Patch 1.23

+
Ambitious? I don't think that's the correct word.
I don't think they release the game in this state beacuse it was too difficult to produce.
I think that they take a lot of time to produce a fake and rigged gameplay demo, and marketing stuff.

So maybe it wasn't the project too ambitious, but they simply run for the money :shrug:
I see your point.
But, I still suspect that they do not have the know-how to attempt something of this scale.
In my work place I saw a lot of examples.
They attempted to build a very complex "simulator", with a lot of things happening at same time.
In the end, they built a poor "mask" pretending to be a "simulator".
Of course, true "simulators" for gaming do not exist, but we have good "masks" in market.
They should have focused first in building technology demonstrators, like for example:
1-Graphics
2-Gameplay
3-World
Then, attempt to put every together.
Not a time problem, or even if I am wrong, not a know-how problem, but a managing issue (with bad working plans, or focusing on money grabbing).

Very happy with this patch; actual performance boost on my old gen PC. Keep them coming CDPR but also keep this in mind: Community still wants this game to deliver what's been promised before the release, such as;
# An alive city, more interactions, better AI
# Deeper customizations
# More fleshed out Lifepath feature (with specific questlines with their own rewards perhaps)
yes , exactly what i experienced. and i loike that less same people are now in the same are. But however performance didn't increase for me but whats more important got more stable. Lets speak.: i used before ultra performance mode in ultra graphics with ray trcing on ultra andi had 30-40 fps on 4k and in areas with less cars and people I had 40-55. Wwith psycho ray tracing i had 30-35 in some areas 40. Now I have the same performance on ray tracing psycho like used to have with ray tracing on ultra. But however this wasn't the issue for me. The issue was dropping fps sometimes to 20 and son now I happens too but much much more less no ihave on 4k with ray tracing on fps with numbers of 30-40. Thats really playable.

I hate this saying, "the ground for bigger updates". There is no such thing, a patch being the base for something. The "ground for bigger patches" is the ACTUAL GAME.

As a game developer you either lauch a big update or not. The rest are small patches and hotfixes, exactly what CDPR is doing for months.
We just keep telling ourselves that the next one is gonna be the big one just you wait, and wait again.

[...], after 10 or so hotfixes what we have ?
Almost no improvement, oh the police spawn 30 meters further. GREAT WORK CDPR, THANK YOU GOD BLESS YOU ! C'mon guys, be a little critical!
I know that you all don't like it when someone like me says, ground for bigger patches. But why do some still say this or at least why did I say this? As a game developer, we launch bigger updates yes but not all the time as I do know people working in game development. We should be happy to have the project release smaller patches before bigger ones? Because first of all, we know that they are doing sth, we had to wait longer for patches. Yes, I understand that bigger patches are more important but they do have to test it. IM sure they had to show Sony the game's current state with improvements we don't see right now. Why do I say ground for bigger patches thought? That's because they said it themselves. They said it also before the big patch 1.2 came out that the patch before was the ground for it.

A smaller patch can be the ground for bigger patches if it involves fixes we don't see like performance or other code related fixes. they also said in the investors meeting that this patch will be just performance-related and so on and then there will be more things to come than we expect. Like I expected them to fix the Photo mode bug. I asked them, reported it as it wasn't fixed in a few patches and they told in short mail that they are aware of it and are working on it. Also, Why is a small update also important? because it may include updates and fixes we don't see and don't affect the game at first sight. They improved things which might be for sure ground for bigger patches like memory related things and things that affect things like not to spawn the same NPCs in the same area as much as before and yes I do see this improvement.

Also for me, the biggest thing why smaller updates are important s are important is: they do test patches and things before internally but they don't have as many people to test the game and patches as players play the game. Some things might affect the game in and state and if they were included within a big patch people would say: the big patch is shit! If you release a smaller patch with things that may affect the game in a way that every player experiences it in a different way like memory related things, then its smart to first let the players have it before the bigger patch as they might report some issue they didn't see coming and can fix them before the big Patch and that's why I call it ground for the bigger patch!

Still no fix for the gray skin textures around V's neck/shoulders ... come on guys

Look, I have over 600 hours in this game right now, and I still love it, still play it... but the gray skin thing is absolutely ruining photomode for me which is one of the best things

Here's my experience with Cyberpunl 2077 Patch 1.23 played on Ryzen 5800x and RTX3080

Nothing game-breaking, but it's the very first area of the game you will see, so obviously you will pay extra attention to details.

- no facial animations in the mirror after the scene with broken nose
- no facial animations when V goes to the toilet and looks into the mirror, not matter which animation I chose, even when I exit "look at the mirror" and come back
- there is a person just in front of that mirror, V simply phases through him in order to get access to the mirror
- when you exit the bathroom with the mirror and look straight at the staircase where the mission pointer leads you, you will be able to see a wall wide skull graffiti which disappears and reappears depending on how far away you stand. You step pack one step and it's gone. You step forward just one step and it's back again! It's an enclosed space and there are still textures disappearing if you stand too far away from them!!
- if you move towards the pool table and look across the room, there is another huge skull graffiti on the opposite wall. If you stand behind the pool, it will disappear. If you step just a bit forward, it's back again. RED Engine hates skull graffities! :D
- walk up the stairs, look at the fat dude eatin a burger next to Kirk. Start walking away while still looking at him. The red-ish light source will disappear and reappear depending on the distance.

Up until the first real gig everything is working pretty fine. I can't entirely tell if any "optimisation" took place, the game behaves just the same. If they lowered LOD even more, I can't really tell. I have this strange feeling that the quality of objects dropped, the amount of polygons seems lower. But maybe it's because I played some games with better quality objects lately.

- objects LOD is ridiculous, some objects load the best textures only when you walk right next to them
- remember the lady that opens the door on your left and you have a couple seconds to nod at her to get back inside? Well, try not doing that. She will play exactly the same animation of "ok, I'll go back inside". There is nothing better than meanigless "choices".
- I'm not even pressing "answer" when someone calls me or I have time based "optional" dialogues as they don't bring any consequences whatsoever
- "your move, V"
- "V"
- "your move, V"
- "V"
- "your move, V"
- everything feels low polygon, everything seems to have less details than I remember. 6 months later and the game has already aged so much??
- during the bathtube scene Jackie is not holding a gun, just waving his hand in the air as if it was invisible
- if you don't provide a feedback to Bug, there will still be an animation of Jackie handing you the injector. How immersive! Choices! Consequences! Nice!
- there is no sound of Jackie opening the door, getting in to the car and slamming the door closed after the gig. Quality!
- all you have to do during the "exciting chase" after the mission is to medicate yourself, they will always crash anyways :D
- during the happy little ride with Jackie look at his hads on the wheel. He's barely ever turn it and we are making 180s when we drive to the garage next to my house :D
- the game has obvious walking implemented into it but not "walk" button so you can simply walk around? What a wonderful design decission!
- in the elevator up to my floor, 4 screens with a talkshow displayed in 10 frames per second max. I think it's even lower than before!
- looking in mirror works in my house but the animations are... so bad. Especially in comparison to what Death Stranding preseted with exactly the same functionality. Just better.
- ground floor of my megabuilding and here we are: two identical models standing next to one another! :D
- outside the building next to where Jackie waits for me: two identical kids waiting for green light next to two identical fat guys in tank tops! :D City of Dreams, City of Clones! :D
- wanna know how they "fixed" those cars ramming the concrete blocade next to the food stand? They disabled all traffic in that area!! XD There is no cars whatsoever driving through that area now.
- I came back to that place again a few minutes later: cars ramming it like before. Good old Night City. Never changes! :D

So that's my first impressions of the patch. If there are any improvements, they must be in sorting the engine out, not in how the game feels to the end user.

Last edited:
Ambitious? I don't think that's the correct word.
I don't think they release the game in this state beacuse it was too difficult to produce.
I think that they take a lot of time to produce a fake and rigged gameplay demo, and marketing stuff.

So maybe it wasn't the project too ambitious, but they simply run for the money :shrug:
to produce a fake and rigged gameplay demo is much easier than what they actually released. That not the issue. The issue is they were focusing on the wrong things and the Heads of Cd project wanted it to release too early as the hype was too big and they wanted, in my opinion, to get the hype in the right point to sell much more games. Also, they do test s other things during developments if you inform yourself and watch some leaked stuff. But maybe it didn't work out they it should have. Game development is much more complex when you might think. Many people do thing to fix that and that. But do they know if it's fixable that easy wand what they have to focus on? I don't think so . and that's why in my opinion should let us ee more how they are working on it and what we can expect in the future. But this also might not do the trick as they might promise again to I much and I do thing they are going the better way right now.
Post automatically merged:

I wasn't worried before but now I am terrified! 2 whole months for a hotfix? really?!
do you know what will be coming next and when ? No as they stopped speaking to us as much as before but just wait. i m sure big things will be coming. Wait for patch 1.3

I've watched PS4 performance comparisons on youtube and it seems to run better there (fps-wise, graphics seem downgraded though). This could be what convinced Sony, I'm afraid we won't see a bigger patch too soon.
Good for the PS4 players though.
As a PS4 player mainly, I am happy if the stability has once again improved.
And graphics wise... not sure if its worse than 1.22, but if not, thenI'm happy enough with that.
That it was never gonna be PC comparable was obvious.

Still no fix for the gray skin textures around V's neck/shoulders ... come on guys

Look, I have over 600 hours in this game right now, and I still love it, still play it... but the gray skin thing is absolutely ruining photomode for me which is one of the best things
they are working on the photo mode bugs . they told me when I reported the bug!

I was kinda hoping this would include the fix for items that refuse to be looted but maybe in 1.3! Happy to see an update either way. Keep up the awesome work c:

they are working on the photo mode bugs . they told me when I reported the bug!
ngl I'm surprised you actually got a response. I haven't received one in the three I've sent. Good to know, though! I guess I'll just have to continue to be patient.

For those who are asking for new features in the game:

This is good practice in software development. CDPR is doing exactly what they have to do. First, stabilizing the game and solving the bugs (corrective maintenance). After that is finished, providing new contents (evolutive maintenace). If you try to do both things at the same time, bugs end up mixing with the old ones and it never ends.

Believe me, solving problems is boring. Create new contents is the fun part. This path is not being nice for anybody.

I specifically uninstalled the game in order to download a fresh and patched up version later. I don't have high hopes for this one though.
Games don't work that way doofus... Keeping it installed and updating it till they're done updating it is the same as installing it a year from now and downloading the latest patch (which would include all the patches)...

Top Bottom