Weird installation problem.

+
Weird installation problem.

Hey,Got a problem here i'm hoping someone will be able to assist me with.A while back i ran into some trouble while installing the 1.2 patch. Something went wrong there, and the game would crash to desktop every time i tried to play it. So I did what any sensible computer jackass would do; I un-installed the game. However, when i tried installing it again, the following happened: A litt box popped up when the installation was at about 80% complete saying something like "Feature: LauncherComponent: ShortcutsFile:Error: No Access"So me, being a complete moron when it comes to computers assumed something was wrong with the disc, as i noticed a few scratches on it. A few nights ago, however, i went down to the store to pick up a fresh copy of the game. Now i try to install it, and i get the same bloody message! If anyone would be so kind as to lend me a hand here, i would greatly appreciate it!-BloodLoss

OS: Windows XP Home Edition - Service Pack 2Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+Memory: 2048MB RAMGPU: ATI RADEON X850 256mb-BloodLoss

X850 is a bit older but should still be able to handle The Witcher. Otherwise everything else looks alright. Have you run CCleaner and RegScrubXP through your system? Potentially run them through safe mode and see if the problem still occurs. If so, uninstall and then reinstall in safe mode and see if the problem still exists.

I've run both those programs, but unfortunately nothing changed. The install gets to about 80% and then i get the error message.-BloodLoss

Good news! I finally managed to install the game again! Apparently the reason it wouldn't install was because the 1.2 patch installer was still lying around somewhere... Weird...Anyways, the installation is now complete, but now there's another problem: The game crashes when i try to start it up.It says that the following file is included in the error: C:\DOCUME~1\BLOODL~1\LOKALE~1\Temp\6243_appcompat.txtAllso it mentions something about a msvcr80.dll file, if that means something to anyone.Anyone know what to do?-BloodLoss

Top Bottom