Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any specific things you'd like to know about Roche's path? One thing I found a bit disappointing is that he doesn't play a big role for the most of it (compared how Iorveth is in Vergen). But as I said, well worth it in the end of chapter 2/the entirety of ch3. Watch a youtube video if you don't have the time to play, perhaps?

Hm. I think I am already spoiled pretty much, so story details aren't that important for me. The biggest quesion maybe is how much the stuff you do for/with Roche is connected with Vergen, Saskia and Iorveth. Do you get what they are doing, do you come to Vergen or something?
Oh, and what is Triss doing, is she there? :D

Thought already about youtube videos. Will be a thing so consider if I really am not playing that path. Don't like Lets Plays for such games though. I want to choose the dialog options and I want to choose wich quest I am doing at wich time, so that could be a problem :D

Hm. I think I am already spoiled pretty much, so story details aren't that important for me. The biggest quesion maybe is how much the stuff you do for/with Roche is connected with Vergen, Saskia and Iorveth. Do you get what they are doing, do you come to Vergen or something?

Thought already about youtube videos. Will be a thing so consider if I really am not playing that path. Don't like Lets Plays for such games though. I want to choose the dialog options and I want to choose wich quest I am doing at wich time, so that could be a problem :D

You don't miss details... You miss adventures ;)

I think it's the too-realistic look. The Witcher aims for realism, but it's still very stylized, in sort of a balanced way that's going to allow the games to age well. Platige Image did an excellent job understanding this. The new trailer, not made by Platige, dips into the realism a bit too much in a few occasions, I think that's what makes it look 'off'.

Interesting. I hadn't considered that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll keep it in mind, when watching it again, in awhile, and try to pinpoint the what aspects are disaffecting me.

Okay, I see, it is too much ontopic in this topic to talk about The Witcher at all, but should I side with Yaevinn or Siegfried?
Just a short answer, I am not quite sure.

And I see time is getting short for me finishing TW1 and 2 :-

Ohhh, I get it! AND I CAN ANSWER IT. BEHOLD.

You spend most of the time in/around the military camp, and only visit Vergen near the end (kind of a mirror to how you briefly visit the camp on Iorveth's path).
You never find out the truth about Saskia. Also, in this path, she doesn't get poisoned. Pretty much all info you get is that she and Iorveth had locked themselves in the war room making plans... take this as you will. xP Vergen is easy to overthrow because Iorveth never realises how weak their army is, and never gets backup.

Near the end there's a small side-objective, you can go to the war council room and help Iorveth fight the army off. Here's the interesting part! If you didn't give him the sword in Ch1, he says something along the lines of "we'll never give up". If you gave him the sword, he's honest with you and admits the plan with Saskia/Vergen had failed and that he's completely hopeless. It's such a small thing, but I loved it.

I don't think Iorveth dies if you don't save him. IIRC his fate is not mentioned either way.

And there's that really stupid quest about the ~important~ spearhead being the one that hit Iorveth in the eye and it... broke... there... it's so silly and videogamey I like to pretend it never happened.

Triss' fate is more or less the same, I cannot recall if there are any significant differences.

I think that's all... four years and I still remember so much, I'm proud, lol.

Re: Yaevinn/Siegfried, I dislike them both... go neutral? Siegfried is a slightly 'nicer' option, to be honest.

Last edited:
Thanks for that answer, that explained a LOT to me. Sounds intersting though :D I should play it. Maybe in a few years.

I don't like Siegfried either, and the Scoia'tael are a bunch of murderers with bad ideals.
So it is possible to not side with anyone? But I don't miss gold for quests, you know? xD

what good are forum moderators if they can't even follow their own rules

what good are forum moderators if they can't even follow their own rules

Damn, did I post something off-topic in the off-topic thread? Let's go back to the regular cats 'n' beærs schedule, then.

(Yes, that's a real book.)

Weak. Sauce.

You're supposed to get irrationally angry at me for disrespecting your mighty e-peen and tell me to check my privilege/1stoffense/censor me outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom