What (do you think) will be your GOTY 2023?

+
My BG3 had so many bugs I had to restart by the time I got to Act 3 on my first try. Minthara bugs, Dammon bugs, gear missing, quests broken or gapped out. Companions have dialogue about events that had happened already - or never happened.

4 major patches and 11 hotfix patches. So many, many bugs. Critical, serious, minor, amusing. Nice if you got lucky, but many people did not. Bugs alone put BG 3 in the 8.5-9 category for me. Plus the compressed mess that was Act 3 and the very weak ending.

Seeing that the majority of players have really enjoyed it and it's got very positive player reviews online and in Steam, I think it's fair to say overall, its and excellent game.

It's a pity that not everyone got the same experience, bit it was the same with CP77, it too needed many larger patches to get it working, lits of people couldn't enjoy it.

I'll go with Hogwarts Legacy and Cities Skylines 2.

Funny thing is, Hogwarts is probably THE game this year, even though Cities is gonna have more hours played.

Hogwarts just has that... magic?

I'm giving mine to Baldur's Gate 3...followed very closely by Wartales. It's kind of weird, since both games share a lot of mechanics, but they're different enough that I would never get tired of both at the same time. And I would get totally engrossed in both for irresponsible amounts of time.

I'm giving mine to Baldur's Gate 3...followed very closely by Wartales. It's kind of weird, since both games share a lot of mechanics, but they're different enough that I would never get tired of both at the same time. And I would get totally engrossed in both for irresponsible amounts of time.
I considered getting wartales too but skipped it for all the oter rpgs this year. Its that good then? GOTY good?

I already mentioned that I think it is Baldur's Gate 3 and I will have to stick to that simply because how momentous of a game it is, but I have to say after playing Alan Wake 2 that that game is an artistic masterpiece. Baldur's Gate still takes it as a game, but as an artistic achievement Alan Wake 2 gets it hands down.

Fwiw, voted Trepang2 through and through. The game is a gem. Labor of love is for R6S. This year they really unleashed on toxicuty, and in a successful way.

Phantom Liberty + 2.0

I'll give Baldur's Gate 3 another shot at some point, but I wasn't really feeling the 16 or so hours I put into it before I uninstalled it to clear up room on my computer for Phantom Liberty.

Yesterday I really started another run of CP2077, loving it so far, and not even PL installed the car works better the game runs smooth on my newer pc and I dig it even with my mangled right hand, had it broken two weeks ago so keyboard and mouse is a bit of a hassle.

So without doubt, Valheim, released in 2023 on xbox.
Little update :
2023 ended, even if I was a bit salty against Larian who postponed the release on Xbox, I can now say that after played almost exclusively Baldur's Gate 3 for pretty much a month, the game has totally eclipsed any other game I've ever played in 2023...
So yeah, my 2023 GOTY is Baldur's Gate 3 without the shadow of a doubt :giggle:
Could have been different if Iron Gate had released Ashland update before the end of the year. Fingers crossed it will be soon enough, something like mid january. It would be a good way to start the new gaming year^^

Top Bottom