Sexual preferences in CP77

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think a videogame lends itself better for sex or sex related scenes that a pnp RPG. I can imagine how, heh, unimaginably uncomfortable it would be to GM that kind of situation and tell the players what their sex partner is doing and how it feels XD.

Depends on the GMs mentality, personality and confidence and that of the group.

Dragon raised an interesting point: Technology opening avenues to new forms of sexual preferences. I'm tired of seeing ads on tv for "uniform dating" sites, but with the advent of the cybernetic revolution it stands to reaso n that some people would find themselves hopelessly attracted to full borgs.

Also, as Dragon pointed out, there would probably be new standards for what is and isn't seen as 'deviant' behaviour or taboo subjects.

These areas interest me quite a bit from a sociological point of view.

We seem to be heading back to the "Oversexualisation" topic, possibly because the multitude of gender preferences is already a given for everyone so there's nothing to discuss?

In an attempt to drag us back on-topic:
Yes, I would expect the game to reflect the full range of gender preferences of potential players, and the larger range of options that technology has made available in the game world.
The game world may also consider certain kinds of gender preference to be "deviant", if that fits in the story-line, but I wouldn't expect that to be about something as ordinary as homosexuality (or any other real-life gender alignment).
I *HOPE* that they don't go the bioware route and make the preferences of potential love interests change to reflect the main character's preferences. Similarly, you shouldn't be able to romance/have sex with someone just because the player desires it, or by following some rote dialogue options given in a wiki. Disappointment should be a part of this world.

And off-topic, I agree with Sard (I hate it when that happens). Sex, and nudity, shouldn't be ignored or left out. Nor should it be over-explicit - it isn't about censorship, it's about the game selling and about it getting publicity for being a great game, not because of some artificially-generated PR controversy.

No one here is saying sex, nudity, and relationships should be left out, just that it shouldn't be the focus of the game. At most it should be a side thing, a distraction if you will.

As for how relationships and preferences are handled.... it should be all over the board, prudish behavoir over here, wild crayu shit over there, i the middle of it some vanilla sprinkled with fetish sauce...

It's improtant that their be no Universal view or reaction, because the world simply doesn't work like that. That is star trek thinking, where you go to a planet that is all jungle and is the home of the Arcturan Sputz Monkey which is the only monkey on the planet... that shit needs to be avoided at all costs, Cyberpunk takes place on earth, and earth and everything about it is a wild chaotic place. We have strip clubs and gay pride parades and a mile away you have an amish community.. Shit's crazy here, and there is nothing that everyone agrees on, and everyone thinks their opinion is the right one.

i doubt it'll get too gay because consumers don't want that.

Even if you're right, it would be a cop out, and that is not what I as a (probably unrepresentative) consumer want from this game. I don't want T&A or straight sex as fanservice for sexually insecure boys, or gay or lesbian romance options as hush puppies thrown to the politically correct crowd to keep them quiet. I don't want a game that is about sex; what I want is for sex to be as integral to the game as it is to life, and I want it to be used, misused, abused, subverted, promoted, and decried in ways as profoundly disturbing as the future the game depicts.

mine would be still the same. end of topic :D

I truly cant believe there is still no info from CDPR -> unbelievable!

Forum veteran
No one here is saying sex, nudity, and relationships should be left out, just that it shouldn't be the focus of the game.
As for how relationships and preferences are handled.... it should be all over the board, prudish behavoir over here, wild crayu shit over there, i the middle of it some vanilla sprinkled with fetish sauce...
Totally agree with all of this. Major points for the usage of the phrase "fetish sauce," by the way.

Having it be one element of many is one thing, but focusing on relationships and all that jazz too prominently can be to the detriment of the rest of the game. Sex and relationships aren't the only elements that can convey vice and corruption, after all, and I'd like to see an equal amount of focus on the other aspects of the world that contribute to it being dystopic. Otherwise it risks becoming a game about futuristic romance.

So I'm voting yes on gay stuff and other stuff some may find uncomfortable, but only if relationships/romance can be presented in a way that don't completely smother the rest of the game.

mine would be still the same. end of topic :D

I truly cant believe there is still no info from CDPR -> unbelievable!

Release date is a very long time away. Totally believable. If it was Blizzard, we wouldn't even know enough to have a forum yet.

Ironically, Wisdom has made a FUNDAMENTAL argument for play CP2077 on a PC: mods that will allow us to create, as we must, "fetish sauce".

So I'm voting yes on gay stuff and other stuff some may find uncomfortable, but only if relationships/romance can be presented in a way that don't completely smother the rest of the game.

Certainly you don't consider this smothering. I find it rather...airy.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Certainly you don't consider this smothering. I find it rather...airy.
That's because you haven't yet cast off your tyrannical pant-shaped shackles and embraced the freedom of constant, unrelenting nudity.

For those of us who feel that clothes are a choice rather than a societal obligation, however, her garments appear positively suffocating.

Ironically, Wisdom has made a FUNDAMENTAL argument for play CP2077 on a PC: mods that will allow us to create, as we must, "fetish sauce".

One of the reason I play my games on a PC.
I can, and do, mod them to suit MY taste.

That's because you haven't yet cast off your tyrannical pant-shaped shackles and embraced the freedom of constant, unrelenting nudity.

PLEASE try that in Minnesota in February and take pictures, I'd love to see them.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
"Shadyham's whips, ball gags, and domination mod."

Hm. I like the sound of that.

PLEASE try that in Minnesota in February and take pictures, I'd love to see them.
Eh, it'd save us both a lot of trouble and discomfort if you just picture a deformed blue peanut M&M and extrapolate from there.

Not sure if that's accurate, though—I'm only a nudist online. It's quite warm in the computer tubes.

Forum veteran
The whole concept of mods introduces an interesting element to the discussion: if mods allow us the freedom to create things in the game, why not have side content like relationships be entirely mod-driven?

Like what if several buildings in the world were left empty in the base game and mods allowed the freedom to turn them into whatever we want (gay club, straight club, robot club, fight club)? And what if REDkit let us create characters with detailed back stories and place them around the city? That way, the CD Projekt [COLOR] people could focus on making the mechanics as good as they can be and leave it to us to flesh out the side stuff however we want. In a way, I can't help but think that this would be best for everyone; CD Projekt REDBLACKWHATEVER could dodge a lot of the inevitable oversexualization charges that would likely arise over the course of "relationship" content (while still having a highly sexualized world, yes), and pro-this and anti-that groups could mod in and share the characters and places they'd like to see.

Part of that suggestion is me really wanting the ability to create custom characters/quests like that, though. Hopefully they make it easy to do stuff like that.

Last edited:
The whole concept of mods introduces an interesting element to the discussion: if mods allow us the freedom to create things in the game, why not have side content like relationships be entirely mod-driven?

Like what if several buildings in the world were left empty in the base game and mods allowed the freedom to turn them into whatever we want (gay club, straight club, robot club, fight club)? And what if REDkit let us create characters with detailed back stories and place them around the city? That way, the CD Projekt [COLOR] people could focus on making the mechanics as good as they can be and leave it to us to flesh out the side stuff however we want. In a way, I can't help but think that this would be best for everyone; CD Projekt REDBLACKWHATEVER could dodge a lot of the inevitable oversexualization charges that would likely arise over the course of "relationship" content (while still having a highly sexualized world, yes), and pro-this and anti-that groups could mod in and share the characters and places they'd like to see.

Part of that suggestion is me really wanting the ability to create custom characters/quests like that, though. Hopefully they make it easy to do stuff like that.

First off, have you played any TW1 mod adventures? There's like one with decent writing. Fans taking on romance makes me shudder, although the opportunity will be there, sure. I just don't think it'll be anywhere near what CDPR does, nor would I consider fan adventures a suitable replacement. There's a recent interview with their head of marketing. He says they aren't backing off on this, the sex and violence. Instead, they're trying to integrate it better. That may mean no bank clerks baring their ass, but overall it's good news.

Forum veteran
First off, have you played any TW1 mod adventures? There's like one with decent writing.
I haven't, but how hard was modding for the first game? Could swear I remember Corylea talking about all the work that went into even simple details. If they made the whole thing a bit more user-friendly, we might end up with some real keepers.

On the other hand, yeah. Fans and romance. Maybe we could go 50/50? I don't want to see a huge focus on "romances" for the same resource reasons I don't want a huge focus on multiplayer, though a couple relationship things here and there that help flesh out the world and characters would always be welcome.

But I really, really, really want to create a relationship mod for all of you. For really. I don't want to have to learn a ton of stuff that I'll never again use just to subject you all to my madness, though.

How about no to "let fans mod it in" argument. If we are going to use that argument, how about cdpr just release the engine and let fans mod the whole game themselves? Oh, that does not work.

I really hate when people use the "let someone mod it in" argument. It is only an excuse to try and justify not including something that other people might want, OR to defend a broken game and have other people fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom