Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of critters though, another year with no orb spiders complete. Yay!

Spiders are the worst. I'm not generally afraid of spiders, but there's a kind that carries a sac on its back full of little baby spiders, and when you whack the mother, thousands of little baby spiders suddenly spawn. I use a mozzie-zapper on those nowadays.

Spiders are the worst. I'm not generally afraid of spiders, but there's a kind that carries a sac on its back full of little baby spiders, and when you whack the mother, thousands of little baby spiders suddenly spawn. I use a mozzie-zapper on those nowadays.

I am not even afraid to admit that I'm like a little girl when it comes to spiders. But those things sound awful.

Orb spiders were something I had not seen until I moved this side of Birmingham, they're beneficial as they eat a bunch of pests. But the ass on them always terrified me that and the huge fucking webs they build make you feel like Frodo in Return of the King. Last two summers I haven't seen them though, smarter people than me say the harsh winters have killed them off pretty bad.

Also, "mozzie-zapper" is that like one of those tennis racket looking zappers?

Also, "mozzie-zapper" is that like one of those tennis racket looking zappers?

Yup. They work great against spiders, and you can kill all of the offspring in a single shot before the sac bursts. Screw ecological correctness - if they're inside the house, they've lost the right to live.

That's what he always talks about though! I just though it was funny....

Do you not realise what you've done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom