Companions

+
Maybe a 4 player co-op for multiplayer rather than AI companions.

I don't have that many friends to play with! :( AI is my friend :D

Make it interchangeable. You can start a game with a 4 man multiplayer team, but if someone DC's or has to pull out, you have a 2 minute countdown. At the end of that two minutes, each player can 'call in' one of their AI companions. The game then picks one at random and said AI companion makes a grand entrace shortly after.

Plus all the usual coop dilemmas. Do you keep the loot? How does the story work? Can you miss part of it? Where is the game saved etc.

I was watching One Piece the other day and i believe this is the sort of companion group we all want.. They are each strong but learn to trust and depend on each other, they all have their own dreams and wishes and they don't always chose to fallow their captains orders.. Just perfect..

(By the way, if anyone disagrees with this, i will choke them in their sleeps.. Yes Sard.. Especially you..)
(Also, this is the only anime i watch.. It is just that good..)

I was watching One Piece the other day and i believe this is the sort of companion group we all want.. They are each strong but learn to trust and depend on each other, they all have their own dreams and wishes and they don't always chose to fallow their captains orders.. Just perfect..

(By the way, if anyone disagrees with this, i will choke them in their sleeps.. Yes Sard.. Especially you..)
(Also, this is the only anime i watch.. It is just that good..)

Ghost in the Shell
Appleseed
Bubblegun Crisis
Gunsmith Cats
Samurai 7
Mad Bull 34
Dominion Tank Police
Battle Angel Alita
Trigun

(And let's not forget Afro-Samurai!)

All so much better than One Piece...

Ghost in the Shell
Appleseed
Bubblegun Crisis
Gunsmith Cats
Samurai 7
Mad Bull 34
Dominion Tank Police
Battle Angel Alita
Trigun

(And let's not forget Afro-Samurai!)

All so much better than One Piece...

I never watched any of them.. I still like One Piece better.. I like both the story and characters... I like it dammit! :D

Also, did you really give a chance to One Piece or did you just watched an episode and quit? Also, did you watch it in original Japanese? (English dub version was completely retarded)

I never watched any of them.. I still like One Piece better.. I like both the story and characters... I like it dammit! :D

Also, did you really give a chance to One Piece or did you just watched an episode and quit? Also, did you watch it in original Japanese? (English dub version was completely retarded)

I watched the bubbed version and I watched most of the first series.

Then again, I also didn't think much of DBZ.

I watched the bubbed version and I watched most of the first series.

Then again, I also didn't think much of DBZ.

You have made a huge mistake.. Dubbed version sucks balls.. It is retarded on so many levels.. They butchered the show to make it fit their equally retarded vision.. They turned Sanji's cigarette into a lollipop, they turned every rifle and pistol into toys, they turned blood into sweat (people sweat when you brutally beat them..) and they changed and censored so many unnecessary thing i can't even begin to tell.. They ruined entire story arcs... They ruined every single awesome and emotional moments.. They turned the whole thing into a pile of shit..

WATCH ONE PIECE AS ORIGINAL JAPANESE.. (Or Funimation dubbed version) You can thank me later..

Yeah, i felt same way about DBZ myself.. It just seemed too silly..

You have made a huge mistake.. Dubbed version sucks balls.. It is retarded on so many levels.. They butchered the show to make it fit their equally retarded vision.. They turned Sanji's cigarette into a lollipop, they turned every rifle and pistol into toys, they turned blood into sweat (people sweat when you brutally beat them..) and they changed and censored so many unnecessary thing i can't even begin to tell.. They ruined entire story arcs... They ruined every single awesome and emotional moments.. They turned the whole thing into a pile of shit..

WATCH ONE PIECE AS ORIGINAL JAPANESE.. (Or Funimation dubbed version) You can thank me later..

Yeah, i felt same way about DBZ myself.. It just seemed too silly..

That makes sense, I did watch it on Cartoon Network.

I'll give the origional series a look, but promise me you will look up the ones I listed. The english dubs are all fine.

That makes sense, I did watch it on Cartoon Network.

I'll give the original series a look, but promise me you will look up the ones I listed. The english dubs are all fine.

Ok, i promise i will.. Thanks.. I think i will start with Ghost in the Shell and Bubblegum Crisis.. I remember seeing a few episodes and not hating them..

I've had another thought on team members.

No 'invulnerable' team members. They need to be able to die, just like us.

I agree, but your companions should be as reliable and self-sufficient as you are.. It would be kinda annoying if your companions who have their own stories and missions and stuff just dies.. (Just imagine that in Bioshock Infinite was like CP77 and there were many companions, Elizabeth dies during a mission and you lose her entire story from that point.. That would be terrible.) I mean, losing companions just because their AI is bad would just suck..

I agree, but your companions should be as reliable and self-sufficient as you are.. It would be kinda annoying if your companions who have their own stories and missions and stuff just dies.. (Just imagine that in Bioshock Infinite was like CP77 and there were many companions, Elizabeth dies during a mission and you lose her entire story from that point.. That would be terrible.) I mean, losing companions just because their AI is bad would just suck..

Good point, totally agree.

Companions generally reflect the nature of the poor, poor AI in games and are a major immersion crash. I enjoy the humour if done well, but having a retarded minion who regularly runs in front of my flamer while repeating the same line over and over is pretty blech.

Your argument about freedom of choice is one I've offered myself and the best counter-argument is that I'd rather see CDPR devote all their time on perfecting the parts of the game that aren't optional. If they do that and then want to add in things like multiplayer, companions and vehicles, great, go ahead.

I just don't consider companions particularly necessary or interesting. Spend the resources on interesting NPCs who don't follow you around like puppies.

Vehicles... optional?

*Slap with a glove* PISTOLS AT DAWN SIRRAH!

Plus all the usual coop dilemmas. Do you keep the loot? How does the story work? Can you miss part of it? Where is the game saved etc.

If there's one thing about multiplayer/co-op I really, really loathe it's loot issues. I play those games not purely on that one issue. Except for Torchlight 2, which does the simple bit of genius of individual drops. What you see is yours, what they see is theirs, and you can trade from there if you like, otherwise they'll never know they got that thing you were grinding for (the greatest pain in the entire universe).

Oh, I loved MP drop issues. in WoW, it was just another facet of PvP. How to torture your clan mates. Goood times.

Vehicles are optional for me simply because I've played lots of great role playing games without vehicles. I've played lots of Cyberpunk PnP with minimal vehicle interaction as well and also great fun. So, optional.

I prefer suppressed rifles at 400 meters when you're getting coffee on your way to the duel, actually. That or monowire across your doorframe. Whichever.

Oh, I loved MP drop issues. in WoW, it was just another facet of PvP. How to torture your clan mates. Goood times.

Vehicles are optional for me simply because I've played lots of great role playing games without vehicles. I've played lots of Cyberpunk PnP with minimal vehicle interaction as well and also great fun. So, optional.

I prefer suppressed rifles at 400 meters when you're getting coffee on your way to the duel, actually. That or monowire across your doorframe. Whichever.

Heh, both rely on habit, but keep on trying noobcaek...

I got toons make Castro look like an easily-whacked stool-pigeon...

By the way, are you sure that's your suppressed rifle? :eek:

Top Bottom