What about Multiplayer?

+
I've never heard mention of multiplayer at all for this game until they recently hinted in might become reality sometime down the road. What do you all mean when you say MP, PvP or co-op? It's not for me and I'm glad that if they do do this it won't be by CDPR, or at least the folks that work on the main single-player game. Most of the add-on MP modes on games suck that I've experienced. As long as it doesn't interfere with the main campaign game I'm ok.
Post automatically merged:

Did we learn nothing from fallout 76?
Agree, and apparently game studios haven't learned because they still try and put MP, PvP, whatever onto games that don't need it. I don't understand why this happens so much. There are other shooters out there that have PvP so why in the world would a game like CP2077 need it? I've play RDR's online mess of a game and that's exactly what it would be here, a toxic and grieving land of frustration.

Did we learn nothing from fallout 76?

We learnt that using an outdated engine designed for singleplayer to make a multiplayer game is a recipe for disaster.

That said, Bethesdas engine was really outdated (they just kept using same thing over and over for multiple games) and stretched far beyond its capabilities, even BEFORE adding multiplayer. I dont think red engine is quite that bad in comparison.

I dont know if a separate standalone multiplayer CP2077 would be any good, but simply adding online multiplayer elements to CP2077 is even MORE dubious. This has a high chance of being either nothing at all (something that nobody cares about, like assassins creed or watchdogs multiplayers), or extremely buggy like Fallout 76.

My personal recommendation is to take Night City from CP2077, use a chainsaw to turn it into something drastically less graphically demanding, and use that to make some sort of standalone multiplayer game. The map is CP2077 greatest asset, and CDPR should try to utilize it, but putting multiple people from different locations onto same map is a whole different can of worms. There are good and immersive multiplayers out there, but usually these are built for multiplayer from square one.

Guys... people got real time disappointed because after 7 years developing after so many promise people having big expectations and at the end such a hate we can expect this king of reconsideration from CDPR ... plus they are specialized in Single Player mod .. like the game is something really new and different from what they are used to.. is not tat easy and simple and people talk like "hey make it multiplayer cause i want to, other games have multiplayer its not complicated"... have any idea the work it requires investment etc to make it work properly and after such a bad start if they add multiplayer and we have again many bugs if server shut down or whatever bad stuff happens will it help the company?? i think people should really cool off a bit and chill ... its not cancelled just not focused on that for now ...

Guys... people got real time disappointed because after 7 years developing after so many promise people having big expectations and at the end such a hate we can expect this king of reconsideration from CDPR ... plus they are specialized in Single Player mod .. like the game is something really new and different from what they are used to.. is not tat easy and simple and people talk like "hey make it multiplayer cause i want to, other games have multiplayer its not complicated"... have any idea the work it requires investment etc to make it work properly and after such a bad start if they add multiplayer and we have again many bugs if server shut down or whatever bad stuff happens will it help the company?? i think people should really cool off a bit and chill ... its not cancelled just not focused on that for now ...
less than four years to be precise. the game needed at least until 2022 for completion.

I'm 100% waiting to see how the multiplayer checks out.

I like the blurred line between each roles and it'd be fun to see how they act when setting them against each others. Will there be meta builds like 2 nethackers who move along with the cameras to the backlanes and hack the snipers out, while 4 snipers are going to be fending off from 2 assault rifle running guys and 2 melee fighters, while the said fighters keep fighting against the 2 katana wielding ninjas. Different maps with different strengths of combos and so on.

And if they're able to get the AV's working before next year, we're going to have some crazy Battlefield like combat with multiple vehicles dropping off units and objective control etc. I mean some AV's already are accessible (through corpo opening for example and helicopter with Johnny parts) and I'm sure these are going to be more than just cinematic features.

I can only see a huge f***ton of potential this game has to offer in coming year or two. It's already amazing experience (unlike some people desperately want to paint it not) and it truly is next generation of open world game when all the cut content due to time limits are actually implemented.

My bet is that in late 2021 or 2022 Cyberpunk 2077 is going to surpass the Witcher 3 as the best game ever created. :)

This game will be selling over 200 million copies by the end of the 2030 (just like GTA 5 has sold over 140 million copies in 7 years when the figure was last updated) if they're able to keep working on improving the experience, adding expansions, making extremely fun and enjoyable multiplayer etc.

Like there's so much things that are far more enjoyable than GTA 5. Story is more personal and you get to interact with quest givers, combat is greater and music and athmosphere is making GTA look like Flappy Bird in comparison.

Yes GTA also has currently many things working better in comparison to CP2077 like the vehicle physics, water splashes, police and driving systems, AI of citizens etc, but this game has shown a great promise, and many of these things can be ironed out with improved engine, which also will be used to create next Witcher.

It's actually pretty shocking how pessimistic has the stock market gone toward this title when I only see great future ahead. Especially I'm surprised how poorly it's been received by American media circles. Or is this all just to protect their own Rockstar Studios from financial ruins when their players don't get to experience the same detailed scenes and gore and music in their games?

I mean I'm not conspiracy theorist but there seems to be more going on in the background than we're lead to believe. Angry Shill Joe is taking up contracts with Disney and then promoting terrible Star Wars series and it's sequels while suddenly turning around and starting to attack the studio that personally invited him to their circles. We got "The Act Man" making 3rd-4th video about how Cyberpunk was just a massive flop and how everything became a bad meme while defending the Fallout New Vegas despite it being a buggy mess that is literally crashing after years of updates. The only big issue was base consoles and cut content which they all intend to fix/release in coming year. Both of these and many more praising Witcher 3 as a masterpiece while neglecting it's issues with consoles and crashes and bugs, hyping up the game (as the hype toward Witcher 3 was growing) and then turning against the studio when the wind changed direction.

Either these guys don't have their own opinions or they're just paid shills, either by corrupt means or just doing it for the social media likes. I'd rather go against the wind and stay factual and state that 99% of the outcry about the bugs and glitches is just stupid. Only things really that needs a quick fix is the gravity killing you from short falls and it really doesn't happen that often either.

The level of dishonesty in gaming media has made me entirely abandon watching any reviews of american games press. From now on I'll use local games magazines in my country to judge the game and only watching gameplay footage of games rather than reviews.

-

Like the stock market is going down because apparently they removed the plans for online Cyberpunk, while at same time they acquired company which was explicitly designing online features, while at the same time kinda hinting they're going to bring up online features to their titles. It's all just a massive market manipulation that nobody doesn't seem to care about.

We ARE going to see Cyberpunk 2077 online in next year or the very least 2023 and by that time Cyberpunk would have received one or two heavy expansions and player base grown at least close to 50 million in total.

Like do people realize how many copies that is? Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal to this day hasn't even sold anything close to 15 million yet, and they are still considered financial success stories, meanwhile Cyberpunk set all time digital record sales and has potentially sold already over 20 million copies, but "financial future looks bleak" said by many titled written in American English.

Like what the hell is happening?

I check some competitors like 1 1bit Studios who've made game like Frostpunk, which is a small indie company, now worth 140 dollars a share and rising, meanwhile CDPR is around 50.

Apparently the media campaign is working. Some unknown studio that releases a games that nobody plays is rising in value while game company that received 250 awards from their previous title gets dunked.

I don't ****ing get it. Are people really this easy to sway into selling their shares? Is Rockstar planning to buy CDPR soon or what?

I can just imagine after half the year of changing owner, soon all American press is going to be praising the game to the moon and building up hype for the coming sequel.

-

Also the game clearly is planned to be more ready in 2022 when they start working on Witcher 4 (or whatever the name is going to be) simultaneously but the press is saying that it'll take multiple years to fix these issues. Like what issues? I finished the game on launch patch and the game was fine. Sure I could've used some polish like the grenade icons they added in 1.2 and the crafting changes, making shops have better loot etc, but it was still FINE in the very day of release, again for PC users.

People are being so freaking salty about this game when they used to just ignore people who complained about GTA 5 crashing or that Wind Waker running poorly in last gen of Wii-U, nobody batted an eye when Zelda dropped into 5 frames a second for multiple scenarios with any more than 3 enemies at the screen same time, it was all fine, Nintendo n't Do No Wrong.

Seriously wtf is wrong with our species? To this day you see the same toxic salty people in Reddit forums posting how "game is still buggy mess" when I drive around city, I don't experience anything strange. Well I turned off the raytracing since it seemed to be little glitchy after they allowed AMD cards to use them, but outside of this, the game is more stable. Sure still there's occasional trash bags falling off of each other and other strangeness but people should really ignore the 1% of problems and focus on the 99% of what makes the game fun.

-

CDPR has now 2 partnerships with TV series. Witcher coming on second season and Cyberpunk anime.

Witcher was a massive success outside of "media critics" circle as you can see here:

And the newer 2022 series of Cyberpunk with Studio Trigger is going to be very likely a great success story based on their previous work.
Like if it's going to be anything like what they've done in past with a little darker tone of art it's going to be massive hit if the plot is going to be interesting, characters like-able and good theme music.

Perhaps they could create the series in a way that explains a lot of what happened before the events of Cyberpunk 2077 as it's supposed to be introduction series to the game world.

Last edited:
My bet is that in late 2021 or 2022 Cyberpunk 2077 is going to surpass the Witcher 3 as the best game ever created :)
serious doubts about this. if at all it will take way longer but even than... i dont think it will ever bypass witcher 3.

I'm 100% waiting to see how the multiplayer checks out.

I like the blurred line between each roles and it'd be fun to see how they act when setting them against each others. Will there be meta builds like 2 nethackers who move along with the cameras to the backlanes and hack the snipers out, while 4 snipers are going to be fending off from 2 assault rifle running guys and 2 melee fighters, while the said fighters keep fighting against the 2 katana wielding ninjas. Different maps with different strengths of combos and so on.

And if they're able to get the AV's working before next year, we're going to have some crazy Battlefield like combat with multiple vehicles dropping off units and objective control etc. I mean some AV's already are accessible (through corpo opening for example and helicopter with Johnny parts) and I'm sure these are going to be more than just cinematic features.

I can only see a huge f***ton of potential this game has to offer in coming year or two. It's already amazing experience (unlike some people desperately want to paint it not) and it truly is next generation of open world game when all the cut content due to time limits are actually implemented.

My bet is that in late 2021 or 2022 Cyberpunk 2077 is going to surpass the Witcher 3 as the best game ever created. :)

This game will be selling over 200 million copies by the end of the 2030 (just like GTA 5 has sold over 140 million copies in 7 years when the figure was last updated) if they're able to keep working on improving the experience, adding expansions, making extremely fun and enjoyable multiplayer etc.

Like there's so much things that are far more enjoyable than GTA 5. Story is more personal and you get to interact with quest givers, combat is greater and music and athmosphere is making GTA look like Flappy Bird in comparison.

Yes GTA also has currently many things working better in comparison to CP2077 like the vehicle physics, water splashes, police and driving systems, AI of citizens etc, but this game has shown a great promise, and many of these things can be ironed out with improved engine, which also will be used to create next Witcher.

It's actually pretty shocking how pessimistic has the stock market gone toward this title when I only see great future ahead. Especially I'm surprised how poorly it's been received by American media circles. Or is this all just to protect their own Rockstar Studios from financial ruins when their players don't get to experience the same detailed scenes and gore and music in their games?

I mean I'm not conspiracy theorist but there seems to be more going on in the background than we're lead to believe. Angry Shill Joe is taking up contracts with Disney and then promoting terrible Star Wars series and it's sequels while suddenly turning around and starting to attack the studio that personally invited him to their circles. We got "The Act Man" making 3rd-4th video about how Cyberpunk was just a massive flop and how everything became a bad meme while defending the Fallout New Vegas despite it being a buggy mess that is literally crashing after years of updates. The only big issue was base consoles and cut content which they all intend to fix/release in coming year. Both of these and many more praising Witcher 3 as a masterpiece while neglecting it's issues with consoles and crashes and bugs, hyping up the game (as the hype toward Witcher 3 was growing) and then turning against the studio when the wind changed direction.

Either these guys don't have their own opinions or they're just paid shills, either by corrupt means or just doing it for the social media likes. I'd rather go against the wind and stay factual and state that 99% of the outcry about the bugs and glitches is just stupid. Only things really that needs a quick fix is the gravity killing you from short falls and it really doesn't happen that often either.

The level of dishonesty in gaming media has made me entirely abandon watching any reviews of american games press. From now on I'll use local games magazines in my country to judge the game and only watching gameplay footage of games rather than reviews.

-

Like the stock market is going down because apparently they removed the plans for online Cyberpunk, while at same time they acquired company which was explicitly designing online features, while at the same time kinda hinting they're going to bring up online features to their titles. It's all just a massive market manipulation that nobody doesn't seem to care about.

We ARE going to see Cyberpunk 2077 online in next year or the very least 2023 and by that time Cyberpunk would have received one or two heavy expansions and player base grown at least close to 50 million in total.

Like do people realize how many copies that is? Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal to this day hasn't even sold anything close to 15 million yet, and they are still considered financial success stories, meanwhile Cyberpunk set all time digital record sales and has potentially sold already over 20 million copies, but "financial future looks bleak" said by many titled written in American English.

Like what the hell is happening?

I check some competitors like 1 1bit Studios who've made game like Frostpunk, which is a small indie company, now worth 140 dollars a share and rising, meanwhile CDPR is around 50.

Apparently the media campaign is working. Some unknown studio that releases a games that nobody plays is rising in value while game company that received 250 awards from their previous title gets dunked.

I don't ****ing get it. Are people really this easy to sway into selling their shares? Is Rockstar planning to buy CDPR soon or what?

I can just imagine after half the year of changing owner, soon all American press is going to be praising the game to the moon and building up hype for the coming sequel.

-

Also the game clearly is planned to be more ready in 2022 when they start working on Witcher 4 (or whatever the name is going to be) simultaneously but the press is saying that it'll take multiple years to fix these issues. Like what issues? I finished the game on launch patch and the game was fine. Sure I could've used some polish like the grenade icons they added in 1.2 and the crafting changes, making shops have better loot etc, but it was still FINE in the very day of release, again for PC users.

People are being so freaking salty about this game when they used to just ignore people who complained about GTA 5 crashing or that Wind Waker running poorly in last gen of Wii-U, nobody batted an eye when Zelda dropped into 5 frames a second for multiple scenarios with any more than 3 enemies at the screen same time, it was all fine, Nintendo n't Do No Wrong.

Seriously wtf is wrong with our species? To this day you see the same toxic salty people in Reddit forums posting how "game is still buggy mess" when I drive around city, I don't experience anything strange. Well I turned off the raytracing since it seemed to be little glitchy after they allowed AMD cards to use them, but outside of this, the game is more stable. Sure still there's occasional trash bags falling off of each other and other strangeness but people should really ignore the 1% of problems and focus on the 99% of what makes the game fun.

-

CDPR has now 2 partnerships with TV series and Witcher.

Witcher was a massive success outside of "media critics" circle as you can see here:

And the newer 2022 series of Cyberpunk with Studio Trigger is going to be very likely a great success story based on their previous work

Like if it's going to be anything like that with a little darker tone of art it's going to be massive hit if the plot is going to be interesting, characters like-able and good theme music.

Perhaps they could create the series in a way that explains a lot of what happened before the events of Cyberpunk 2077 as it's supposed to be introduction series to the game world.

Um.... you know CDPR announced they will no longer be making that multiplayer game right?

