I CAN'T RUN THE GAME ANYMORE! BLACK SCREEN FLASH without message (from GOG and bin icon)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I CAN'T RUN THE GAME ANYMORE! BLACK SCREEN FLASH without message (from GOG and bin icon)

Hi guys and girls

First of all excuse my english I'm a not native speaker.

I've been playing since the game's launching date without any issue, but yesterday when I tried to start from GOG the game crashes and nothing happens (only happens a few moments of black screen and the icon appears suddenly in the taskbar but then it returns to the desktop and the GOG window and stay closed) I CAN'T RUN THE GAME.

I've tried all the things that GOG says in the support thread and many more things said in different forums but nothing. Even I've tried to reinstall the game and I'm in the same point, also I removed from the computer the Nvidia Experience. The most strange thing is that I've been playing before!

I also want to ask one thing: someone can tell me how can I start the game in borderless/fullscreen mode from GOG and without enter in the game?

Thanks a lot, I'm bit worried.

try removing The Witcher 3 folder under your documents.
just cut and paste the entire folder out to your desktop.
DONT delete it!! it contains your settings and save games.
this "should" force the game to recreate all default values and save files. which will hopefully get it running again.
if that works. copy back your "gamesaves" folder and just reset your graphics options in game etc

Thanx KiriSilvemane

I'm going to try this, then I'll tell you if it works because I know there are many users with the same problem.

try removing The Witcher 3 folder under your documents.
just cut and paste the entire folder out to your desktop.
DONT delete it!! it contains your settings and save games.
this "should" force the game to recreate all default values and save files. which will hopefully get it running again.
if that works. copy back your "gamesaves" folder and just reset your graphics options in game etc

Bad news, no works for me :(

I don't know what more I could do.

Thanx for your answer.

do you use any of the SweetFX and other graphic mods? they are known to cause issues with the latest DLC.
also you might try disabling the latest DLC within GOG.

Yes, I've tried to disable the armour and crossbows DLC in GOG.

I don't know what its SweetFX or how to disable it.

Thanx for your help

@ Dog_Diamond: I am sorry that i could not help you. Maybe you just wait for the next patch? Must be a smaller problem, because before you could play. Hopefully it will fix it. You could also try the tech support from CD Projekt Red: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ they are friendly and helpfull.
@ TobiBeer: seems to be another issue as this thread is about a problem when the game does not at all launch.

Last edited:
@ Dog_Diamond: I am sorry that i could not help you. Maybe you just wait for the next patch? Must be a smaller problem, because before you could play. Hopefully it will fix it. You could also try the tech support from CD Projekt Red: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/ they are friendly and helpfull.
@ TobiBeer: seems to be another issue as this thread is about a problem when the game does not at all launch.

Thank You, I think that the only thing that I could do is wait for a new patch as you say, I hope the new version fix all that issues. I'll try to ask directly to the suport writting to the adress that you give.

@dog.
This is a long shot, but:
Create a new admin user profile and try running the game from there.
This will do a few things: ignore your settings, ignore any odd control panel tweaks you might have and various other loaded bits and bobs.
It's a 5 minute test but I have known it work and flags up its something being run or set rather than a game install issue.
You can't lose anything by giving it a try.

@dog.
This is a long shot, but:
Create a new admin user profile and try running the game from there.
This will do a few things: ignore your settings, ignore any odd control panel tweaks you might have and various other loaded bits and bobs.
It's a 5 minute test but I have known it work and flags up its something being run or set rather than a game install issue.
You can't lose anything by giving it a try.

Thank you again, Kiri, but still not working with the new admin user profile.

WHAT A FU*$#&G NIGHTMARE!

Damn., that really sucks!
Sounds like it's gotta be game install or something odd in windows/ programs then.
You could try removing the last patch and rolling back to 1.03.
It is possible to do.
Manually download each patch from GOG website.
Uninstall the game.
Reinstall and then disconnect your internet/ block GOG via firewall.
Install patches.
Test

Your right - I was more reffering to the fact, that these issues occurred since yesterdays hotfix and dlc update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom