Gang attacks on V in 1.7

+
With the gangs randomly attacking Ms V from time to time in update 1.7, is it tied to the Street Cred? So, at Street Cred 1, you are a no body not worth the bullet to waste on; to Street Cred 50 where Ms V is prime target for every moron gangoon who wants to make a name of themselves? For examples...

Both are appropriate for the setting and a great way to expand on what's in the source material - Random mooks and mercs f*ck with V based on rep/bounty and how hard that area of the map goes. Gangs f*ck with V based on relationship.

I once had an Arasaka death squad roll up on me near the warehouse where we fight Rhino.

Was just exploring the street around the place when suddenly the minimap turned red and about 5-6 guys all decked out in cyber-ninja Arasaka gear started running at me from their 2 parked SUVs down the street. Not sure why, most likely a bug with aggro distance, but it was super awesome :D

Would be cool if something like that officially happens.

I once had an Arasaka death squad roll up on me near the warehouse where we fight Rhino.

Was just exploring the street around the place when suddenly the minimap turned red and about 5-6 guys all decked out in cyber-ninja Arasaka gear started running at me from their 2 parked SUVs down the street. Not sure why, most likely a bug with aggro distance, but it was super awesome :D

Would be cool if something like that officially happens.
There was a patch, I don't remember which, where a first draft at gang/group attacking V based on recent activity appeared to be on the works.
I can't say this is factual, there were a lot of comments on it, I noticed a lot of group becoming aggro at V for no reason but might have been just that: some groups of enemies would randomly become aggro. Some of them happened every time V was in sight so maybe it wasn't tied to V's recent activity at all.

Would be cool if the opposite would also be possible.

Like, a gang trying to attack you (50 Street Cred V and a living Legend) and backing down as they recognize you.

I hope that it is rather tied to how V interacts with the gangs.

In addition I would love it if the gangs or other enemies voiced out their reasons of attacking. It would be easier to understand the nuances and complexities of the reputation system.

Like Scavengers yelling "Its that bitch who attacked our place in Watson! Get her!"

Like, a gang trying to attack you (50 Street Cred V and a living Legend) and backing down as they recognize you.

At least theres couple scripted encounters, but those are few and far between.
cpdead.jpg

Last edited:
There is a spot in Japantown, where you approach gangoons(Tyger claws) and they go hostile. When you enter that spot, it will say 'hostile area'. Its right under the clothing shop if you want to see for yourself.
A hundred yards away, you can take the bikes from under the Gangoons noses and they will ignore you.
I can only theorize that it has to do with whether gangoons are in a hostile or safe area. The Totentanz is marked as a safe area and the Maelstrommers will entirely ignore you, even as you climb through the window and go into their backstage area.

Top Bottom