Game is way too easy!

+
Limiting yourself is not dumb imo. If one uses all the tools they can in a game to overcome challenges, then one can avoid those tools to increase the challenge.

I dont agree with you. Not being able to use axii upgrades (puppets) just because it makes me OP is not a good solution (specially for me that always used axii since W1 and love the signs builds).

Regarding researching builds, i didn't do that. Started a sign build, put some points in axii and igni until unlocked axii upgrade 2. Suddenly the games started to feel more and more easy (some quests still impose challenge and I still die in some parts). The point is that overall the game became less enjoyable, since the puppets just 1-hit-kill everything that passes near them.

For now, the best way is impose some challenges. Problem is that i have already changed my build 3 times (see original post)
Now i`m doing a swordsman build (as suggested by some folks). So far its good. But I miss my other builds. I love those skills and upgrades, just feel that they need a nerf (in a separate mode). Maybe CDPR will look into this, launch patch, or a dark mode or maybe they correct this in the enhanced edition. For now I`m liking the game despite combat balance.

I dont agree with you. Not being able to use axii upgrades (puppets) just because it makes me OP is not a good solution (specially for me that always used axii since W1 and love the signs builds).

Regarding researching builds, i didn't do that. Started a sign build, put some points in axii and igni until unlocked axii upgrade 2. Suddenly the games started to feel more and more easy (some quests still impose challenge and I still die in some parts). The point is that overall the game became less enjoyable, since the puppets just 1-hit-kill everything that passes near them.

For now, the best way is impose some challenges. Problem is that i have already changed my build 3 times (see original post)
Now i`m doing a swordsman build (as suggested by some folks). So far its good. But I miss my other builds. I love those skills and upgrades, just feel that they need a nerf (in a separate mode). Maybe CDPR will look into this, launch patch, or a dark mode or maybe they correct this in the enhanced edition. For now I`m liking the game despite combat balance.

You could buy a respec potion and get rid of Axii. Play the game how you want, but you can't convince me using an OP tool and stripping yourself of the challenge is anyone's fault but your own. Like I said in my other posts, if a player recklessly charged into battle and got himself killed, I would think it's dumb move by the player, not the game. Likewise, acquiring an OP power, using it, then feeling compelled to use it when it doesn't make you happy is pretty dumb imo.

Yeh its lazy, dying for not preparing is one thing, not preparing so you can have a probability of dying is another.

---------- Updated at 04:31 AM ----------

So having OPs things are the players fault now, not a bad design? Lol im done here.

Also, the guy mentioned he tryed 3 different builds. Are all OP now?

Meaning, dont UP them, dont craft swords... than why in the hell am i playing a RPG for, story alone?

So having OPs things are the players fault now, not a bad design? Lol im done here.
You seem to enjoy misconstruing my posts. Where did I having them was the players fault? Using them is the players fault.

Also, the guy mentioned he tryed 3 different builds. Are all OP now?
He also mentioned finding a good build for him as well.

Meaning, dont UP them, dont craft swords... than why in the hell am i playing a RPG for, story alone?
Well the story is rather nice imo.

Last edited:
Im not miscontructing anything. I want the game to be better for my experience. And I would also be willing to wait for it. From what i~ve seem from your posts (corret me if im wrong) you are only blaming players for the chalenge and not at once suggest a nerf/tweak from the devs;

Ye, story is VERY nice, but i wanted W3 to be the ultimate experience, and a solid combat would add to that.

I've not used the alchemy line, so someone else could suggest what should be done to balance it, but the Axii line is fairly easy to balance. First of all, its casting time should be a little longer, its range substantially shorter, and it should take more stamina to cast. More important, instead of it being primarily an offensive tool (the puppet attacks other enemies and is attacked itself), it should be a primarily defensive one. The puppet should do a lot less damage to enemies (perhaps 10% of regular damage, then 20%, then 40%) while it takes a lot less damage from its former friends. Perhaps to balance this out the effect could take longer. This makes some sense logically as well- the puppet would be trying its best to fight off your control, so it would try not to hurt its friends that much, and its friends aren't going to want to kill a comrade who's been bewitched.

This would still be powerful- it would lower the number of enemies by one for a while and increase the enemies targets by one as well, which would help keep their attention off of you- but since the puppet would rarely kill or be killed it would not be enough to win a fight.

Fire stream should probably use stamina even faster, and the enemies should actively run and try to fight off the flames instead of just standing their getting hit.

I think the active shield is surprisingly well balanced, given its nature, but I'd decrease the vitality it gives back on the higher difficulties a little bit. From my experience aard is probably underpowered, and the trap is fairly situational. The fighting traits, from what I've seen, are probably the most well balanced.

There have been several studies indicating that people who intentionally handicap themselves from tools and options they could be using decreases their enjoyment of whatever it is they are doing (if I recall correctly, none of the studies themselves were about video games, but the same rule should apply). This factor isn't as potent (and in some cases does not exist at all) if it is what the person actively wants to do, but in this case none of the players involved want to forgo these powers, they feel forced to by poor balancing. Asking the player to not use all the tools at their disposal is asking them to decrease their enjoyment of the game, and is a poor option.

Well, guess that just as most of the games nowadays, balance comes a while later.

Will just have to do more than one playthrough.

Not to bash you Op but.... these "Its too easy" threads are laughable. RED gives you a game, a huge game to play in. RED gives you things to use in that game. RED gives you differing difficulties in that game. WHAT...is the problem? Other than it being YOU.

let me give an example of the kind of people that make these threads.......

