Door doesn't open

+
Door doesn't open

I have created a neat little world with, amongst other things, a door (gatebig_camp). I can open it from one side, but from the other side (the one with the bar to block it) the icon to press left mouse button shows, but if I do, the icon disappears, nothing happens and then the icon pops up again.
Strangely enough, I have another door (flotsam_gates_door), which works just fine from either side.
Has somebody else had this issue and solved it?
Or do I do something wrong?

I just noticed two red lines showing up when trying to play my world: "Cannot register CLayer "%path%":: gatebig_camp16::eek:pen_door_outside to path engine" and "Cannot register CLayer "%path%":: gatebig_camp16::eek:pen_door_inside to path engine"
I'd like to know first, how to fix this and second why can I open the door from at least one side, then?

I encountered this problem once or twice and these usually help:

1) Try generating navigation mesh again;
2) Tinker with door placement (up/down mostly as there are two areas on the both sides of door that got to connect nicely to the navigation mesh);

Thanks for your quick answer.
1. Problem is, the two (or rather four, two blue ones and two white ones) areas of the door don't move with it and I don't seem to be able to select them individually.
2. Do you mean I should move the door so that the areas are a bit in the groung like the pathAreas or rather above it?

1. Problem is, the two (or rather four, two blue ones and two white ones) areas of the door don't move with it and I don't seem to be able to select them individually.
I'm pretty sure that these areas move along with the doors, but their "graphic gizmo" don't for some reason (I hope it makes sense). If you place doors somewhere, move them and then reload your level, you will notice that these boxes are where they should be.

2. Do you mean I should move the door so that the areas are a bit in the groung like the pathAreas or rather above it?
Can't say I know it for a fact, yet I'd vote for "a bit in the ground" option.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for replying so late, I got it to work somehow.
Indeed I just moved it back and forth, up and down and rotated it.
Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom