1.7 getting real close?

+
I also think the Overdrive thing is just going to be basically a setting higher of RT. So it will basically be like Psycho+. I also imagine it will be so demanding that you will pretty much need a 4080 or 4090 to pull it off, along with DLSS3 (the frame generation) enabled.
No. It's more than higher resolution tracing... if CDPR can manage to implement it well, unlike TW3; it will feature RTXDI and multi-bounce indirect lighting and improved GI - the latter meaning no more faux large scale occlusion tricks necessary.

With them dropping old gen, do you guys think ps5 and Series X|S wil get more power, for lack of a better word.

It seems like as new versions of FSR come out it will get more 'powerful' because of it. I also imagine that once enough people get their hands on the new generation of consoles they will come out with 'pro' versions at some point.

I wouldn't be shocked if Nvidia stays ahead on the software side of things in terms of DLSS/frame gen if they get put into the PS6 and/or whatever the next XBox is called. Frame generation stuff seems like it would be amazing for consoles and their longevity.

It seems like as new versions of FSR come out it will get more 'powerful' because of it. I also imagine that once enough people get their hands on the new generation of consoles they will come out with 'pro' versions at some point.

I wouldn't be shocked if Nvidia stays ahead on the software side of things in terms of DLSS/frame gen if they get put into the PS6 and/or whatever the next XBox is called. Frame generation stuff seems like it would be amazing for consoles and their longevity.
Thats the thing.. i kinda found the consoles beeing under powered from the start.. they generally try too get around top tier gfx card preformance at release. This time they were around last gen at release. Some people have complained about the smaller xbox already so im hoping for a refresh since pc keeps improving faster...

Maybe irrelevant, but if 1.7 and PL are first half of the year releases. I think they'll release around investor updates.

This seems to have been the CDPR way as of late. Patches seem to drop within weeks of calls and stuff like that. The March call actually seems like a pretty good target as:

1. It allows them to drop the patch/announcement right before an investor call.
  2. It could open up pre-orders still in Q1, which they can then report on in May.
But I think the biggest concern with that date is the expected (but certainly not set in stone) release of Starfield is lingering around April-May. I often do not think heavy hitters like BGS and CDPR really have to look out for other releases, but they almost certainly seem to need to look out for one another as their fanbases overlap quite a bit. With the hype around Starfield, it seems like CDPR would want to distance themselves from it by at least a month or two.

But also - what do I know? :shrug:

This seems to have been the CDPR way as of late. Patches seem to drop within weeks of calls and stuff like that. The March call actually seems like a pretty good target as:

1. It allows them to drop the patch/announcement right before an investor call.
  2. It could open up pre-orders still in Q1, which they can then report on in May.
But I think the biggest concern with that date is the expected (but certainly not set in stone) release of Starfield is lingering around April-May. I often do not think heavy hitters like BGS and CDPR really have to look out for other releases, but they almost certainly seem to need to look out for one another as their fanbases overlap quite a bit. With the hype around Starfield, it seems like CDPR would want to distance themselves from it by at least a month or two.

But also - what do I know? :shrug:
I bet Sony would be really keen for some releases around Starfield

I bet Sony would be really keen for some releases around Starfield

I bet they would. That's a huge blow for Sony.

I sure hope they don't release around the same time. I barely get gaming time, I don't want to have to split it lol. Not that it would matter to them as I am definitely buying both Starfield and Phantom Liberty regardless of their possible overlapping release timeframes.

Starfield won't be on sale in the best of cases until the end of 2023 (an insider has already said this and on Steam yesterday they changed the release date from "2023" to "Coming Soon"). I'm pretty sure it won't be out until 2024, the demo they showed was far from a game in its final stage of development. It is a complex game with many problems to solve yet.

I still think there will be patch 1.7 in March, important announcement about Phantom Liberty news and information in a live twitch and expansion on sale in October, just a month or two before the investor call in November.

Last edited:
Starfield won't be on sale in the best of cases until the end of 2023 (an insider has already said this and on Steam yesterday they changed the release date from "2023" to "Coming Soon"). I'm pretty sure it won't be out until 2024, the demo they showed was far from a game in its final stage of development. It is a complex game with many problems to solve yet.

I still think there will be patch 1.7 in March, important announcement about Phantom Liberty news and information in a live twitch and expansion on sale in October, just a month or two before the investor call in November.

Are you referring to Mr.Mattyplays or whatever his name is? I haven't seen other insiders back that up, and why have a exclusive deep dive video if not to announce release date? Now, I do think it is more likely to get delayed then release, but I don't see the point of that deep dive video then.
Post automatically merged:

I bet they would. That's a huge blow for Sony.

I sure hope they don't release around the same time. I barely get gaming time, I don't want to have to split it lol. Not that it would matter to them as I am definitely buying both Starfield and Phantom Liberty regardless of their possible overlapping release timeframes.

Not that huge of a blow. Sony has Destiny 2 LightFall late February 28th and Horizon Burning Skies in March. I don't know where PL could drop, but I wish the industry didn't just release everything at once. Nobody can afford or have the time to play all these games at once.

Last edited:
I think Todd Howard got a good reality check showing off his game and receiving criticism from players: he has copied many of the features we already enjoyed in No man Sky, very basic combat (I wasn't surprised at all), graphically the game does not stand out, it is not a visually spectacular game like Cyberpunk 2077 has been. In addition, multiple design flaws were seen in the gameplay. It needs a lot of work and to show a new, more advanced gameplay that surprises. I feel like laughing thinking that this game will be on sale in 2023, I think that would be the end of Todd Howard.

We have seen the official interviews saying that it is going to be spectacular and after seeing the gameplay I think that the most successful for the game are the creators themselves... because I don't see Starfield as the new "Great Game" that will surprise us. This has been achieved by the Santa Monica Studio company with its two God of War games, they are undoubtedly at the top.

CDPR can regain confidence and once again demonstrate that its games have quality. In March, investors will know exact data for 2022 and will have a good impression when they learn about patch 1.7 and new information, date and price of the Phantom Liberty expansion.

I think that April and May will be work months for CDPR and the months of June, July, August and September are not good months to sell games and provide good support.

October or November is my bet, I could be wrong, but it's a reasonable time to ensure that the expansion leaves a very good taste in our mouths before moving on to Orion.

Last edited:
If that's true then that's a bold statement. Blood & Wine is massive, even compared to a lot of other game expansions. That said, I would hope so. They have been working on this since at early 2021.

My take... and I know a lot of people are trying to temper their expectations, but:

1. They have had a sizable and growing team on this expansion for what will be over TWO YEARS. And that is assuming it just started in early 2021. But from the charts we know there was a significant amount of people already assigned to this project and they have remained on it since that time. By the time the expansion releases it will likely have about half or more of the time put into it than the entire full blown release did.

2. There is a lot of talk about 'broken promises' that CDPR made with Cyberpunk 2077. I think most of the people complaining are off base - because they didn't promise most of the things I see them complaining about.

HOWEVER, they did flat out say that Cyberpunk would get more expansion content than The Witcher 3. They are on record saying that and I do not think they want to go back on that. Which is why I think this expansion could be absolutely huge. Like Blood and Wine plus Hearts of Stone amounts of content in the same expansion huge. Like charging $30-$50 for an expansion type huge.

3. I do not think they bringing Idris in for whatever insane amount of money they are paying him and retaining Keanu for whatever insane amount of money they are paying him just to make something the size of Hearts of Stone. If you are bringing in two big time actors/celebrities like that odds are the project is pretty big.

I'll be happy with whatever they release. I don't care if it is only Hearts of Stone size so long as it is good and priced in a reasonable manner.

But I think it is going to be huge. Like, a repeat of Blood and Wine, we basically got The Witcher 4 but this time it is almost like we got Cyberpunk 2 type huge.

HOWEVER, they did flat out say that Cyberpunk would get more expansion content than The Witcher 3. They are on record saying that and I do not think they want to go back on that. Which is why I think this expansion could be absolutely huge. Like Blood and Wine plus Hearts of Stone amounts of content in the same expansion huge. Like charging $30-$50 for an expansion type huge.
I'm kinda wondering if that's why they haven't revealed the price yet. I would be shocked if the base expansion is more then $60. I'll still likely buy it, cause I'm that huge of a fan, but I think that could ware a lot of people off.

Don't get too excited people.

"biggest expansion yet" could literally mean - most amount of money we've ever spent on an expansion project. Which does not directly translate to amount of content and/or quality of content. It's marketing speech. People should know that by 2023.

We know nothing of the expansion beyond what we saw in the two trailers. It seems likely that it would be a big expansion but until actual information is released, getting hyped up already is really just setting yourself up for disappointment.

"biggest expansion yet" could literally mean - most amount of money we've ever spent on an expansion project. Which does not directly translate to amount of content and/or quality of content. It's marketing speech. People should know that by 2023.

We know nothing of the expansion beyond what we saw in the two trailers. It seems likely that it would be a big expansion but until actual information is released, getting hyped up already is really just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think there is a difference between getting hyped up and speculating based on what we know. In addition to the points above...

1. Gaming companies, especially in the open world genre, rarely want to go backward. What I mean by that is that companies like Bethesda, CDPR and even FromSoft do not seem to want to put out less, rather they want to push the envelope with every release to make things bigger and better. There is a reason we are getting ONE THOUSAND PLANETTSSUhhhh in Starfield. There is a reason we got an enormous Souls game in a huge open world.

2. While Phantom Liberty is not a full blown release - CDPR did set the bar with Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. They know what the perception from fans will be if they deliver something on the smaller side in terms of content. Normally I would say this is not fair - but again they also flat out said there would be more expansion content for Cyberpunk than there was for The Witcher 3.

Adding to my above post and this one... Phantom Liberty is going to have been in development for two to three years (maybe slightly more) by the time it releases, as we don't know the exact start date of its production. If the expansion was an eight to ten hour story with a couple hours of side content (gigs or whatever), vehicle combat, an overhauled police system and some new combat...

1. There is no way that I can see that it would take them well over two years to put something like that together.

2. If it is that I am personally not going to freak out because while I speculate about games, I'm not going to overly hype myself up for them. If it is good, it is good regardless of if it is five hours of content or fifty. But it will definitely be a reflection on CDPR's development team and their ability if it takes them two to three years to churn out eight hours of content for an already released game.

Last edited:

Mate, spending a lot of money as a promotional tool is not necessarily a good look. They mean content. I don't think that's necessarily hyperbole either. Remember, they've only got two expansions under their belt. That's not a lot to go off of.

Agreed :)
Cyberpunk is CDPR "biggest game". Yes, the most "expensive", but it offer less content than The Witcher 3...

Top Bottom