Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
While what you suggest is certainly possible from a technical standpoint the development and support costs would be ... amazing.
You'd need several hundred players willing to shell out $50+ a month.

I think that's a very, very conservative estimate. I would be thinking more along the lines of 10 - 20 thousand players paying $70+.

Sounds awesome, but I thunk there could be some unforseen issues:

Scale: you would need hundreds if not thousands of dedicated NPCs and that wage would get very high, very fast. You would probably be looking at double if not triple normal sub costs. Maybe more.

Time off: what do you do when people need breaks, days off or holidays? Those NPCs would not be available for that time. How about sick days and/or connection issues?

Corruption: CCP have already fired multiple staff because they used privileged information and abilities to further their own goals and agendas, as well as their friends and corpies, which was in breach of their contracts. This would have the potential to be much, much worse.

Time Off: Well I didn't say they should be there 24/7, I imagined it more like from time to time during the month for special events, if possible more.

Curruption: If any didn't take their job seriously or didn't like games and would actually break a game by giving more to a close one, well that is just being unfair, greedy, bad... but in any way, since they are paid they shouldn't even think about this. I mean I would be soooo happy to do this job I would make it as my career as an actor until there's a sequel and I would come again to work for the next game. How cool can it be? You're an actor, and you change the fate of millions of gamers! You make people wonder, you make people live something different because you were chosen to lead them or block them from doing something. There is so much you can do with this I don't know how they could even have the time to think about using their "power" for themself even though they passed an interview and dedicated themselves for this job. In short, before speaking about curruption, I would at least try it.

Cost: Before pitching out some prices made out of nowhere, maybe should we let the company study that subject?

Time Off: Well I didn't say they should be there 24/7, I imagined it more like from time to time during the month for special events, if possible more.
Ahhhh... That makes much more sense. EVE Online does that now. They get some of the developers to take control of key NPCs in large events, over 2000 pilots take part in these. They set up fleets full of very powerful, very expensive [strike]loot pinatas[/strike] ships whcih either attacks player fleets or each other, and they can be backed up by multiple player fleets.

They interact and react to the players and the events as they unfold. They often are given a general idea of what is expected of them and they run with it.

Curruption: If any didn't take their job seriously or didn't like games and would actually break a game by giving more to a close one, well that is just being unfair, greedy, bad... but in any way, since they are paid they shouldn't even think about this. I mean I would be soooo happy to do this job I would make it as my career as an actor until there's a sequel and I would come again to work for the next game. How cool can it be? You're an actor, and you change the fate of millions of gamers! You make people wonder, you make people live something different because you were chosen to lead them or block them from doing something. There is so much you can do with this I don't know how they could even have the time to think about using their "power" for themself even though they passed an interview and dedicated themselves for this job. In short, before speaking about curruption, I would at least try it.
I'll highlight the important part of what you just said:
they shouldn't even think about this
I don't think I have to say anything else on the matter.

Cost: Before pitching out some prices made out of nowhere, maybe should we let the company study that subject?
If it is setup as an occasional thing, then yeah, it works out fine with minimal costs. But I was under the impression that you meant 24/7. If an NPC is going to be directed by an actual person, then really I would hope they would be so all the time. It was an amazing idea until you limited it down that way.

After going through this thread (Pfhew) a lot of things I'd like to see have already been posted, but:

I'd like the game to send emails to me out of game with little mysteries to solve that can then be applied in game.

No respawns. I hate games where you continually die and respawn a little further back. I'd like to see this as a single life game. You die, oops. Start a new character. At least an option for this.

Freedom of choice of how to solve a problem. Locked door. Do you pick the lock? Blow it up? Schmooze someone for the key?

Some real hacking. We might not all be computer programmers, but it would be fun to create some programs to do things like search for points ingame, crack ICE, create ICE, etc.

And I want to JACK IN to this game.

After going through this thread (Pfhew) a lot of things I'd like to see have already been posted, but:
It's a pig and no mistake. There should be an achievement just for that!

I'd like the game to send emails to me out of game with little mysteries to solve that can then be applied in game.
That is an awesome idea. best idea i've heard for ages actually. Kudos.

No respawns. I hate games where you continually die and respawn a little further back. I'd like to see this as a single life game. You die, oops. Start a new character. At least an option for this.
I think the entire 2020 playerbase is onboard with that one.

Freedom of choice of how to solve a problem. Locked door. Do you pick the lock? Blow it up? Schmooze someone for the key?
God yes.

Some real hacking. We might not all be computer programmers, but it would be fun to create some programs to do things like search for points ingame, crack ICE, create ICE, etc.
Spot on, once again.

And I want to JACK IN to this game.
PLEASE!
PLEASE!
PLEASE!
PLEASE!
PLEASE!
PLEASE!

If it is setup as an occasional thing, then yeah, it works out fine with minimal costs. But I was under the impression that you meant 24/7. If an NPC is going to be directed by an actual person, then really I would hope they would be so all the time. It was an amazing idea until you limited it down that way.

Well to be honest, considering they are actually humans doing this job, Of course 24/7 would have been amazing and that's was I was wishing for but also be inhuman for them, unless they had replacements. => Actor finish it's schedule, "Npc has to go the bathroom" or "go to sleep" or "gotta eat" ( the npc is idle in a routine of actions/animations/automated responses until another actor takes control) Every day of the week would be realistically nice, but not 24/7.

Also FFXIV before revamp did it with "Nael Van Darnus" one of the Garlean leader.

But to go back to the topic, I was really enthusiastic about VOICE ACTING npcs actors (spreding rumours or anykind of interaction, good or bad) and a flawless public voice chat system based on distance and ambient noise. I wish players would "role play" while using this feature. If some feel like trolling, then I hope they would do it "role play" style.

I talk much about this feature on other forums for other mmorpgs (especially when I'm an alpha tester) because sadly, MMORPG lack in ambiance and city life. I've played a lot of mmo's and to be honest with you all, FFXIV is the one that did the best job as bringing a city alive with npc animations, concepts and ambient sounds depending on the area. I think the only thing that such mmo'S are missing is real/live/vocal/physical/path changing interaction with certain* npcs.

Edit: It could even be just a hobo that shouts stuff to players and other actor npcs that play the role of policeman try to shut him up and it''s on you or all the players to help the hobo or policeman or a strange man who talks about an event coming up or if you ever get in trouble you would end up under police/gang/resistance interrogation who a voice actor would speak to you directly...

Oh and OCULUS RIFT compatible and hoping that the oculus will be able to reflect your face muscles /eyes motions to your character to face recognition. Well yeah, like I said In my OP, maybe we are not there yet...

Last edited:
Of course 24/7 would have been amazing
use an IA, problem solved, but lots of new problems caused :cheers:

maybe a scratch style programming interface could be nice (for those who don't know -> http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/editor/?tip_bar=getStarted)

Last edited:
What I see in this upcoming game

Well... Nothing much to say except this game will be awesome but that's just being mean. Why? Because almost every games that came out (or coming soon) this year always have comments like "This game is awesome. Can't wait for it to come out". What I really want in a game is realism. Which is almost impossible because players will start hating on the game if it's too real or vice-versa. I'm not saying my opinion counts more than anyone here... It's just that I've been playing a lot of games and all of them are MMO games but I can't scratch the feeling that almost all of the best game out there lacks a bit of everything. I hope this game delivers. All the elements that must have:

1. Open World (like really really big map with over 2-3 continents that can be venture with transportation either by air or sea)
2. Real-time weather and season (let's be honest here... Who wouldn't want that? Day and night; Clear, cloudy or rainy; the four seasons)
3. Changeable camera view (not all gamers love TPS and not all of them love FPS. Why not have option?)
4. Separate the appearances and stats (I hate it when I like the looks of the current armor I'm wearing but the uglier one has better stats. Get what I mean?)
5. Combat, interaction and movements (This is probably one of the most hard subject for any game developers out there to put inside a game. It's probably because almost all game developers haven't hired the right person for the right job. I know this cause most of them either copied the system from other games or just observing them through movies.)

When I first heard this game, what I think the game have is the military style combat, almost human like ai and realistic movements with a mix of parkour. I know I'm asking a lot. But having these features in game, anyone would definitely want to play it. Doesn't matter if it's F2P, B2P or P2P fans will surely want to try this game out. Anyway, good luck on the game. Hopefully you guys will upload any sort of video that contains some of what I mentioned earlier especially no. 5. This is MrFerret signing out.

Last edited:
Music could be an awesome feature. Moving in from the hot noisy and dark streets to a bar with loud trance or heavy rage metal or to a mall sitting in a lift listening to the corporate drone.

MrFerret;1285241[I said:
][/I]
1. Open World (like really really big map with over 2-3 continents that can be venture with transportation either by air or sea)

continents? you are thinking way to big ......

Music could be an awesome feature. Moving in from the hot noisy and dark streets to a bar with loud trance or heavy rage metal or to a mall sitting in a lift listening to the corporate drone.

music will be important, look at this quote from CD

Music is important in the trailer, and it will be in the game. Look for
a panorama across genres when it’s released.
Music will be everywhere, an integral part of the world. Building
atmosphere, illustrative in quests, incidental elsewhere, woven
variously into the fabric of sound that will build the game world.

... in a clapped-out old banger with a top speed of 30mph.

But where is Wisdom? Tuesday's almost over and I haven't even got STARTED on my weekly quota of wiz-baiting.

...all in real time...

I've no idea where or how he is. You'll probably have to cache it all in lieu. Redge, you heard from him at all?

My dream RPG would have every single building be enterable, puddles to splash when I run through them, smaller objects that actually move when I bump into them, and the clothes on my character to react to the wind and the rain whenever possible. It's the small things that really makes a difference to me, the things that really immerse me and sometimes make me think, "wow, they really didn't have to do that but I sure as hell appreciate they put it in the game." As for combat, I want my bullets not to just leave a red mark on my enemies, I want them to react to the hit if they are vulnerable in that area, I want to see them crawl when I've taken out their knees, I want to see them scared or panicked when they're outgunned, and I want to see them using actual tactics instead of just charging straight in front of my guns. Generally, I want the AI to be really smart, and not just in combat either, but staying on the topic of combat, I want the guns to sound realistic. Sound can make a huge difference in terms of immersion, especially in situations where you can hear a sniper bullet cracking against concrete or shrapnel from a grenade hitting close to your position. Also another important thing to me, melee. In some games it's really satisfying, and in others I'm just left thinking, "I don't know if I hit him or if my weapon was just phasing through him." When I hit a guy in the face, I wanna see blood, bruises, dents or some other kind of damage.

Moving on, I could live without most of the things from the combat, in fact I could live without it entirely. The one thing that matters the most to me is freedom to do and say what you want. I don't like it where I'm pushed into a position where the options given are none of the ones I'd ever do. The most important part of a game for me is the characters, and the interactions you have with them as a player. While I'm on the subject of interaction, I'd like the random chatter you may overhear in the game not to be just the same line repeated over and over again. It gets really annoying, instead I'd like them to do a lot of voice acting for the random characters to the point where you could do a second play through and hear things you've never heard the people talking about before. This was a pretty big problem for me in Dragon's Dogma, I absolutely loved the game but the fact that the pawns didn't have much to say annoyed me, especially seeing as they're with you through the entire game.

That's pretty much it for me. There are things I can live without, I don't even really need pretty graphics to find a game immersive so long as there is a lot of really cool and varied content to keep me happy.

give us a photo mode, Infamous Second Son has one now and it is fantastic! With a photo mode we are able to make awesome and detailed shots of our character and the game world.

I totally want a photo mode, also streaming/video mode should be possible, also I would like a video auto saving functionality for example if your system can, set a 10 min buffer, and if you do something cool, you can save it on the fly, like with nvidia shadow play, but for any gpu (could also be used for bug reporting).

another thing I would like would be a low poly mode for "crappy" pcs (something like i3+igpu or worse) and a med /(verry) high poly mode if you have a good or even a killer pc from 2020 *wink* (I don't care if you can't run on max setting at more than 60 fps with 4 titans for now, but I'd like to still have a new high-end pc maxed out in 5-10 years, but would also love to play on a 5-10 years old laptop)

for the skill tree, I would like something like this https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/
and finally, if the IA would "learn" your habits, it could be fun, for example, if you use the same disguise and tactics, they would spot you faster, if the group you go to is in link with another. (yeah pretty messy talk, but hope you get my point)

Last edited:
Alliance and betrayals are a must. If you enter into an alliance/contract for a mission you should be able to suddenly betray them and reap the rewards/consequences! It's a rough world out there and sometime you just gotta look out for your own interests.

Alliance and betrayals are a must. If you enter into an alliance/contract for a mission you should be able to suddenly betray them and reap the rewards/consequences! It's a rough world out there and sometime you just gotta look out for your own interests.

that would also be nice to not have every single peon from the gang immediatly know that you're against them (if you don't give it out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom