Things you like about the Witcher 3?

+
Things you like about the Witcher 3?

Let's get a thread about what things you like in the Witcher 3? Why is this the crowning achievement in the RPG genre? What aspect are you looking forward to the most?

I'll start:
- Cinematic Story Telling
- Action RPG Combat that is Fluid and Responsive
- Atmosphere (Music, Ambience, Environment and level design, creatures etc)
- NPC design quality
- Boat Riding & Underwater Exploration

Given that the 35 min trailer was the one that sold me on this game, I am really looking forward to the cinematic story telling in this game. The camera angles, the voice acting, the background music, the lighting, the characters, all combine to make it a rich experience. The amazing atmosphere outdoors with the wind flowing, trees swaying, wild life movement, dynamic ambient music, all will make the exploration a lot of fun and immersive.

It's still a bit early for this thread, at least by my watch, It's more like 'What do you think you'll like about The Witcher 3?'
People here love hating on things even when they haven't played the game. So I'm sure people can like things too without playing the game. I think this thread will get low number of replies, because it's easier to hate than appreciate.

My top favorite thing is probably the super realistic open world. I really love open world games, and have always loved Witcher....so when I found out this was open world, I almost died...but then had to stop myself because that would mean I couldn't play this

I should also add that I love the quest design philosophy the devs have. All handcrafted quests, which no repetitive quests. The side quests blend in the main quests, and there are always interesting ones that you can naturally find as you explore the huge open world.

The one thing that I've noticed is how much I enjoy the music. Normally I don't really pay attention to the music except for the occasional song, but all the music I've heard so far has really stuck out to me.

People here love hating on things even when they haven't played the game. So I'm sure people can like things too without playing the game. I think this thread will get low number of replies, because it's easier to hate than appreciate.

You're quite right, it is often easier to disparage than to praise, therefore, I hope we see more positive responses to this thread.
For myself, I find this a delightfully charming little detail:

The peasant girl has hiccoughs!

Attachments

• Hic! Hic!.jpg
    Hic! Hic!.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 99
there was a thread about this posted during what i'm going to call the downgradegate of the witcher 3 months ago. i can't find it now. but it was full of much needed positivity at the time. now, i feel like it's just about the excitement to the lead up of the release of the game. i suppose that's okay, given how many threads there are about negative things. but yeah, letting you know there's already a thread (or more even) about what people like about tw3.

as for what i like, i like all of it. my only complain is that Ciri has high heeled boots, and if that's all i have to cringe about tbh i think this is going to be the crown of RPGs for years and years to come.

- I like how every NPC is busy doing something. Feels lively!
- I also like the conversations that I can overhear while passing NPCs. They usually have something interesting to say!

my only complain is that Ciri has high heeled boots, and if that's all i have to cringe about tbh i think this is going to be the crown of RPGs for years and years to come.

> Thread about liking things about Witcher 3
> Complains

Last edited:
The quality of the plot, script, and dialogue. Assuming this at least meets the quality of "The Witcher 2," then this game is just leaps and bounds ahead of any other game out there in this area. In terms of other RPG's, I can't even think of a game I would give the 2nd place award to. In my opinion, and from what I've seen, no other RPG is even close in this area.

I did play "The Last of Us" recently. And the story, dialogue, etc was extremely impressive imo. Although that's a very linear story that you can't influence.

What I'm probably most excited about "Witcher 3" though, is it sounds like this game might be doing some innovative things with quests, in terms of how your choices and even the order in which you complete quests can influence and change future quests.

But yeah, this is what I tell people when they start comparing the Witcher to other RPG's like Skyrim or Dragon Age. That the quality of the story, dialogue, etc is just unbelievable. So much better.

Last edited:
it's all about how everything feels real. without this, the witcher would be just another dragon age or oblivion fantasy cliche

consistent internal logic, a great task of designers. the player wonders, rather than questions.

You're quite right, it is often easier to disparage than to praise, therefore, I hope we see more positive responses to this thread.
For myself, I find this a delightfully charming little detail:

The peasant girl has hiccoughs!

It's compressed as hell and you can see it's one of most beautiful game ever made. The first I know I like about the game is how awesome it looks even if I don't know if we re going to reach the SOD trailer quality. I just don't care. No open world I know reach that. People are crying for downgrade sometimes but no matter the setting we see it's gorgeous. 35 min? Astonishing. Pax video that started a downgrade scandal? Amazing. Hands on? Gorgeous? GDC? There is no word to describe how it looks. 15 first minute of the game on IGN? How not to love it...

I didn't play the game yet but I played enough game in my life to know good gameplay mechanics when I see some. And The Witcher 3 definitly have good combats at least on its basics mechanics we still have to see the balancing and stuff. But the way it's build it's awesome. I am in LOVE with white Orchad too. That's all I know for now and it's a lot for a game not released yet.

But I know what I do not like. People disrespecting a studio that have proven to be respectul and that didn't f**** us yet. No other studio deserves to have the benefice of the doubt until the end. Those people don't realise what kind of pressure CDPR is under right now.They have a deal with one of the most powerful business firm ever. We know that kind of agreement bring confidential contracts and specifics communications conditions. But despite that people don't wait for the game to call them liers. Once the game is out call them liers if you want but not before. I think they earned that obvious right.

What I think I am going to like? EVERY Fu***** THING :)

Last edited:
I think what sets this game apart is the ambition that appears to be bleeding from every facet of the game.

Even someone that has followed the game closely from the day it was announced, I'm still surprised by something everytime new details leak out about the game. I genuinely cannot remember the last time we had a AAA sequel that set out to improve and add on to its predecessors the way that TW3 is attempting to. The only thing that comes close are the end of gen GTA games and it takes over a thousand developers and a blockbuster movie sized budget to accomplish that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom