[BUG] in main quest Family Matters

+
[BUG] in main quest Family Matters

After the patch 1.07, I have encountered quite an important bug. On the MAIN quest, "Family Matters" I cannot interact with the "red" items in the mother's room. I can interact with the doll in the daughters room. When I activate witcher senses no looking glass shows on the red items in the mothers room while it did on the doll in the daughter's room.
This quest keeps me from finishing the game.

I found the same bug after installing patch 1.07. I rolled back to version 1.06 and was able to interact with the objects in Anna's room again. Definitely seems to be an issue caused by 1.07.

I found the same bug after installing patch 1.07. I rolled back to version 1.06 and was able to interact with the objects in Anna's room again. Definitely seems to be an issue caused by 1.07.

I have the same bug as the OP, rolling back did not help and I was on 1.06 when the bug was first encountered by me. I made a post in the bug reporting thread already:

Quest Family Matters
Patch 1.07
Main Quest Progress Block

This quest is still broken as of patch 1.07 I am at the part where I am supposed to search the baron's bedroom for clues and only 3 clues are showing up red using my Witcher sense. I can "Examine" them but none result in Geralt saying anything or advancing the quest. Any ideas?

I've added a video link here and also uploaded my actual save file here

I don't think you can roll back the patch with the Steam version of the game. As I saId above though, rolling back did not work for me. You can try an older save and that may work for you.

Does it add the objective "tell the baron what you learned" or whatever when you finish the Tamara line?

For me it will complete either way - I can look at all the stuff in Annas room and then talk to the baron, or look at all the stuff in Tamaras room -> basement and then talk to the baron, or do both and then talk to the baron.

Either way, once the objective "talk tot he baron" has come up, talking to him will advance the quest.

Top Bottom