Is the witcher 3 or earlier witcher game series easy to play?

+

What do you mean with easy to play? Combat in the first game is rather easy, in the second it depends on what difficulty you play and also it can be quite challenging in the beginning. If you refer to other mechanics, the choice and consequences are hardly ever straight forward and the story is deep layered and rewarding. If you are looking for some mindless fun and ignore the story, you would be missing out on one of the best parts of the games. All in all I would say a hardcore game, which is rewarding because of that. But if you elaborate, I am sure we can help you more. :)

It is well worth playing.

The first Witcher is quite easy once you get used to the timed combat. The second game can result in you dying repeatedly in the Prologue. It rewards careful, tactical play and punishes attempts to think you are an armored car.

I think it will be more like the second game, with a premium on divide and conquer tactics and actively defending yourself.

"Do unto others... before they do you."
[Rose Hovick, mother of Gypsy Rose Lee and June Havoc]

Last edited:
I thought both were easy tbh. Played on HARD in TW2 and only died in boss fights or very special encounters. In TW1 there are encounters with big groups of enemies that can kill you fast.

Personally I hope TW3 will be more challenging.

There are difficulty settings in Both previous Witcher games.

Like the gentlemen here said, the combat in Witcher 1 is strange and rather unique, it has a combat system that is built on timing, yes, it is a strange combat system but once you get used to the timings of the attack styles and knowing which enemy is vulnerable to a particular attack style, you will be killing hundreds of goddamn drowners in no time :p

As for the Witcher 2, it has a more of a familiar combat system, where you attack, dodge, attack, repeat, use signs when necessary, etc ... However, even on Easy difficulty if you get hit, you lose quite a bit of health, it does not reward (like @Guy N'wah said) an armored car approach to the combat, you have to avoid hits like a Witcher with only leather jackets as a goddamn armor would, so you have to avoid most hits that come to you.

I hope you enjoy the series :)

Witcher 3 will be more like Witcher 2, but a lot more fluid and responsive, which is a big plus from me, personally :p

It depends on what you mean. Easy can mean two thing: how hard it is to beat a game or how easy it is to become invested in a game's world and want to play it all the way to the end.

I would say neither game is easy to want to play all the way to the end unless you're a fan of RPGs. For The Witcher 1 it's because the graphics are a little dated and the voice acting is very dry. For The Witcher 2 it's because the combat is difficult to learn. Both games have great stories that will grip you right from the beginning though.

If you're talking about difficulty then I would say both games are pretty easy to beat, but the second game will seem hard if you don't have the patience to learn the combat.

I introduced my wife to The Witcher; she's used to play Civilization, Theme Park, Sim City or Donkey Kong almost exclusively. With a little bit of help from me (especially for the Keyran) she managed to play the game easily.
For TW2, I saw her spam the attack button on Easy and Normal and finish the game. She did TW1 afterwards and got used to it very quickly. From what I've seen, TW3 shouldn't be harder than TW2.

The first Witcher is quite easy once you get used to the timed combat. The second game can result in you dying repeatedly in the Prologue. It rewards careful, tactical play and punishes attempts to think you are an armored car.

I think it will be more like the second game, with a premium on divide and conquer tactics and actively defending yourself.

"Do unto others... before they do you."
[Rose Hovick, mother of Gypsy Rose Lee and June Havoc]

Sounds like Demon Souls, if ya just try to hacknslash your way the game your going to die an awful lot. Game Over, sounds great.

1 was relatively easy. 2 introduced some GTE's that I wasn't thrilled about ( could have done without the Kraken :D ) Thye changed the method of Fist fighting in 2, which I wasn't happy with as it is a GTE. The Dice Poker is the same and I think the arm wrestling was added as I don't recall that in one, but may have been there. As good as the graphics were in 1 ( and they were good ), 2 surpassed it. Both are good games and worth playing.

if you have to ask, it's too hard for you.

it's funny, normally these kinds of questions would be asked about honors courses, but nowadays people think entertainment is too difficult.

Top Bottom