Patch 1.3 — list of changes

+
Well yes great for the patch fixing issues. However I played the game on PC last Xmas and I didn't have any crashes or many bugs. 8 months later no DLC my disappointment is palpable. I check back occasionally for news on the story continuing but nothing, just emptiness like a tumbleweed blowing through the wastelands.

I find Tassi an interesting one. Not a fan of his articles but his videos I always find, actually, try to be fair. Added to that, he does actually seem to like the game and is thus frustrated at what is happening.

So I don't personally agree with his take because I played CP from patch 1.2 (and consequently didn't find it in any way "broken") and never expected an infinite gameplay experience. But I don't think it's an unfair take.
In fact, for said the truth, I didn't watch his video.
I read the title "CDPR 1.3 - Stream Disaster" and nope, I'm sorry, but I don't want to know more... I have watched the stream myself and that's enough for me to avoid his video.
Maybe with another title, "maybe" because I'm not sure he can do something else than clicbait stuff... :D

I thought the stream was great and insightful. And actually pretty brave of them. You could tell they obviously care about getting it right. Hopefully more people will appreciate a little better how challenging it is to work on - and working on it indeed they are. Or operating, I guess. Open heart surgery was a really useful analogy.

"(Don't Fear) The Reaper — improved Adam Smasher's behavior during the fight."

Oh wow that was one many people thought would not happen as discussed in a thread I started about how to improve his fight.
I wonder if they used any of our suggestions for this?

"(Don't Fear) The Reaper — improved Adam Smasher's behavior during the fight."

Oh wow that was one many people thought would not happen as discussed in a thread I started about how to improve his fight.
I wonder if they used any of our suggestions for this?
Yep, can't wait to test that :)
But facing the Prototype Mark V, it must be "well" improved. So we will see.

• Guitars from New Dawn Fades will no longer be disassemblable and won't be automatically disassembled when having the "Scrapper" perk.
OH man they did not fix it scrapping the expensive jewelry as well?

I can understand why people are so frustrated, but I personally don't think it was a bad stream.
The team was so passionate and giddy about the fixes and new content that sometimes they couldn't help but interrupt each other respectfully to clarify a point.
I noticed how even they made comments that let us know they're aware Cyberpunk didn't have the best launch and they're working hard to fix it.
Liked how one of them explained the difference between having a modder implementing something vs. having the devs doing it. I play tons of heavy modded games and I respect modders, but they can always create something and you are the only one responsible for installing it and accepting the consequences of activating it in your game. And the difference with the devs is that they have to make sure everything works properly and doesn't break anything, and for multiple platforms. I respect them for that of for having the balls the say outright why some things cannot be implemented as much as they'd love to (reset attributes).

I know some people didn't like their enthusiasm over the jackets and the cat, but these are babysteps, and as far as I know, comparable to The Witcher;s DLCS. I can't help but feel bad for them, because I know how it feels like when you're trying to improve something, but you cannot comment that much about it, and your hands are so tied so you can only progress too much at the time.

Their biggest mistake was announcing the game too early back in the day (and they also made a comment about this, saying they've learnt not to do this again). Another mistake was being naive enough to think those people sending death threats would actually try to act upon them, and thus making them release the game earlier out of fear. Originally they realized they couldn't release the game in the date they promised and they wanted to delay it, but then they started to get pressured to launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes finally. Thank you for the stream and finally a more humble, simple communication explaining difficulties, so context, and what can be expected in a near future. I would have loved this like 2 montgs ago but finally, developers talking what's up.
Edit: And thank you for the patch!

Last edited:
Jesus... I've never seen patch notes this long and this looks like the biggest yet. That's not a good thing. I just hope it's playable when i play it next year.

Now the question - where is the patch? GOG client does not show any updates for CP2077. Just news that the patch is already available on all platforms (8 hours old).

Now the question - where is the patch? GOG client does not show any updates for CP2077. Just news that the patch is already available on all platforms (8 hours old).
It just says list of changes, hasent been released yet. Generaly says 1.3 is now live or something like that?

It just says list of changes, hasent been released yet. Generaly says 1.3 is now live or something like that?
1629249968663.png

In Russian, it says literally - "The patch 1.3 is already available on all platforms!"
In English it's what you said:
1629250059398.png

Lost in translation? :)

Top Bottom