Game keeps crashing at first Griffin cutscene attack. Can not continue to play. Please HELP !!! :(

+
Game keeps crashing at first Griffin cutscene attack. Can not continue to play. Please HELP !!! :(

Hello,

I bought the PC version of the game this morning and were able to play through the training level and the game just fine until you cross the bridge and the cutscene of the first griffin starts to play. I can see the griffin eating, then it goes up in the sky and comes down and then BOOM the game crashes back to the desktop. Why is it always crashing at this same point? I tried rebooting my PC and then reload the saved game, but it keeps crashing at the same point.

So I can not continue playing now. Please HELP!!!

Last edited:
I solved the problem by installing the latest AMD drivers from here
Now the cutscene plays through without a problem. Hopefully it will stay this way. :)

@spike4379, maybe this also helps to solve it for you.

I found the solution in this thread at point 0b : click here There are also two links there for Nvidia and some other hints and tips. Hope it helps you.

Last edited:
hmm might rollback my driver and see what happens

---------- Updated at 12:46 PM ----------

no change

---------- Updated at 01:41 PM ----------

my question is how did the beta testers not catch these ctd's? thats so amateur. now its happening for every cutscene, going into the witches portal and loading ciri. game will not progress farther

Last edited:
hmm might rollback my driver and see what happens

---------- Updated at 12:46 PM ----------

no change

---------- Updated at 01:41 PM ----------

my question is how did the beta testers not catch these ctd's? thats so amateur. now its happening for every cutscene, going into the witches portal and loading ciri. game will not progress farther

Its probably a local problem on your PC then I think. See if you can update any other drivers also.

Top Bottom