Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good...I was waiting for contagious games for years.

So far, it seems to infect almost everyone who comes in slightest contact with it. At present, the symptoms include: excitement, anxiety, hyperbolic outbursts, short-temper, depression over grass, bad jokes, distorted perception of time passing slowly, and loss of sleep. Who knows what the full-blown symptoms may be!

Last edited:
depression over grass
I don't know... I trust him... He seems to be busy with cutting grass.

Back off topic, this may be the City of Swallows, but we have a hummingbird that has taken over our entryway.

She's sitting on two eggs, leaving them to dive bomb passersby.

There're a few that live near my house, too. They're fascinating, but surprisingly fierce, little things. Here's one of ours:
Mean, isn't he?

Attachments

• 142-4221_IMG.JPG
    142-4221_IMG.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
When translated to Latin my name is Aureus...:D

Coincidence?

---------- Updated at 05:56 PM ----------

These are from 1994, from a period forever known in our household as "The Laundry-Free Month". Sunbirds though, not hummingbirds.

We had some finches, a while back, that took to nesting in the pair of ornamental yews, at the outer entrance to our carport: so, for a time, whenever we stepped out to the car, there was a wild flutter of wings, and mad chirping.

We had some finches, a while back, that took to nesting in the pair of ornamental yews, at the outer entrance to our carport: so, for a time, whenever we stepped out to the car, there was a wild flutter of wings, and mad chirping.

I've got some munias just above the carport now, doing the same. Drives the cats crazy.

This tells you where those sunbirds were relative to the apartment...
View attachment 12718

Attachments

• SCAN-19940006.jpg
    SCAN-19940006.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 59
I've got some munias just above the carport now, doing the same. Drives the cats crazy.

This tells you where those sunbirds were relative to the apartment...
I live in the wrong climate for sunbirds, or munias, so I don't know much about them, but it must have been jolly interesting to watch them so closely.

The sunbirds were hilarious. Where I am now, there don't seem to be many birds around. Sparrows, munias, starlings, that's about it. For some reason there are no BIG birds, not even pigeons. I think people must eat them.

Oh, and there's lots of chickens, but they don't count.

The sunbirds were hilarious. Where I am now, there don't seem to be many birds around. Sparrows, munias, starlings, that's about it. For some reason there are no BIG birds, not even pigeons. I think people must eat them.

Oh, and there's lots of chickens, but they don't count.

Ay, chickens never really count! Although, around here, wild turkeys have taken to roaming the neighbourhoods in gangs, as of late. Other than that, mostly crows, sparrows, starlings, and woodpeckers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom