Steam Summer Sale

+
Hm, having it on the wishlist only rarely helps in my experience. I often get mails about games on my wishlist being on sale either too late or not at all... ;)

I had two on my wishlist that went on sale, I didn't get any emails.

Yes me either. It seems that the email system is not working in these days.
I don't mind anyway, both Gog and Steam are under my radar every day :)

Bah! Greedy EA x(They could make a better offer on Child of Light

Last edited:
I honestly don't think that EA can do anything about Child of Light's price.

Really? meaning that they don't agree on the sale itself? Well I don't know, other fresh new title of the mainstream got a better deal in my opinion... that's why I thought maybe EA didn't like it. Oh well... I won't die without Child of Light.

I need instead your feed about Bioshock series, since the budle of al the three of them seems good. I already know about Bioshock Infinite, Dragonbird told me. I'd like to know about the other two.

I need instead your feed about Bioshock series, since the budle of al the three of them seems good. I already know about Bioshock Infinite, Dragonbird told me. I'd like to know about the other two.

Buy them. That's all you need to know. And after you've finished at least Bioshock 1 and Infinite, you need to play the Burial at Sea DLC's (but get them sale price).
(I did like Bioshock, it's just that Iiked Infinite better)

Got myself Call of Juarez Gunslinger for £4.99 along with the Steam version of Blood Dragon. I just like having spares you know? :happy:

Yes me either. It seems that the email system is not working in these days.
I don't mind anyway, both Gog and Steam are under my radar every day :)

Bah! Greedy EA x(They could make a better offer on Child of Light
If you don't mind to have the game only on Uplay, Amazon.com offers a better price for Child of Light right now (~$11). ;)

Bioshock 1 was good, Bioshock 2 was worse than 1 and BS Infinite has written EPIC FAIL all over its package...

Last edited:
Well I've just purchased Bioshock pack one hour ago so.... :D too late to rethink.
Anyway, if I won't like it, no big harm since I only paid E 10.19 for the trilogy.

I was just thinking that I may not have so much time to play all the games I've purchased :D but whatever, before W3\CP77 release there's such a long waiting!

7.99€ is the cheapest offer for Child of Light.

And key shops are the way to go - of course you need to know which ones to use.
I usually use G2play.net to get my games, they're legit.

At first I used them to order Dead Island and it's sequel (the UK versions) because they are
USK-banned in my country and Steam refuses to sell them to me.

They offer really good deals, while Steam usually charges you more for a large profit margin.

You can get Divinity: Dragon Commander for 4.99€ for example.

Or Divinity: Original Sin for 22.95€ (it costs 39.99€ at Steam).

Like I said, I've only made good experiences with G2play.net~

Last edited:
If you don't mind to have the game only on Uplay, Amazon.com offers a better price for Child of Light right now (~$11). ;)

Bioshock 1 was good, Bioshock 2 was worse than 1 and BS Infinite has written EPIC FAIL all over its package...

Infinite was, well as far as I'm concerned anyway, nowhere near an epic fail. There's a lot more that could have been done with it, or rather not dropped on the cutting room floor. The DLC though, well I don't like to talk about it, makes me very, very angry.

Infinite was, well as far as I'm concerned anyway, nowhere near an epic fail. There's a lot more that could have been done with it, or rather not dropped on the cutting room floor. The DLC though, well I don't like to talk about it, makes me very, very angry.
Opinions, opinions... ;)

BS Infinite was imho just wrong or seriously flawed on so many levels, it's hard to call it any good. Best part of it was the art and music, the rest is pretty much an epic fail. And the worst thing about the game is that it gets worse and worse the longer you occupy your mind with it... :-

I liked Infinite more than the original two games. The addition of a storyline made up for the reduction in other areas of the game.

And, rapidly changing the subject, Civ V and Dishonored are both 75% off today. Recommending both (not that my recommendation will hold much weight after the first sentence...)

Civ V Complete 67% off, like $14.99 I think. Less politics, more Bismark being an ass though.

Dunno' if you meant change the subject for good(it's sort of a general-ish thread) if so, well oops.

I wouldn't say Bioshock 1 was missing a storyline, but the setting itself was the story. Which was a nice mix up. If Infinite had been moreso like 1, I think I would have have enjoyed it much more. Columbia seemed a cooler setting to me. All three are good games though, even 2(might be fanboyism).

I would still trust your recommendations though DB. You're a pretty cool person, bird, dragon, thing.. :)

I wouldn't say Bioshock 1 was missing a storyline, but the setting itself was the story. Which was a nice mix up. If Infinite had been moreso like 1, I think I would have have enjoyed it much more. Columbia seemed a cooler setting to me. All three are good games though, even 2(might be fanboyism).

The first was a good game, but the fact that the setting was the story meant that it got less interesting as it progressed, and you knew more, whereas in Infinite, the story kept your interest to the end. They were all excellent games though. I started Burial at Sea a few days ago but got stuck because of a combination of a game bug and my own screw-up, so I'm going to start again. (I could just go back to the start of the chapter, but I didn't really explore much in the opening chapter, so I'm short of cash). From what I've seen so far, they did a good job of combining the two sets of games, but I don't know how the story's going to work out yet (and don't want spoilers).

The bug...
In the first real chapter, there's an area that, once you leave, you can't get back to. The door won't open. It's confirmed as a bug, not deliberate design. Most people wouldn't especially WANT to go back, and there's a workround for those who do, you can use a certain plasmid to activate an elevator and go back that way. Unfortunately, the reason I need to go back is because I somehow missed picking up a certain plasmid...

Both world settings are amazing, and I also like the way that they tell you very little about who you are at the beginning of the game in 1 and Infinite. The only reason 2 is weaker is because you don't get the same voyage of discovery as the other two games.

Last edited:
Eh, shitty memory is fuzzy. Don't think I hit that glitch though. I can understand the thought of it getting more boring as you went on. Absolutely hated Arcadia, thought it was the most boring level.

Spoiler! Spoiler!

Nah, I did really enjoy Ep. 1 of Burial. But that's all I'll say. For now.

More on topic: Crusader Kings II, flash sale! $7.99! GO!

Top Bottom