Game Exits When Entering The Game.

+
Game Exits When Entering The Game.

Just bought The Witcher 2, been wanting it for a while and I am unable to play it. The game was purchased from Steam Store. The game returns to the desktop after I click any of the menu buttons which will lead me into the game, as I can see the Witcher Medalion loading but then closes to desktop and opens up the launcher.

Previous Solution Attempts:

* Updated all drivers for hardware and software. Also tried downgrading to known reliable releases.
* Installed the game as Administrator, also attempted the patcher and gives the error "The games installation is invalid or imcomplete".
* Validating Steam Files (Verify Integrity) of Game Cache).
* Running the game without the launcher.

[Update]

I have ran the Steam Validation feature again on the game and Steam prompted up with a message stating that 14 game files were invalid, now I have to re-download 8GBs of data, this has proven to be quite an annoyance and to be honest even after redownloading 8GBs of these files.. what says it's not going to repeat its self over and over again?

Anyone got any ideas of what's happening here? Here's my system specs:

* Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
* AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor @ 2.8GHz (6Cores)
* 4096MB DDR3 Corsair XMS3 RAM
* AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series 2GB

Anything else you want to know, just ask.

This error now pops up on load of the game, things are even worse now as the game doesn't even load.

Somehow as well although I am on patch 2.0 the launcher is the older one?

Problem fixed, AVG was preventing The Witcher 2 from changing the registries and being functional.

Top Bottom