[DLC 15] New Finisher Animations (Video)

+
New Finishers (video)

Hey guys! I made a video showing off the new alternative finishers that came out yesterday. I can't leave a link since I just registered, so add this after the www. and let me know what you think!

youtube.com/watch?v=LWprPAe--mg

When you disable auto-finishers, you'll get a prompt (like "Press X" any time you'll get a chance to do a finisher manually.
Frankly, after trying that for a bit, I see no sensible reason to disable the automated version.
It's not like an additional button prompt adds much to your immersion nor to your tactical options, and if anything it can even break the flow of the combat a bit.

I'm on PC with keyboard & mouse and I didn't get a prompt. I deactivated auto finishers and went on a killing spree, from Novigrad to Crow's Perch! No prompt, nothing. :(

I'm on PC with keyboard & mouse and I didn't get a prompt. I deactivated auto finishers and went on a killing spree, from Novigrad to Crow's Perch! No prompt, nothing. :(
When turned off - the finishers had to be activated manually by pressing attack button (mouse 1) once Geralt strikes opponent's health to zero by injuring his neck. The opponent then enters this "animation" where he holds his neck as if it is bleeding - that's when you have to press attack button again to trigger finishing move animation. If you won't do anything, the guy will just drop dead anyway.

I personally allways make it manual by turning auto-finishers off. It lets me decide how I want to kill my enemy and if I want to spend my adrenaline point on finisher or not.

Last edited:
What happens at 1 mn in the video ? Seems like the entire character model is being replaced.

I don't like the way all the enemies that are cut from behind suddenly change their skin into a generic skin . It's obvious that is a replacement of the bodies. This is a lazy work. Until now everything was perfect and CDProjekt red has always been very attentive to details , but suddenly begin to do things the wrong way . Lazy job. Common, CDProjekt, you can do better.

Last edited:
but suddenly begin to do things the wrong way . Lazy job. Common, CDProjekt, you can do better.
What are you even talking about? Have you even watched the video that I posted? You can see how much attention to detail was put in these new finisher animations from CDPR - whether it's a hand that gets cut, dismembered legs or a kill from behind after the dodge. Seriously you can even see that bodies and wounds are done on the exact spot where Geralt's sword touches it! There's only ONE error so far - the one where NPCs upper torso changes to red color - boohoo such a big deal when you consider how much work was put in those overall.

Just because you found a little glitch with a pop-ing texture and then say that CDPR became lazy is just not right...

What are you even talking about? Have you even watched the video that I posted? You can see how much attention to detail was put in these new finisher animations from CDPR - whether it's a hand that gets cut, dismembered legs or a kill from behind after the dodge. Seriously you can even see that bodies and wounds are done on the exact spot where Geralt's sword touches it! There's only ONE error so far - the one where NPCs upper torso changes to red color - boohoo such a big deal when you consider how much work was put in those overall.

Just because you found a little glitch (???) with a pop-ing texture and then say that CDPR became lazy is just not right...

That's exactly the point! There's one glitch, but not a little one, as you suggest. It's a HUGE ONE! So huge that steals my attention every time when occurs. It's a mistake so grotesque that dims the brightness of the other finisher moves. Did you read what I wrote? I did not complain about the other finisher animations, only one in which the enemy is cut in half form behind . The others are beautifull. Indeed is marvelous see how the legs and arms are cut off. Great job. But the other one that i mentioned is poorly made. It is a gross failure and must be repaired.

Last edited:
Top Bottom