A person is in a steel room, 70 feet by 70 feet. Against the very far wall in front of them is a 10 by 10 foot clear Polycarbonite box with a hungry 1800 pound Kodiak bear inside. There is a quick access door that you have to walk up to that will release the bear right in front of you.

In front of you is a table. On it are a sharpened butter knife, a hunting knife, A high calibre rifle. Beside the table sits anti tank gun, a Tank sits beside that, and on a small table, a single red switch that drops the bottom out from under the cage floor the bear resides in.

Now, its totally up to you how easy this is. The same thing with the game. Get it?

Not to bash you Op but.... these "Its too easy" threads are laughable. RED gives you a game, a huge game to play in. RED gives you things to use in that game. RED gives you differing difficulties in that game. WHAT...is the problem? Other than it being YOU.

A person is in a steel room, 70 feet by 70 feet. Against the very far wall in front of them is a 10 by 10 foot clear Polycarbonite box with a hungry 1800 pound Kodiak bear inside. There is a quick access door that you have to walk up to that will release the bear right in front of you.

In front of you is a table. On it are a sharpened butter knife, a hunting knife, A high calibre rifle. Beside the table sits anti tank gun, a Tank sits beside that, and on a small table, a single red switch that drops the bottom out from under the cage floor the bear resides in.

Now, its totally up to you how easy this is. The same thing with the game. Get it?

This is a truly foolish comparison. We play games for fun. Part of the enjoyment is being challenged. One does not fight a bear for fun- one fights for survival. You may think the difference is academic and that people should 'see beyond that which is dissimilar', but it is such an essential distinction that the two things are completely and utterly different.

And it is in no way laughable. RED did not give him or any of us a game- we paid for it. I actually like the developers and their practices quite a lot, but that does not mean they don't need to balance their game. It becomes too easy at a certain point. If they can fix it, they should. Simple as that.

Ok, so say if i start thinking its too easy even using only swords, whats next? Bare hands? Not the right aproach IMO. And seeing from threads spread all around a lot of foruns, its not a 0,01% of people bitching, but quite a lot.

There is no way someone is on death march difficulty and using only swords.

OP what difficulty are you playing on? Are you playing on death march and you are claiming its still too easy?

Last edited:
There is no way someone is on death march difficulty and using only swords.

OP what difficulty are you playing on? Are you playing on death march and you are claiming its still too easy?

he's saying it's too easy, but being a swordsman makes it too hard again, so he's going to stay in limbo and pretend like the devs didn't already offer him a way to make the game more challenging.

Noobs saying people should make the game hard, not the Devs....

Lol. Just plz, if you are fine with the setting the game has, play on them and leave people who want a better experience alone. We are not asking CDK to remove your normal settings...

Hi man. Maybe the title of the post is what`s making people raging here. Otherwise I dont understand.

I wrote the title that way because it`s easy to everyone that feels the same thing find the post easily ("game + too + easy" are the first keywords that come to my mind when i research some forum for a game thats not well balanced and becoming easy).

So, is there a way to change the post title? I Would gladly do that in exchange for not having to read people raging here just because they found the game perfectly balanced. The objective of this post is gather more people that also feel that the game balance is broken, not discuss one another.

Plus: I bought the game (RED didn't gave it to me). It`s no doubt a very good and huge game (in fact, the best that I've played in many many years).
However the difficulty balance is kinda broken after a while. Given that CDPR is known for hear their fans, why not ask for a difficulty balance in a future separated mode?

I dont agree with your comparison.

I just want to use the signs and alchemy tree without breaking the challenge.

Currently i`m using a swordplay build. It`s fairly equilibrated for now. But I miss puppets or using more concotions etc… So, i`m breaking my experience just to not break the game. Cool, isn’t it?

Whats wrong with the fact that I want battles that last 2-3 min, that I have to dodge enemies constantly, plan what sign/potion I want to use (I want to have all of them at my disposal) and even die sometimes because I`ve made some mistake?

Why should I never use axii puppets if its a fun skill (just not well balanced)?

Think about that...

I think the game is only easy when you got a high enough lvl compared to whatever you are fighting

and if thats still to easy for you then just crank it up to maximum.

I think that a lot of gamers are having trouble with the current balance of the game. A new difficulty (increase enemy HP and ATK or make axii consume all your stamina when casted or lowering the chance of burning of with Igni, etc etc etc) would be very welcome. It would not consume a lot of time from the developers, people that are enjoying the game the way it is would not be affected and people that are finding the combat progressively less fun would appreciate (there are a lot of posts in this forum about early OP builds/skills, though I haven't tested them because what I really like are signs and alchemy.
I don't want to go into great detail here, but I think you're flat out wrong with your assumption that changing or fine-tuning the balance of the game would not consume a lot of time from the developers. That's what most of the people seem to think when making suggestions like this (and all suggest a different "small" thing to be changed). But when we consider the game balance as a whole there are just so many factors that come into play: The XP curve, the XP gain from quests / monsters, the stats of Geralt and all the monsters at different levels, the effects of the signs, equipment stats and so on, and let's not even begin talking about the AI. And just implementing a simple change as increasing the HP of all creatures by a certain factor would probably just make the fights more tedious, but not more interesting or challenging. Actually, that's what the higher difficulties already do more or less.

So, coming up with a new difficulty that addresses most of the problems people seem to have who find the game too easy even at Death March is quite the task, if you asked me. Just sayin ... :)

Top Bottom