What are your most expected RPGs of 2014/2015?

+

What are your most expected RPGs of 2014/2015?

• Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Divinity: Original Sin

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Lord of the Fallen

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Mass Effect (4)

• Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • Pillars of Eternity

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Wasteland 2

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Risen 3

• Other game

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters

luc0s

Forum veteran
Only The Witcher 3 and Kingdom Come, I don't care about the rest in the list.

Witcher 3, Divinity: Original Sin (since I haven't gotten it, yet), and Pillars of Eternity are my top 3. Throw in Torment: Tides of Numenera as my "other game."

1)The Witcher 3 (obviously XD)
2) Pillars of eternity (I love Baldur's Gate so i think that this game will not disappoint me!)
3) Divinity Original sin (I bought it a few days ago but I've played a few minutes so i put it in this list XD)
4) Dragon Age Inquisition (i hope Bioware has learned from its mistakes)
5) Kingdom Come: Delivarence
6) Mass effect 4

And in a not so shocking result, The Witcher 3 is WAY out in front!

:yes:

Last edited:
1. Something unexpected and new
I'm tired of playing "series". I have a hard time understanding people asking for a new Fallout, a new Torment, or already a Witcher 4... Something fresh, new, unexpected, ORIGINAL, not a licensed game (Witcher, Cyberpunk), a nostalgic's whim (PoE, Numenera) or a milked-to-death franchise (Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout). Hell, there are even games admitting they're copying other franchises (Lords of Fallen/Souls games)!!!
I have no choice but to play those kind of games nowadays, hence the following, bitter, list.

2. Pillars of Eternity
Why? Their Kickstarter campaign was great, I know where they're going. I hope they'll manage to show "classicism" can work and I'm curious of what adjustments they'll make to appeal to potential new audiences. I think this will be an interesting step for RPGs in general.

3. Dragon Age: Inquisition
The game looks, sounds and feels better than DA:O and DA2 in my opinion. DA:O was one of the games that rekindled my interest for gaming. The game reminds me of BG from time to time, and DA:A, which is still what I liked the most about the series so far. They could have abandon the franchise altogether after the DA2 debacle, instead they're making a game taking into account their previous mistakes, or at least the things I disliked in previous DAs.
Even if I'm not fond of the setting, I like the fact it's BioWare's.

4. The Witcher 3
Because I like the setting and CDPR always did a great job. However, the gameplay I saw looked underwhelming to me after the trailers (the latest was amazing but fan service was too important). I'm not really confident about the open world either. I expect innovations and haven't seen anything worthwhile in this department yet. Of course I already pre-ordered the game twice (digital and collector) since the beginning of June.
TW3 feels like TW1 to me. The problem is I liked TW2 better (even if I could admit that TW1 was objectively a better game and a better RPG). The game reminds me of the last books right now, in the way TW1 reminded me of the first ones.
I enjoyed TW2 more because CDPR emancipated from the Sapkowski material, added interesting choices, characters and changes to the lore.
Also, I'm not sure about the fighting mechanics. I didn't like the gameplay of TW1, I managed to accept TW2 gameplay and didn't find FCR2 worthwhile. So I guess they still have a lot to do for future games.

5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Some really interesting development choices. Former games directed by Dan Vavra (I only played Mafia 1 and 2) still look awesome to this day, graphics, cutscenes and animations wise. However the open world part felt forced and I was bored after 2 hours by the gameplay and how missions are designed.

6. Numenera

Not sure about this game. I disliked their campaign, it felt like they didn't know where they wanted to go. They even asked people what type of combat they want... So yeah the story surelly will be great but the game overall? Still no idea.

7. Bloodborne
I was really disappointed by Dark Souls 2. I think I'll never get again the feelings Dark Souls gave me. Still hoping... The game has a new setting and Miyazaki is in command, so I'm confident. Have to buy a PS4 though.

8. Black Desert
Yep, a corean MMO. Only because the environment trailers were amazing.

Last edited:
@Cheylus
If you're waiting for Pillars of Eternity and DA: Inquisition you might risk a look at Divinity: Original Sin as well which was just released. It could be right up your alley. ;)

You're completely right!
Unfortunately D:OS went completely under my radar for no reason, and after the GoG sales (bought Divinity 2, Divinity Dragon Commander), the Steam sales (bought MGRevengeance), DA:I, and TW3... I also have updated my rig in May.
I now have a hole of 1700€ in my wallet and no kidney or children left to sell. D:OS has to wait for a bit :)

You're completely right!
Unfortunately D:OS went completely under my radar for no reason, and after the GoG sales (bought Divinity 2, Divinity Dragon Commander), the Steam sales (bought MGRevengeance), DA:I, and TW3... I also have updated my rig in May.
I now have a hole of 1700€ in my wallet and no kidney or children left to sell. D:OS has to wait for a bit :)
Haha, I see. But it won't go anywhere and you will be able to pick it up anytime in the future. I can only recommend it as an old-school CRPG veteran... :cheers2:

Top Bottom