It's the reason I pre-ordered this game, It'd be a real shame if that's dropped
I have read that it was to be seperate, and that the plans are changing, but they want to "bring online to all their games" and they have a team for CP77 and Witcher moving forward. To me... and I'm guessing - that means instead of standalone it may becoming back to cp77, if they are working so hard to stabilize the game in this engine they probably realized that two titles has the potential for 2x the bugs and im guessing that they also aren't planning to get rid of it entirely as they have obviously put resources into it and have a plan to continue the franchise, and guessing by there stocks/income from this title. they want to consolidate and recover.
Post automatically merged:

serious doubts about this. if at all it will take way longer but even than... i dont think it will ever bypass witcher 3.
it already has

I am fairly confidant this is corp speak to soften the impact, prepair the community for the announcement they are axeing the MP version and will revisit it down the road.

Oh I am sure they will again "revisit" this someday. But for the foreseeable future they made it clear that they want to focus on the single player and add in ONLINE elements which to me means purchasing crap and possible server side support for the game. I hope I am wrong about the second part because that would make doing "legal" mods (powerful legal" mods, not just stuff like texture swaps) almost impossible.

Kiciński elaborated: “Let’s stress this here, CD Projekt Red makes single-player story-driven AAA RPGs – that is not changing. What is changing is our long-term approach to online.

And by this, we mean ensuring we are properly prepared to implement online elements in our games where they make sense. We don’t want to go overboard or lose our single-player DNA.”

Edit: LINK REMOVED about data mine info. Thank you for the heads up Romy_Zaini. I did not even think of that being a "leak". :censored: ???

IF the game ended up with things LIKE Deathmatch and Heist modes of which may have involved players selecting different classes to tackle co-op based missions. THIS (if it was true) would mean server side support! :(

The reason many people got this game was because of the promise of mods being supported. The same way Bethesda said they would support mods in Fallout 76. Remind me how long did that take?

Last edited:
Oh I am sure they will again "revisit" this someday. But for the foreseeable future they made it clear that they want to focus on the single player and add in ONLINE elements which to me means purchasing crap and possible server side support for the game. I hope I am wrong about the second part because that would make doing "legal" mods almost impossible.

Kiciński elaborated: “Let’s stress this here, CD Projekt Red makes single-player story-driven AAA RPGs – that is not changing. What is changing is our long-term approach to online.

And by this, we mean ensuring we are properly prepared to implement online elements in our games where they make sense. We don’t want to go overboard or lose our single-player DNA.”

Dataminers have previously unearthed code alluding to Deathmatch and Heist modes, the latter of which may have involved players selecting different classes to tackle co-op based missions.
you should remove the link... i posted it as well in another mp thread it was deleted by mods instantly... "you are not supposed to talk about or spread leaked content"... uhm yeah... transparency at its best : /

Um.... you know CDPR announced they will no longer be making that multiplayer game right?
Yeah, they announced they won't be creating a SEPARATE multiplayer ONLY game.

What this change means that the next Cyberpunk game is not going to be online ONLY.

It also means they likely introduce the online capabilities to Cyberpunk 2077 by 2022 year.

What does it say in Digital Scapes (that CDPR acquired recently) websites?
https://www.digitalscapes.ca/

1617902924327.png

Also there's some leaks hinting these is a serious push for these capabilities.

Last edited:
Yeah, they announced they won't be creating a SEPARATE multiplayer ONLY game.

What this change means that the next Cyberpunk game is not going to be online ONLY.

It also means they likely introduce the online capabilities to Cyberpunk 2077 by 2022 year.

I disagree, read the next post I made with quote from the CEO. But hey, we all have the right to "interpret" the words the way we want to. However as Benjamin Franklin once said “I'd rather be a pessimist because then I can only be pleasantly surprised.”

I disagree, read the next post I made with quote from the CEO. But hey, we all have the right to "interpret" the words the way we want to. However as Benjamin Franklin once said “I'd rather be a pessimist because then I can only be pleasantly surprised.”
I think what CEO is trying to just do is try sway players and critics into loving the company again and has little to do with actual policy.

Many (somewhat rightfully) are claiming that the game got released too early and that the company CEO's are wiping their tears with 100 dollars bills while players are suffering in unfinished title.

The game definitely could've used that extra 3-4 months of patches (if they didn't get hacked) before launch and start up in somewhere between 1.2 and 1.3 with at least some level of police in traffic enabled.

Like I get that Witcher 3 also got a lot of cut content from it's release but was for closer to the final product. Granted the game devs got Government grants to continue the work on the title where in Cyberpunk's case I believe it relied more on shareholders interest.

All they have to do now is redeem back their title of #1 gaming studio by releasing 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and so on which fix majority of issues that are most perceived problems before end of the year along with DLC content, doing all this before starting to talk about the online features in 2022.

Now they're kinda pretending not to have a plan that expands more than a year but it's pretty clear you can't design anything just by yearly basis, and all the policy statements are designed to promote the idea they're really focused on bringing the game up to a "playable level" that some players expected game to be in launch day.

I think the roadmap for this game is pretty clear, I think the "we've shifted from 5 year plans into 1 year plans" is just to reduce the criticism and hate poured toward the studio by even mentioning some future plans when they've not fixed all the issues yet.

I think the tone of the players changing till the end of year, when Covid is about to end before August in majority of counties, combined with more travel and more freedom, it's going to give a nice and relaxing time for people to get rid of Reddit hate bubbles and look toward the future more openly.

We're still pretty deep in that negative bubble created by this virus and people are spending too much time complaining.

Last edited:
I think what CEO is trying to just do is try sway players and critics into loving the company again and has little to do with actual policy.

Many (somewhat rightfully) are claiming that the game got released too early and that the company CEO's are wiping their tears with 100 dollars bills while players are suffering in unfinished title.

The game definitely could've used that extra 3-4 months of patches (if they didn't get hacked) before launch and start up in somewhere between 1.2 and 1.3 with at least some level of police in traffic enabled.

Like I get that Witcher 3 also got a lot of cut content from it's release but was for closer to the final product. Granted the game devs got Government grants to continue the work on the title where in Cyberpunk's case I believe it relied more on shareholders interest.

All they have to do now is redeem back their title of #1 gaming studio by releasing 1.3, 1.4, 1.5 and so on which fix majority of issues that are most perceived problems before end of the year along with DLC content, doing all this before starting to talk about the online features in 2022.

Now they're kinda pretending not to have a plan that expands more than a year but it's pretty clear you can't design anything just by yearly basis, and all the policy statements are designed to promote the idea they're really focused on bringing the game up to a "playable level" that some players expected game to be in launch day.

I think the roadmap for this game is pretty clear, I think the "we've shifted from 5 year plans into 1 year plans" is just to reduce the criticism and hate poured toward the studio by even mentioning some future plans when they've not fixed all the issues yet.

I think the tone of the players changing till the end of year, when Covid is about to end before August in majority of counties, combined with more travel and more freedom, it's going to give a nice and relaxing time for people to get rid of Reddit hate bubbles and look toward the future more openly.

We're still pretty deep in that negative bubble created by this virus and people are spending too much time complaining.

You are right, I agree with 95% of that, the other 5% is not worth fretting about. (y)

I could not care less about multiplayer; I am all for a solid single player immersive gameplay - which I already get (sometimes more, sometimes less). I rather have that a game does one type of gameplay very well than trying to cater to multiple types of gameplay, and thus failing at them all. I understand that from a marketing standpoint it's very enticing to cater to all, but usually that ends up in big failure.

Multiplayer with such body animations?

He he, Well, that may be the least of the problems. I wonder if they ever sat with the guys from Bethesda in a Bar at E3 and shoot the breeze about trying to make a game with single player DNA into multiplayer? Almost every single issue that we Fallout fans (that were anti multiplayer) "doom mongered " about on the Fallout forums for months did in fact come true. Including my own pet peeves about mods and cheating.

It is possible they started running into the same type of issues and they decided they need more time before jumping onto the Multiplayer always on line band wagon. If that is the case they are far more astute than Bethesda was.

Top Bottom