Witcher-related mods in other games

+
This sounds really cool. I'll have to get into civilization now. Is it too late to start playing civ v? As in is it almost at the end of its cycle?

This sounds really cool. I'll have to get into civilization now. Is it too late to start playing civ v? As in is it almost at the end of its cycle?

It'll probably have a decent price during the winter sale, Dunno' how long it will be until Civ VI since their working on "Civ V in Space".

It'll probably have a decent price during the winter sale, Dunno' how long it will be until Civ VI since their working on "Civ V in Space".

I am actually kind of hyped over Civilization: Beyond Earth. I might get that instead.

35 cities per civilization, you said? Right. I'll look for names in short-stories, Saga, "Season of Storms", translations, Andrzej Sapkowski website, PnP rpg, games, mods, fan-fics, and you will finally receive it 30-40 cities per civilization during next two weeks.

Fantastic!! Thanks for the help, it'll really give the mod an extra punch! (And I'll totally give you a credit in the mod of course :p )

As for Brokilon, we'll have to figure out cities for them too, just to keep game play balanced. Like I said before too, city names can really be taken with a grain of salt when you get down to it. It's the taste of the civ that people want. Not too many people pick apart details like "what are the last 10 cities named". Not many people even ever get that far :p

Oh! and I forgot to mention, these civs will be playable outside of the "The Witcher" scenario. So it's possible to play Brokilon in a "normal" game against the Celts. That's why I'd prefer to use Witcher names rather than real world names that may already be associated with other civs.
Here's a list of city names in the gave by civilization (vanilla)
And Celtic names (because DLC)

About religions
Hmm, if you decided to use cults of Kreve, Melitele, Eternal Fire and Lebioda separately - maybe add some bonuses, if all four are exist in the city.
There are also cults of Baal-Zebuth and Huldra mentioned in the short-stories.

Religions don't really work together or have set beliefs. When you found a civ religion in V, you choose the name and then choose the pillars and effects. It never gets in to mythology or beliefs. Each religion gets 5 effects (except Byzantines get 6), and the effects are like "shrines produce culture as well as faith", or "get +1 faith per unforested tundra tile in a city radius".
Civ Pantheons & Beliefs

Basically this means that in one game, Melitele's religion could be based off of fertility rites (giving the civ +10% growth rate), but in the next game, Melitele could be goddess of Desert Folklore (+1 faith per desert tile). It's entirely up to the player.

HOWEVER, there will be Civilopedia entries for each one, and I would love to have great descriptions of everything used in those ^_^.

BTW, some idea: What about use not only "witcher" unit, but "Wolf witcher", "Cat witcher" itp?
Can definitely rename as many units as we want! Scouts could be cats and wolves could be warriors? :D.

I know that I wanted to make the Merchant of Venice unit a "Master Witcher" given the unit function and how it will be used in the game ("trade missions" can be "Heroic Contracts" or something). And I did want to also give them a unique unit (we were thinking of a stronger version of the Longswordsman) that is right now simply names "Witcher".

Hmm. It's possible to let dwarves build cities on mountains tiles?
I ... hmm. I don't think so. I'm not sure where to even code that in.... I could look for it, but it might also give them such a majorly unfair advantage that it wouldn't be worth it. As of right now, they've the only unit that can even enter a mountain tile (though they can't end a turn there without taking damage). Cities pretty much invalidate the movement cost of the tile they're founded on, which would be another massive advantage.
...and unless we also give the dwarves ability to make roads through mountains, those cities may potentially be cut off from everything. ... I also wonder if it would be unconquerable due to the fact that no other civ can enter a mountain tile?
While an awesome thought, I'm sure it would take far more troubleshooting than it's worth >.<

Last edited:
I ... hmm. I don't think so. I'm not sure where to even code that in.... I could look for it, but it might also give them such a majorly unfair advantage that it wouldn't be worth it. As of right now, they've the only unit that can even enter a mountain tile (though they can't end a turn there without taking damage). Cities pretty much invalidate the movement cost of the tile they're founded on, which would be another massive advantage.
...and unless we also give the dwarves ability to make roads through mountains, those cities may potentially be cut off from everything. ... I also wonder if it would be unconquerable due to the fact that no other civ can enter a mountain tile?
While an awesome thought, I'm sure it would take far more troubleshooting than it's worth >.<

I'm pretty sure it would make them unconquerable, even though it's a neat idea, as you wouldn't be able to enter the city.

That's the best time to buy it. They've fixed all of the bugs, and it's cheaper, and there's plenty of mods.

Last edited:
Well, I have Civ IV and I was content. This might actually make me buy Civ V finally.

P.S. Might wanna use this image of Eithne from TWBA for Brokilon:

Civ V is awful... or at least it was when it first came out. (I haven't played it in years.) Civ IV beats it in all ways except graphically.

Castles and keeps on Ard Skellig, could be useful:

Kaer Trolde
Kaer Nyssen
Kaer Gelen
Arinbjorn
Blandare
Dalvik
Fayrlund
Fornhala / Eornhala
Gedyneith
Rannvaig
Redgill
Rogne
Svorlog‎

This looks really awesome!

I worked on a Lord Of The Rings mod for Civilization V a few years ago, but sadly it never progressed past the conceptual phase of development. I wasn't good at coding and I hit a road-block when when trying to calculate the proper variety and density of luxury and strategic resources for a medium-sized map (it's not something that's difficult to figure out, it's just time consuming.)

I would love to contribute to this Witcher mod in some way. The only drawback is that my only knowledge of The Witcher universe is from the games (I haven't read the books.)
As for my credentials, I've put 230 hours into Civ V and, as already stated, I put quite a bit of work into conceptualizing a LOTR mod for Civ V including making an accurate map of Middle-Earth.

View attachment 10164
View attachment 10165
Map making is something I could contribute to this mod if you would like an accurate map of The Witcher universe. I also think it would be cool to make smaller maps based off each region (i.e. Temeria, Redania, Kaedwen, etc/) if other people wanted to get involved.

Making accurate maps in Civilization V is fairly easy. Just take the map you want to recreate in Civ V and overlay a grid onto it in Adobe Photoshop. Then decide how many tiles are in each section of the grid (this varies depending on whether you're making a small, medium, or large map) and recreate the grid in the Civilization V World Builder using snow tiles. Then go and recreate the map as accurately as possible one section of the grid at a time. This makes sure that your Civilization V map as accurate to the original as possible.

The hard part of map design is picking what terrain type each region should be, placing hills and forests, and placing luxury and strategic resources. You want to balance flavor/accuracy to the source material with gameplay balance. In order to do that you need lot's of information from the books and statistics about the density and variety of terrain types, features, and strategic and luxury resources in a typical map of Civilization V. That information isn't available anywhere, even on modding fan-sites, so I would need to gather it myself. But I would be willing to do that if you wanted to release maps based on The Witcher universe as part of your mod.
I also haven't read the books so I would need to be supplied with information about the Witcher universe (what the climate of each region is, who lived there, what they produced, etc.) or read the books myself.

Attachments

• Tolkien's Middle Earth.jpg
    Tolkien's Middle Earth.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 92
  • middle earth map.jpg
    middle earth map.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Someone should make a Witcher mod for Age of Wonders III, because that game is perfect for a the Witcher! The gameplay is literally like Civ V, except the main way of progressing your country is sending out heroes to kill monsters and clear dungeons.

Hi! I wanted to revive this thread, since it's mostly about the Civilization series.

Guess what, I'm the modder behind the new Witcher civs available for Civilization VI on the Steam workshop.
The project is going very very well, with positive reviews, and mod spotlight videos by PotatoMcWhiskey.

Part 1 is almost complete, 6/8 civilizations are published (Kaedwen, Temeria, Aedirn, Nilfgaard, Lyria & Rivia, Skellige), with Cintra and Redania on the way, plus a city state pack for the "Far Lands".
Part 2 will focus on the Witcher gamemode, the Northern War II scenario, possibly a map, and a bunch of other changes.
The Gamemode will replace Barbarians with two factions of Monsters and Elves, and introduce Witcher units and powerful Mages.

The "The World of The Witcher" collection of mods is available here

Hi! I wanted to revive this thread, since it's mostly about the Civilization series.

Guess what, I'm the modder behind the new Witcher civs available for Civilization VI on the Steam workshop.
The project is going very very well, with positive reviews, and mod spotlight videos by PotatoMcWhiskey.

Part 1 is almost complete, 6/8 civilizations are published (Kaedwen, Temeria, Aedirn, Nilfgaard, Lyria & Rivia, Skellige), with Cintra and Redania on the way, plus a city state pack for the "Far Lands".
Part 2 will focus on the Witcher gamemode, the Northern War II scenario, possibly a map, and a bunch of other changes.
The Gamemode will replace Barbarians with two factions of Monsters and Elves, and introduce Witcher units and powerful Mages.

The "The World of The Witcher" collection of mods is available here
Oh, I'm even subscribed to these mods, super done! I even praised and advised them on this forum once)
It's really a pity that this branch was abandoned, I've made a texture pack for the witcher in terraria
for_pack.png

Top Bottom