Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no. Proknifer, you got it all wrong.

RPGs are about playing a role.

Imagine a bunch of senior citizens playing volleyball. Now would it be fair for YOU to be penalized simply because you are in a wheelchair?

It would totally take away the game aspect by giving the kiddies an unfair advantage!

You see, the REAL purpose of video games is to have a fake social life --- er I mean live vicariously through your character.

E.g. If you are playing a character that is allergic to potassium, but the game doesn`t model it, then you shouldn`t eat bananas. If you do, you should try real hard to commit suicide as to model your allergy to potassium.

This my friend.----Role-playing is the epitome of gaming.

Everyone should be on an equal level. Grinding is the only acceptable way to get good or else some people might get angry.

Reductio ad absurdum!

I'll admit this made me think differently about the whole auto-aim thing, I just see a lot of people complaining if there is only auto-aim in the game. Now that I think about it, that could either be really interesting or really frustrating. Either way, whatever makes the hardcore fans happiest, I'm for. After all, this game should be aiming to make the PnP players happy first, and hopefully draw in new fans along the way.

Either way, whatever makes the hardcore fans happiest, I'm for. After all, this game should be aiming to make the PnP players happy first, and hopefully draw in new fans along the way.

I hope not. The fastest way to ruin is to give fan service.

The vocal minority is almost never representative of the majority.

Fan service...that thing behind Kickstarter?

If you want to ruin a game, ignore what your market is interested in. Not too smart. Fan service, taken too far, is as bad as any other error, but it is hardly alone in that. Listening to your fans has served CDPR and Apple and Coke and Walmart and McDonald's and Steven Spielberg pretty well.

George Lucas..didn't really listen to his fans, for example.

What Sard said, I think.

Customer/fan wishes provide background data to assist in decision-making. They're not the decision-makers, neither should their inputs be ignored completely.

And a good developer should be getting data from multiple sources, not just the vocal minority.

And Kickstarter donors are stakeholders, funding the game. That puts them in a different category to the fanbase of a game that's being funded directly by the developer.

I feel like the character's skills should compensate yours, so if you want to have auto aim, just pick a "good gunner" perk, or something like that, else don't
also, on the topic of perks, I would like to have some negative ones (to balance the good ones) that could influence the game in some ways (like color-blind, or transport-sick)

Hi guys!
I just registered because i really can't wait for this game.
I always dreamed about creating/playing a game which could enable "pen and paper situations", an hard task!
Cd Project as all my respect for still believing this could be possible and i feel the duty to share my opinions (even if i'm not usual writing in english), thank you if you'll take a read :)

Some games got close to it, i played many early Mud communities, and private servers of Ultima Online and World of Warcraft who tried to make it "more rpg". Mostly with strong communities and many volunteers.
None of them could really get behind a factor gamemaster/players of 1/10. I would define the gamemaster as " a person who helps players developing their character coherently, and gives the right rewards to their actions".

I know that this is not a golden law... it is impossible to make of a game a success worldwide without involving thousands of people who spend his time only helping others have fun.
But Cyberpunk offers a good chance, thanks to the game mood.

Really important is that players act like characters. The less we see players doing repetively tasks to get mechanical advantages, the more we get involved in the imaginary situation.
World of Warcraft as wonderful sights, a world who could take his first breath, but everytime you see someone jumping around you remember that you're in front of a monitor. Everytime you're asked if you want to join a RAID, the magic disappears.
You have the sacred mission to help so many players you can immedesimate with their characters, starting from those who thinks they're are good at it.
Wonderful would be a series of animations based on the random background system, who compose the personal story of your new character.

I think League of legends showed a good way to manage accounts with "the tribunal" and the same system could be applied even in a more positive way: Players could recognize good players.

I would be interested to talk more about it, if someone's interested.

Maybe one day i'll play cyberpunk 2077 with oculus rift!
Pretty an infancy dream coming true!

Hi guys!
I just registered because i really can't wait for this game.
I think League of legends showed a good way to manage accounts with "the tribunal" and the same system could be applied even in a more positive way: Players could recognize good players.

I would be interested to talk more about it, if someone's interested.

Maybe one day i'll play cyberpunk 2077 with oculus rift!
Pretty an infancy dream coming true!

We're -always- interested. You should be aware that Cyberpunk 2077 is not going to be an MMO and even the inclusion of multiplayer at all is in doubt. It's primarily designed as a single player role playing game.

We're -always- interested. You should be aware that Cyberpunk 2077 is not going to be an MMO and even the inclusion of multiplayer at all is in doubt. It's primarily designed as a single player role playing game.

I am so thankful for that fact! I don't have the patience to deal with twelve year olds that don't deserve internet access. Don't get me wrong there are awesome experiences but I'm getting sick of it. I feel like this game works better as a single player experience.

One game that I will be playing that is online is Destiny. I hope THAT game lives up to the hype.

I don't want to go off topic or slander twelve year olds more than I usually do, ( little swine eat my chocolate, EVERY EASTER. Stupid bunny), but @Davunk, you've contradicted yourself utterly. Destiny is exactly the game that the Squeaky Legion will flock to at top speed. You're going to be deluged. But THAT is a topic for another thread, girls. One that I am too lazy to make.

Just wanted to start with a little background. I started playing DnD in 1992, when I was 14. By 95 I had progressed to 2020. I was a Solo that lived off kibble and chased bounties for a living constantly battling off cyber-cycosis. I was a netrunner that jacked a corporate battle mech and used it to rob banks for days until I was taken out by a para-military merc unit the police hired to stop me. I almost got away too... but they had railguns. I was even a rocker once, I liked to think of my character as Han Solo with a guitar and bio-metric enhancements.

I grew up on this stuff and loved it all.

Some of the best stuff was rolling for attributes. That was almost the best part of the game. It would be cool to have that in there somehow. Maybe the player can roll and then decide where and how to assign them. Thus organically creating the class of their character... Maybe not tho, idk, but dice would be cool!

It would be sweet if there were a never ending list of side jobs. Not necessarily as involved as quests, but jobs. Like aforementioned bounties. guys to kill for money, packages to deliver through dangerous areas, corporate wars to get involved in, bank jobs to pull, something separate from the game that can keep me coming around after the main quest is done.

If there is no multiplayer than it might be cool to have your character have to learn or at least at some point use the unique traits or skills associated with other classes. i.e. you cannot progress unless you netrunn at some point. A lot of people have mentioned not fighting all the time. It would be nice since there are not other players to fill roles that eventually your guy will have to fill those roles in order to get anywhere or progress. Maybe by the time you finish the game you are a Solo, netrunning, media, corporate guy?!?! idk.

Or you have an NPC crew!? like old DnD video games or final fantasy. And those NPC's fulfill roles that are needed.

Anyways, looks like you guys are off to a good start, the teaser trailer is basically the whole reason I bought my PS4 so no pressure, just stay true to the paper game and try not to screw it up! Thanks :)

Oh, oh, oh, Cinamatics. I love those. game play is great, but I have a bad ass stereo and LED so try to mix in a bunch of cinematics. sometime I want to be entertained and feel like Im watching theater quality stuff.

Last edited:
The vocal minority is almost never representative of the majority.

I can't help but find this amusing as the most vocal minority I know is the PvP/FPS crowd.

When the "Age of Conan" MMO was first released it was billed (more-or-less) as a PvE game with PvP options. And for the first month or so everything seemed to be going along fine. Sure you got the occasional greifer slaughtering characters half their level and telling everyone how wonderful they were but it was a fairly rare event. For the most part PvP was relegated to the city sieges (which were specifically PvP events) or battles where those involved concentrated on each other not non-involved or disinterested passers by.
Things were looking pretty good.
Then folks started hitting the games level-cap.
And the number of paying subscribers fell by over 75% in a month because it got to the point the non-PvP players literally couldn't set foot outside the safe zones without having 5-20 PvPers jump on them. Sure a handful of the PvP crowd stuck to fighting each other but most went for easy kills to boost their PvP rating and egos.
These days they've shut down ALL the PvP servers for lack of players and only the PvE server(s) are still running.

So if the majority of players want free-to-kill-anyone-anytime-anyplace PvP as the PvP crowd claims why is the lack of players and the running off of 75% of the player base happening?

I wouldn't know.

Except for here, I don't really hang in gaming circles because most games post-2003 are crap.

I don't play MMO because I don't like things like auto-aim, why would I like things like click and auto-attack.

I wouldn't know.

Except for here, I don't really hang in gaming circles because most games post-2003 are crap.

I don't play MMO because I don't like things like auto-aim, why would I like things like click and auto-attack.

It really is a different kind of game. More a matter of timing, position and knowing your class and the other guys. Top-rank MMO players, PvE or PvP are very good at both their games and, in my experience, any other action-style game.

I found Age of Conan end-game dull before I even got there after a month or two of play. So did the rest of my crew. Same as every other MMO we've tried since WoW, with WAR being a minor exception. Had nothing to do with gankers or carebears or whatever. Weak later game was all.

Speaking of post 2003 games and Dream RPGs, have you kids seen or played Divinity Origins or Wasteland 2? Both games are really working to let the players have a lot of choice.

I never had the patience to go past lvl 20,that was the impression that I got.I really can't comment on gameplay past this.

George Lucas DID listen to his target market --- namely star wars geeks at the expense of the mainstream public and that was the undoing of the prequels.

(The Whys are pretty much expanded upon by Neal Stephenson in this NYT article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/17/opinion/17stephenson.html?pagewanted=all)

And to his credit, Star wars would never had seen the day without Lucas' persistence. Simply put, EVERYONE thought it was so corny that it was going to be a C-movie sci-fi including the actors involved.

Wasteland 2 sounds like the bomb, like a throwback to 1996.

Last edited:
Open-world role-playing something-something game. Big world, huge world in fact, but not at the expense of detail and complexity. Ability to customize the fuck out of my character, visual and otherwise. A place to chill out, or a few places to chill out. Friends in the game world you can contact just to hang with or go on crazy adventures not in the main quest line.

Basically if i wanted to load the game, start my save game, get out of bed, maybe go a few blocks down the street and sell some contraband for enough money to get that nice leather jacket I saw in the window of a clothing store, then go down to a bar and have some horrible tasting drinks and stagger back home, save the game and quit....that would be great. No constant nagging to get something done unless I want to.

Open-world role-playing something-something game. Big world, huge world in fact, but not at the expense of detail and complexity. Ability to customize the fuck out of my character, visual and otherwise. A place to chill out, or a few places to chill out. Friends in the game world you can contact just to hang with or go on crazy adventures not in the main quest line.

Basically if i wanted to load the game, start my save game, get out of bed, maybe go a few blocks down the street and sell some contraband for enough money to get that nice leather jacket I saw in the window of a clothing store, then go down to a bar and have some horrible tasting drinks and stagger back home, save the game and quit....that would be great. No constant nagging to get something done unless I want to.

I' m pretty sure that if you miss an apointment because of that you will get some consequences.

I want a duck hunt style gun for this game but with a lazer site I can see on my tv screen.
I want to see more hot human & robot chicks, full nude is fine by me.
I don't mind seeing so called taboo sex acts in a game such as this, I just don't want to ever have to control it.

Okay maybe once before the world ends & we all die, just so we can say we did it lol..

I' m pretty sure that if you miss an apointment because of that you will get some consequences.

What appointment is that? Get fired from your virtual job over at the spare arm parts factory?

I know, big dreams and such. I was a kid once too.

Speaking of post 2003 games and Dream RPGs, have you kids seen or played Divinity Origins or Wasteland 2? Both games are really working to let the players have a lot of choice.
Don't wanna spoilers or touch unfinished projects so I keep my distance and only read previews (skipping the parts where they explain details of certain quest). When Original Sin releases next month me and my friend have just started our summer holidays \o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom