be in it...

*Flash, you owe me one.*

You know, a lot of people overlook the fact that therapy for cybernetics is actually available. You can see it in the section on Registered Cybers (don't have a page ref on me) - it restores 2 HC per week of therapy. Hypothetically, you could actually pay to get that kind of treatment without registering, but that never made its way into the rules.

You know, a lot of people overlook the fact that therapy for cybernetics is actually available. You can see it in the section on Registered Cybers (don't have a page ref on me) - it restores 2 HC per week of therapy. Hypothetically, you could actually pay to get that kind of treatment without registering, but that never made its way into the rules.

Oh, holy shit, an on-topic reply!

Youi;re right, I completely forgot about those rules, and they seem way more effective than the ones in Chrome.
The only catch is, A: there's no cost listed (Presumabily it's some sort of public health/safety program) and B: Any illegal/weaponized cyberwre would be removed or deactivated, and chances are you;re getting a chip in your skull.

There's probably some form of less 'formal' cybetherapy out there, but how much would you charge for a solid 2 HC per week without being chipped or neutered?

It mentions removing/deactivating them for the session, but I was under the understanding that anything not illegal would be replaced/reactivated upon completion.

They don;t just dump you in a wheelbarrow on the corner when you're done. If you have to rebuy all that cyb (or just enough to walk again) it kind of defeats the purpose.

Pretty sure they pull all the cyber, since they are trying to rebuild you as a base human and the cyber would get your machine-kill-fleshies thing happening.

Lessee...page 74-75

With registration, C-Swat pulls you in and tags your gear. You get monitoring and analysis until your orginal EMP is restored, ( unclear if this is your starting EMP or, more likely, the EMP you had until that last little bit that got the Squad after you...)

With therapy from a heavy metal psychiatrist, 2 whole POINTS of Empathy are brought back per week, but not until your cyber -a ll your cyber - is deactivated and/or pulled. Once that stuff is shut down and/or out you can start healing. There is no mention of putting it back in and for good reason - it would undo the therapy and let you get an endless amount of cyberware.

So there appears to be 2 kinds of treatment - a lesser one where you get weekly analysis and regain 2 HC per week until original EMP is restored, your cyber active but monitored, and the more extreme version where they have to forcibly jack you into therapy and pull all your gear. In that one, your gear doesn't come back. Until you re-buy it...while Max-Tac watches you like a hawk.

Well.it beats getting a .44 to the temple, I suppose.

The first option is actually quite interesting, especially if you get a techie to dump whatever C-SWAT puts in your gear.

It;s just so vague is all. What Emp level do you need to be at to qualify? Is it free if you voluntarily register, or do you have to pay?

Well, that's what the GM is for. Not everything needs to be clearly spelled out.

If you volunteer, reasonably, you pay for it.

if Max Tac walks you in and holds you down, they pay, probably recouping off your removed and re-sold cyber.

I imagine the cost of the Max-Tac therapy (either one) is paid for by the cyb they confiscate. I can't see any law agency letting you walk out of their clinic with your arm mounted flame thrower with "Napalm Sticks to Kids" scrawled on the side in tact, and if your getting the 2 emp per week therapy they are jacking all your shit and leaving you in a red Radio-flyer outside the bio-clinic to go pick up some vat grown limbs. That metal has to go somewhere, and my bet is back on the streets via police seizure auctions like guns and cars do nowadays.

Given that almost all weaponised cyberware is illegal, I imagine it gets the same treatment as drugs and illegal weapons - destruction. (Officially of course, the corrupt cops would probably make sure it went to a ripper doc or a fixer within hours of extraction.)

Personally, I would expect the playerto pay, equal to medical fees. If they can't pay, then I would imagine they would recoup the value from the legitimate cyberware they removed, at reduced value, obviously.

Top Bottom