Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say it ain't so. Please.

Robin Williams, dead at 63, in what appears to be suicide.

Marin County Coroner:

Wow... [speechless]

Hearing his struggle with depression makes Rorschach's quote cut even deeper.

"Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed, life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears."But doctor" He says, "I am Pagliacci."

Good night, sweet prince :(

Last edited:
Bummer about Robin Williams. Grew up watching RW movies like Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, Flubber etc. And Good Will Hunting is a brilliant movie. :/

And after a little research it seems DxRacer and AKRacing are the same firm. The latter is just the name the products are sold in Scandinavia.

EDIT:

The main problem with gaming chairs seem to be that the sitting positions are awfully low. Like 40cm or something when I'd need at least 50cm.

Screw them. I'll just get an Ikea Markus Swivel chair for half the price.. :p
Bought an IKEA Markus and recommend it for anyone looking for an affordable desktop/gaming chair. Absolutely love it, and it was on sale so it only cost me 150 eur.

It also comes with a 10 year warranty btw.

Bummer about Robin Williams. Grew up watching RW movies like Jumanji, Mrs Doubtfire, Flubber etc. And Good Will Hunting is a brilliant movie. :/

Bought an IKEA Markus and recommend it for anyone looking for an affordable desktop/gaming chair. Absolutely love it, and it was on sale so it only cost me 150 eur.

It also comes with a 10 year warranty btw.

Have the exact same chair

You know what? I think I'm becoming tired of gaming. I've tried booting up a couple of games today, but I don't stay for any longer than five minutes. I don't feel too good either, it's as if my emotions have taken a dive and I'm trying to fight going to sleep. I even tried to watch CDPR's latest TW3 trailer and I felt no enjoyment like everyone else. I feel like such a pathetic rambler at the moment, sorry if this is coming across as a "woe is me" moment but I just had to get this out somehow. I'm wondering if I should just give up gaming as I'm not getting any enjoyment from it anymore.

Owt can become tiresome and a change is as good as a rest, i'd do something else. Board game wi folks perhaps over tea and biscuits? Always nice to have a bit of friendly banter and competition with family. Monopoly, scrabble or what have you.

Personally when black dog is on me I just walk, pack a bag head off onto moors wi dog and let me body work while me mind sorts itself out.

Edit: Course there's another way to cure what ails you, stick on your best bib and tucker, splash some blue stratos on, go to the local dance hall and work out your frustrations in another way? We all need to ocassionally.

Last edited:
Owt can become tiresome and a change is as good as a rest, i'd do something else. Board game wi folks perhaps over tea and biscuits? Always nice to have a bit of friendly banter and competition with family. Monopoly, scrabble or what have you.

Personally when black dog is on me I just walk, pack a bag head off onto moors wi dog and let me body work while me mind sorts itself out.

Edit: Course there's another way to cure what ails you, stick on your best bib and tucker, splash some blue stratos on, go to the local dance hall and work out your frustrations in another way? We all need to ocassionally.

My parents are too busy arguing over shit and watching shitty soap operas to care about games. I don't think they understand how bad I actually am, and I'm terrible at explaining things. Dance halls? Most of them closed down over here long ago. The remaining ones have since become dens of drugs and drunkenness. It's dangerous at night over here these days to go out.

You know what? I think I'm becoming tired of gaming. I've tried booting up a couple of games today, but I don't stay for any longer than five minutes. I don't feel too good either, it's as if my emotions have taken a dive and I'm trying to fight going to sleep. I even tried to watch CDPR's latest TW3 trailer and I felt no enjoyment like everyone else. I feel like such a pathetic rambler at the moment, sorry if this is coming across as a "woe is me" moment but I just had to get this out somehow. I'm wondering if I should just give up gaming as I'm not getting any enjoyment from it anymore.
I know that feel...

Don't push yourself. We are entering in the last stretch of summer and our brain is never happy with what it get.... You're not boring of gaming, you are boring of being bored :p

@AL890

Maybe you play too many games, way too frequently. You have to diversify.

For instance, read a few good books. Some classic literature even. Or go to music events., whatever you like. Are there any concerts near your place? Rock, metal, industrial, classical, opera... whatever you prefer/have available.

You also need to talk to people of flesh and bone. Hang out. Or even go out for a walk in the woods or something, just by yourself.

Gaming is just like every other form of entertainment: too much of it is exhausting and makes it lose its goal, which is entertainment.

You can also start some kind of personal project. Crafts or something. Can you work or carve wood? Work metal? Paint? Write? Write/play music?

Lastly, you can always learn new things. There are tons of free courses online, for people in all levels of knowledge.

Games have to be taken in moderation.

@AL890

Maybe you play too many games, way too frequently. You have to diversify.

For instance, read a few good books. Some classic literature even. Or go to music events., whatever you like. Are there any concerts near your place? Rock, metal, industrial, classical, opera... whatever you prefer/have available.

You also need to talk to people of flesh and bone. Hang out. Or even go out for a walk in the woods or something, just by yourself.

Gaming is just like every other form of entertainment: too much of it is exhausting and makes it lose its goal, which is entertainment.

You can also start some kind of personal project. Crafts or something. Can you work or carve wood? Work metal? Paint? Write? Write/play music?

Lastly, you can always learn new things. There are tons of free courses online, for people in all levels of knowledge.

Games have to be taken in moderation.

It's just that there's nothing around where I live. Here's a map:
View attachment 5242
(My hometown is under the E by the way)

As you can see, my hometown is pretty far away from Belfast, which is where all the good stuff is. I live in the outskirts where there's nothing but run-down farms and a large industrial estate. As I've said before, I've been suffering from depression since I was about 14, so 11 years, and I take an anti- depressant tablet once a day in order to prevent myself from collapsing into tears and negativity. As for crafting and stuff like that, I'm useless with my hands, I didn't get too many of my Dad's genes unfortunately. I also am not in the mood for reading at the moment, I tried to read a chapter of Baptism Of Fire last night and I couldn't read anymore than a couple of pages before I gave up.

As for learning courses, stuff like that makes me feel like I'm back at school again, I've never recovered from being used as a guinea pig for our government's education "reforms" and the regular bullying I suffered from my fellow students who thought I wasn't "normal" for disliking the playground and being easily annoyed when the dicks in my year interrupted the teachers and distracted me from my work. I'm a wee bit bitter about that as you can tell.

Most things over here are expensive ( @Kudos will confirm that) and getting anywhere when you can't drive is a pain in the ass. I'm sorry if I'm coming across like an entitled little shit or a complaining prick, but that's just what it's like over here.

Attachments

• Northern-Ireland-map.jpg
    Northern-Ireland-map.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Just came back from my night job, having extreme headaches, getting out with no tips.:sad:
I'll respond to anything only tomorrow when i'll recover. good night fellows.

Might just be a case of the downs, I get that every so often. During that time I just try to sleep it off, works for me anyway. But age 15-19 year old me had the best cure-all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom