Assassin's Creed Unity

+
Well, when I learn about four people co-op my expectations took a huge dive. It is hard enough to write a good story when you have one protagonist, while fleshing him out as a character, and making us care. But I am afraid with this stupid coop a story will take the back seat, and will be some simplistic thing, with bunch of regular missions copied and pasted from other games.
What I still like is the settings. Even if ACU turns into a historical tourism simulator, I really don't mind sight-seeing and parkouring in Paris during French revolution. So I will be buying this game, even if only for this reason.

I think there's only one thing to say: If you don't like it, then DON'T buy it, If you want to buy it and think it's overpriced then WAIT for the price to drop. It's simple! I'm personally going to go with the latter statement. :)

That's not really the point I was making. I've bought overpriced stuff before and will continue to(looking at you E3 pewter statue). Selling a collector'sedition at the norm price without the game. That and bullshit regional variations.

That's not really the point I was making. I've bought overpriced stuff before and will continue to(looking at you E3 pewter statue). Selling a collector'sedition at the norm price without the game. That and bullshit regional variations.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I was referring to this thread in general. I do agree with the statement you just made though, it's completely ridiculous.

Well, when I learn about four people co-op my expectations took a huge dive. It is hard enough to write a good story when you have one protagonist, while fleshing him out as a character, and making us care. But I am afraid with this stupid coop a story will take the back seat, and will be some simplistic thing, with bunch of regular missions copied and pasted from other games.
What I still like is the settings. Even if ACU turns into a historical tourism simulator, I really don't mind sight-seeing and parkouring in Paris during French revolution. So I will be buying this game, even if only for this reason.

From what I've read, the coop is only confined to side missions so the story and character development should still be to the same AC standard, and even then I think you can do all that side stuff by yourself as well, though I could be wrong. I've also read that the regular AC multiplayer is being completely scrapped for this game so hopefully we should see more content being put into the single player.

Either I'm excited for Unity and will probably get it day one.

I'm really looking forward to AC Unity. I already preordered the Bastille edition. I mean, I was very disappointed with AC IV Black Flag but I have hope for AC Unity. First reason is that they returned to cities and vertical gameplay (now even with indoor areas), second reason is that they set the game in one of my favorite historical periods and third reason is that they hired the game director of AC Revelations for Unity again (and Revelations is my favorite AC game because of many reasons)... :)

I don't have much problems with the co-op. I probably won't use it much (I just lack the friends who play AC as well, sadly) but I also don't think it will drastically diminish the SP experience. This time they seem to to focus on SP and co-op and cut the MP so they don't spread too thin. If I understood the co-op mode correctly every player plays Arno in his game and your co-op buddies will just act as support without any interference with the story. So you can just hunt down the bad guys alone or in the group, it doesn't matter to the story because in your own game you're the only important person who does all the talking and if you join the game of a friend you act just as a supporting character during a mission. I think MP will be quite similar to the MP in Watch_Dogs where also everyone plays Aiden in their own game and they appear as different persons in the games of the other players. That's also the reason why there are no females in co-op because everyone just controls his own main character and because it's not a seperated mode but just ingame hop-on, hop-off MP/co-op.

I just hope that Unity will be less driven by numbers. In their latest games Ubisoft pressed their open world in numbers, labeling everything even the secrets. I would appreciate a less formulaic and static game world in which most of the game is centered around the next achievement or the next set of stuff found. AC Unity should be centered around the main character and his story again and the open world should be his authentic playground to fulfil his destiny and not a place in which 50% of the game is centered around finding labeled and numbered collectives. You've rescued a citizen? Nice, 9 to go. You killed a carrier? Nice, still 7 on the list. You've found a flag? Ok, still 45 to go. Watch_Dogs and AC IV were horrible examples of that formulaic approach in which the open world were not used as a natural and dynamic world but as world in which every dynamic or exciting moment is ripped off and you could always have a look in the menu how much there is left for you in the game....

Well, we'll see how they'll do it for Unity. I don't expect too much or I guess I will be disappointed again. But as an AC fan I will play it anyway, if only for the missions and for "visiting the revolutionary Paris"... ;)

that's hilarious. this is what ubisoft is today. merchandise seller. game optional.

I don't understand the "problem". There are four different versions of AC Unity available with the Guilloitine Edition only being a merchandise option for the real hardcore fan. As such an hardcore fan it shouldn't be a problem to buy a game copy to play the game on top of it.

Hell, many hardcore Witcher fans who preordered the Witcher 3 CE also preordered the game on GOG (or Steam) on top otf that although the just need one copy to play the game. I don't see the big difference tbh... ;)

If you are no hardcore AC fan there is no reason to buy this merchandise edition anyway. Just buy one of the editions which include a game version (Notre Dame Edition, Bastille Edition, Special Edition, Standard Edition)...

Because it's overpriced? Because their a game developer who, well is supposed to sell games? Just put the damned game in it. Keep the price or raise it, either way it's a shit excuse not to have the game in there.

Because it's overpriced? Because their a game developer who, well is supposed to sell games? Just put the damned game in it. Keep the price or raise it, either way it's a shit excuse not to have the game in there.
They can sell whatever they want. They live in a free country and it's not up to you to decide what they sell and how they sell it. Either you buy their product or you don't. That's up to you.

Would you even buy this CE if they'd put the game in??? If not you have no reason to complain anyway. And even if you're probably such a BIG fan that it shouldn't hurt you too much to buy a game key somewhere on top for a few bucks more.

Last edited:
Ubisoft decided that this time the game will be released simultaneously on consoles and PC.

It looks like damage control. Good news anyway.

Yeah I checked (at least for AC4) and you're right.
I didn't care much about AC and Ubisoft games before I started playing AC4 two months ago.

Hm, the city is easily the best looking part of the game. The crowd/NPCs and especially the faces don't look next-gen or state-of-the-art at all to me...

that looks unbelievably stupid. but i guess that is the culmination of all their masturbatory parkour fantasies. congrats, it paid off.

Last edited:
So much for going the more intriguing route.

I guess they couldn't pass up going easy and making him a republican and a man of the people.

So much for going the more intriguing route.

I guess they couldn't pass up going easy and making him a republican and a man of the people.
Well, the French revolution is long and bloody and being "a man of the people" is only worth so much.

I guess Arno will first fight against the nobility and later against Robbespierre and the great terror. I mean, that's what an assassin does: fighting against the ones who seek for too much power and order...

Top Bottom