Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goood Melitele. I played it, for more than 4 hours long session, and I just only stopped for unbox my CE. I love it, it is majestic in every way. I don't really have power to write some details for now, but later... One more thing, one little thing, which makes the CE even more good, and personal which is:
It has lot of autographs!

Hope for you guys you'll get to play soon.

I mean, guess it's even worse for you. I knew I wouldn't play the game since I can't run it long ago, but for you it's just right beyond your reach ...

Kinda failed in my History exam, though, 10 out of 15 credits. But, who cares? :D

Yeah, that's still the case in grades 2-10. In 11th and 12th grade we have 0-15. I'm pretty sure it also depends on the federal state, though.

Same here for us, yes.

Someone got a CE for consoles? I had to order the Xbox One version, and hope it is not too much visible or too different, cause I would like the PC version more.

Any good reason why the changed that? And why only for 11th and 12th?

Because the education system here is somewhat messed up?
Don't have a clue, really. I think it's something about benefitting your results ... With the 0-15 system it's far more easier to achieve better credits. However, those who were never that good at school are screwed (You need 5 credits to pass an exam/test/whatever, which is 50%. Now imagine the other 50% being 5-15 credits, then you know why.)

Edit: With the 6-1 system you needed 60% for a 3, now you get 7 credits with 55%, which equals a 3. Even more so with 2: You needed 80%, to get 10 credits you have to fulfill 70%, and it equals 2.

Last edited:
Because the education system here is somewhat messed up?

Well, it is everywhere.

Don't have a clue, really. I think it's something about benefitting your results ... With the 0-15 system it's far more easier to achieve better credits.

But what is improved with giving better grades? It then seems you know more than you actually do. It's like the university system here in Spain where the level is getting every year worse so the % of passing students is greater and it seems like you're education is good.

But what is improved with giving better grades? It then seems you know more than you actually do. It's like the university system here in Spain where the level is getting every year worse so the % of passing students is greater and it seems like you're education is good.
There's no point in giving better grades, yeah.
But as it seems to be not that easy to get 13+ credits (can't tell it myself. I'm lucky, as I've really failed something getting 10 credits, just like today. I literally knew nothing ...), maybe they altered the demands. Teachers kept telling us 11th and 12th grade wouldn't be so easy, so I tend to believe there's something in it.

Teachers kept telling us 11th and 12th grade wouldn't be so easy, so I tend to believe there's something in it.

They always do. And in 11th and 12th they say university won't be so easy. And every year in university they say the same about the next year. And in the last one they say working won't be so easy. Don't know why they do that.

Edit: I'm now hearing to the last Pink Floyd CD (The Endless River) and I had the exact same feelings while hearing to it the first time as to when I watched the "Go Your Way" Trailer. Something ends, something begins.

Last edited:
Hairworks dips me to 30 quite often. Even bellow that in certain scenes. Totally not worth it for me. I actually prefer Geralt's hair with hairworks off.

Okay, thanks.
So sounds like you must have at least constant over 60 FPS to make Hairworks playable (without reducing other things).
I am not quite sure how much power I would need for my 3.440 x 1.440 monitor with Ultra and Hairworks <_<

Do I need a new sound system for TW3? :-

Ah, and I am hungry.
Well, with my headphone setup, wolfs howling in the distance sometimes sounds so real it's like the sound in actually coming from outside and not from your headphones. A prime example why I think investing on proper audio is worth it. Really adds to the immersion.

Hairworks dips me to 30 quite often. Even bellow that in certain scenes. Totally not worth it for me. I actually prefer Geralt's hair with hairworks off.
The default hair actually looks pretty good. But I still prefer having hairworks on. The hair just looks and behaves more naturally and reacts more to the environment (like how lighting affects it and when it gets wet)

But imo, animals and monsters look way better with hairworks. Especially wolfs and bears

http://international.download.nvidi...works-interactive-comparison-2-on-vs-off.html

The funny thing is though, I've noticed my fps drop to 40s at some moments if the camera is zoomed close to Geralt's head, since if you have hairworks on, it scales up the hair count (apparently anywhere between 30 000 to 115 00 individual hairs) depending on the distance of the object.

So if you don't have a Titan X or an SLI setup, better leave it off. It's still not worth the 10-20fps frame rate hit.

Okay, thanks.
I am not quite sure how much power I would need for my 3.440 x 1.440 monitor with Ultra and Hairworks <_<
Tried it. I'm going to wait until my next GPU upgrade before playing the game on my Dell. Even without hairworks, the game is too demanding on higher resolutions. Even with my SLI setup.

Last edited:
So, the moment has finally come...

For all the grayed furniture in the world, for all the allergic in the planet, I hereby decide to stand up and fight you, dust.

Now face me and taste my broom! Or be treated like a coward! I'm ready!

Yep, that's how I clean my room every time...

It seems the mods have made their way into the credits:

<3 CDPR
Congratulations, @Kinley, @Sardukhar, @GuyNwah , and the rest! That was good of them to acknowledge your contributions.

---------- Updated at 05:54 AM ----------

Crawls in, collapses in a heap on the floor, I need a drink, I finally killed a..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

A 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' ?! Good heavens! no wonder you're exhausted! Was it very fierce?

Well, with my headphone setup, wolfs howling in the distance sometimes sounds so real it's like the sound in actually coming from outside and not from your headphones. A prime example why I think investing on proper audio is worth it. Really adds to the immersion.

I don't want to use headphones, I need a surround sound system. Mine is pretty old and the subwoofer is broken, so I am not sure.
But it is money again, blargh.

Tried it. I'm going to wait until my next GPU upgrade before playing the game on my Dell. Even without hairworks, the game is too demanding on higher resolutions. Even with my SLI setup.

That sounds not so cool ._.
So not even something to try with a Titan X?

I thought I could somewhat be able to play the game with Hairworks on on that resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom