Ithlinne's Prophecy Discussion-Interpretation [spoilers]

+
could also explain how Ciri defeated the White Frost...

Ciri defeated The White Frost using her "sword"... Makes sense, right?! :disgust:

oh, and btw, Ciri will only become Empress if she marry Morvan Vorheese... future Nilfgardian Emprerror mentioned in books few times. (btw, he even mentions to you if you ask him about situation in Nilfgard in front of LaVallete house in Novigrad)

I know, I never liked Morvran Voorhis tbh.

Ciri defeated The White Frost using her "sword"... Makes sense, right?! :disgust:

I know, I never liked Morvran Voorhis tbh.

not really. Ciri has incredible powers, her mother almost destroyed a castle when she was in pain, Ciri learned how to control it, how to transfer it (at least Avalla'ch was teaching her) she could do what no other mage could... not even Alvin.. what many dont know, only women could carry Elder blood gene... men with elder blood had just activator, while Elder Blood gene usually dissapeared in male offsprings. so Alvin was never the chosen one.. Ciri always was...

Falka was not a prophet. She was just a crazy woman who wanted the world to burn..

Last edited:
This is not my interpretation, but I found this one interesting.

Ithlinne's Prophecy

Verily I say unto you, the era of the sword and axe is nigh, the era of the wolf's blizzard. The Time of the White Chill and the White Light is nigh, the Time of Madness and the Time of Contempt: Tedd Deireádh, the Time of End. The world will die amidst frost and be reborn with the new sun. It will be reborn of Elder Blood, of Hen Ichaer, of the seed that has been sown. A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame.

Interpretation:

The new sun = The Nilfgaardian Empire.

A seed which will not sprout but burst into flame = Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon - The White Flame Dancing On The Graves Of Her Foes.

---------- Updated at 07:01 PM ----------

I think that means that Ciri becoming the Empress is the best possible ending to the game, hence why our friends are there along with our romance option.

But I still don't get how elves who lived hundreds of years ago could now about a nilfgaardian empire etc.? I think "new sun" / "flame" is just a metaphor for "a thing"/"a person" who is able to defeat the white frost (resp. find a solution for this problem). Because: What's the best weapon against frost and coldness? Right, fire! ^^

In the books it is also statet that elves are going to leave this world, so somehow they must have found a way to open the portal. Maybe it was Ciri, maybe her child or grandchild?

thats how prophets work... they prophet something that will happen in the future... they dont know details, they know just little fragments and it is up to people what they will take from it.. most of the time you cannot link those fragments together unless you experience something... look at Crones and their prophecy about Geralt running through the mist to find Ciri, just to find her dead... it happened, yet it ended up differently...

Top Bottom