It's hard to enjoy the game

+
I'm currently playing the game with my girlfried, she's not a gamer and i wanted this to be a special experience for her, but there's just too many bugs..

There are some of the bugs that occur literally EVERY TIME i play the game:

Random explosions behind me when i drive or run.
Random card explosions and crashes.

Side-step when pressing "A" or "D" only once.
NPC's doing weird things like teleporting or freezing and then moving fast (This is especially annoying in very serious scenes).
NPC's or environment fall into the floor or levitating.

It's been almost 2 years, so many patches and the game is still in such a bad state .-. I don't know what to say at this point, especially after Witcher 3 being one of the best game of all time.

What do you mean by "explosion" ?
Because there are many events (intended) where trapped cars explode around the map (behind you if you didn't pay attention and stop to watch it). Like in my screenshot :

For other bugs, honestly, it's not my impression :(
(except about NPCs which levitate... which could happen for me, but it's quite rare)
If you want, I advice you to try some few things before playing again like perform a clean reinstallation of your drivers.

Nota bene: If you hear any bangs/explosions from your hardware, that is bad. It might be best to stop gaming and seek professional help with the hardware issue.

Any hardware 'explosions' can destroy more than just the hardware making them, and also they could start a fire that can destroy property and life.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Literally EVERY SINGLE cut-scene is somehow f**ed up.
This really isn't the case.
There's probably something wrong with your system, or installation.

I'm currently playing the game with my girlfried,
Please don't fry her!
There are some of the bugs that occur literally EVERY TIME i play the game:

Random card (you probably meant 'car') explosions and crashes.
This is fixed for the most part, although it can still happen, occasionally. (Just like car accidents happen in real life.)
Side-step when pressing "A" or "D" only once.
This can happen when your keyboard looses connection for a split second, so the game thinks that you're pressing the button twice. You can disable these dodges in the Control section of the in-game settings.
NPC's doing weird things like teleporting or freezing and then moving fast (This is especially annoying in very serious scenes).
This sounds like your game is installed on an HDD on Windows 7, using an outdated CPU.
NPC's or environment fall into the floor or levitating.
Can you show a video?
It's been almost 2 years
Not even close.

1. If you are using mods try running the game without them to see whether it makes a difference. You are describing a much buggier experience than I've ever had (but to be fair I had a largely bug free experience ever since I picked up the game at patch 1.23, which I know has not been everyone's experience).

2. If you are running off a save game from launch day or anything, try starting a new game.

3. Check your graphics drivers are up to date.

4. Check what the setting for slow hdd mode is on your system, on the off chance that your system is experiencing severe streaming issues.

From your description it's hard to visualise what exactly you're seeing. For instance, a pile of boxes going pop once in a while would not bother me at all. But fire explosions continuously would.

If course you may be on a console in which case nothing I've said is helpful.

This game was broken from the start.... and after more than an year the situation is not changed.
Bugs, bad mechanics, crash and emptiness.
This is my experience on Cp2077.

This really isn't the case.
There's probably something wrong with your system, or installation.

Please don't fry her!

This is fixed for the most part, although it can still happen, occasionally. (Just like car accidents happen in real life.)

This can happen when your keyboard looses connection for a split second, so the game thinks that you're pressing the button twice. You can disable these dodges in the Control section of the in-game settings.

This sounds like your game is installed on an HDD on Windows 7, using an outdated CPU.

Can you show a video?

Not even close.

GTX 1070
Ryzen 7 3700
Windows 11

Not the best but far from being the worst system and with FSR i get stable 60-75 FPS.
I'm a huge CP2077 and CDPR fan but i just can't ignore all the problems that still exist, i'm tired of acting like i'm blind.

Honestly speaking, if you have bugs, glitches and crashes you should think about 1. reinstalling a game and 2. have a serious check of your hardware. I had crashes on 1.2, 1.3 but from 1.5 game runs smoothly and I did not have any crash. And I`m using few mods on top of that. The only thing that bugs me is decreasing performance over time which quite a few people do when opening inventory etc.

I know its popular to blame a game first, but really - its been a massive improvement from what we had year ago.

Not the best but far from being the worst system and with FSR i get stable 60-75 FPS.
I'm a huge CP2077 and CDPR fan but i just can't ignore all the problems that still exist, i'm tired of acting like i'm blind.
Not an expert but get a stable 60-75 FPS doesn't mean that the game (the engine) is able to load textures & animations smoothly :(
Maybe a good idea to aim a lower framerate (40-50 FPS).

If you wanted it to be such a special experience for your girlfriend, did you not consider checking to see that you thoroughy enjoyed the experience yourself first? Not a criticism, nor advice, merely a life-observation.

I’m on the Series X and mostly see a lack of npc/player collision. Sometimes they’ll clip right through one another or stand conjoined in the same spot.

Alright, i've reainstalled the game and nothing has changed.
I just can't deal with this anymore, i can't enjoiy cutscenes due to all the bugs and glitches.
Gonna stop playing for now, perhaps in 2023 the game will be more enjoyable.

The thing that bothers me the most are the bugs and glitches in cut-scenes, especially in sad and serious moments, it's just ruining my immersion.

Yeah, the bugs are still there, but I haven't seen anything too bad. Jackie standing in the roof, and npc stuck in the floor. NPC randomly falling from the sky... Not sure if that last one is actually a bug, to be honest.

Yeah, the bugs are still there, but I haven't seen anything too bad. Jackie standing in the roof, and npc stuck in the floor. NPC randomly falling from the sky... Not sure if that last one is actually a bug, to be honest.

Yeah, the bugs are not game breaking, but damn... CP2077 is all about immersion and sometimes these bugs/glitches just ruin the mood for me.

Yeah, the bugs are not game breaking, but damn... CP2077 is all about immersion and sometimes these bugs/glitches just ruin the mood for me.
Are you running mods or not? Did you previously run mods and not delete the configuration files they might have messed with? It's almost impossible to understand from your posts what you're seeing but, unless you are VERY sensitive to bugs, it does not sound like the game is running normally.

Alright, i've reainstalled the game and nothing has changed.
I just can't deal with this anymore, i can't enjoiy cutscenes due to all the bugs and glitches.
Gonna stop playing for now, perhaps in 2023 the game will be more enjoyable.

The thing that bothers me the most are the bugs and glitches in cut-scenes, especially in sad and serious moments, it's just ruining my immersion.
You didn't say if you did a totally clean installation or not where all files are removed. Maybe there is a saved game file or some other file remaining that is corrupted and causing the problems you're experiencing. I know I would NOT be happy if I lost a play through halfway into it, but you can at least back up those files before doing a clean install just to rule out that possibility. I hope you can get it to work out.

Are you running mods or not? Did you previously run mods and not delete the configuration files they might have messed with? It's almost impossible to understand from your posts what you're seeing but, unless you are VERY sensitive to bugs, it does not sound like the game is running normally.
You didn't say if you did a totally clean installation or not where all files are removed. Maybe there is a saved game file or some other file remaining that is corrupted and causing the problems you're experiencing. I know I would NOT be happy if I lost a play through halfway into it, but you can at least back up those files before doing a clean install just to rule out that possibility. I hope you can get it to work out.
I made a clean installation after deleting all mods, but now i'm not sure if it was as "clean" as you guys tell me.. I'll check that, maybe something is corrupted, yeah

Just as comparaison, "normally" even with the lowest rig possible (by adjusting settings), the game should run as smoothly as that ;)
The Heist Afterlife meeting :

Top Bottom