Final wishlist for the game in last updates

+
What makes you think so? Do you have any insider information about the engine?

It's not insider information, it's public information.

They signed a 15 year deal with EPIC and are moving to Unreal Engine and confirmed their next games are going to be using UE5. REDengine is dead or, at least, it's being thrown into a closet to gather dust for the next 15+ years. That was announced in 2022.

It's not insider information, it's public information.

They signed a 15 year deal with EPIC and are moving to Unreal Engine and confirmed their next games are going to be using UE5. REDengine is dead or, at least, it's being thrown into a closet to gather dust for the next 15+ years. That was announced in 2022.
In fact, this leaves an even wider field for speculation and interpretations ..
I wonder what then is actually caused the emergence of "Phantom liberty"? And.. What users can hope for, speaking of new updates ?
I mean, if the Red engine is dead - then why do they regularly produce patches? Aren't they useless now? Moreover, the game is technically sold out. It would seem that you can put an end to this whole story, preparing to switch to an unreal engine...
Anyway, thank you for info, I got it, I am not able to understand this.
No Future.

I mean, if the Red engine is dead - then why do they regularly produce patches? Aren't they useless now?
Why? Probably because CDPR care about the game and didn't give up trying to fix the game, despite of what some people like to think ;)
In fact, Phantom Liberty was announced as the last CDPR product released using Red Engine. So yes, all improvements added to the game since (at least) Phantom Liberty have no other purpose than improve or trying to fix the game and won't benefit at all in the upcoming CDPR products.

In fact, this leaves an even wider field for speculation and interpretations ..
I wonder what then is actually caused the emergence of "Phantom liberty"? And.. What users can hope for, speaking of new updates ?
I mean, if the Red engine is dead - then why do they regularly produce patches? Aren't they useless now? Moreover, the game is technically sold out. It would seem that you can put an end to this whole story, preparing to switch to an unreal engine...
Anyway, thank you for info, I got it, I am not able to understand this.
No Future.

It's really simple, had they abandoned the game as soon as they decided to switch to UE5, it would have left a very bad taste in everybody's mouth. Their next game would have suffered for it. A bad launch followed by abandoning the game? That's some EA level crap right there.

So we got patches and a single expansion instead of the two expansions they had originally planned for. Ensuring your future products aren't tainted by your previous one is worth it but make no mistake, at this point, the game is on life support. The patches will address bugs and most likely nothing more. I'd be surprised if FSR 3.0 makes it in to be honest.

Probably because CDPR care about the game and didn't give up trying to fix the game, despite of what some people like to think ;)
And some other people not only think, but also write reviews ... Now I see.
In any case, thanks you for the motivation, I finally managed to open Wikipedia and read the article about Cyberpank. (y)
In other scenarios, I would never have enough energy for this.

Ensuring your future products aren't tainted by your previous one is worth it but make no mistake, at this point, the game is on life support.
Sovngarde awaits! (y)

.............................................. ................................................................................
Ok, thank you! Still hope for a romantic story with Maiko Maeda though ))

The game already has a lot of interesting things and shows the scale of the city, it needs to be expanded )))))
There is not enough interesierov for research and placement of interesting loot inside the locations. Depending on the size of the location can be expanded by 20%-30%. The developers have drawn but not revealed :
1) garages (but make them larger in size)
2) stores (shopping centers for the rich),
small vendors should trade
3) parking lots with cars, depending on the neighborhood cars are different (in the trunks can be stashes)
4) clandestine laboratories
5) industrial zones, abandoned buildings (in them to accommodate gangs and not only, can be empty but with hiding places)
6) hotels, clubs (of different character)
All these locations should be available or through minor tasks or exploring the city.
It is necessary to increase the secondary tasks through notes and npcs by 50%. Then it will be interesting to explore the territory, rather than go from task to task.
Parameters of some clothes need to be returned :
1) non-quest clothing from the corporation need parameters
2) clothing with plates should have a small protection
3 )armored vest GG should wear together with jackets, coats, jackets, and then how not realistic

A rebalance of weapons' damages for very hard difficulty, lots of them are underwhelming (especially in the stealth playstyle), Overwatch for example, absolutely crap damages (despite being fully decked for headshot multiplier and stealth damage on cyberwares), doesn't benefit from the Killer Instinct perk (just tag Overwatch as silenced end of the story), assault rifles and smgs are quite underperforming as well, precision rifles are just useless, most snipers will outperform them in every situation (excepted for Overwatch which is utter crap), why did CDPR get rid of the sniper scope switch ?

Arms cyberwares are a bit underwhelming as well, especially mantis blade and PLS (PLS accuracy is plain annoying and the damages are just bad tbh), gorilla arms are in a good place, monowire shoud get a base damage buff.

I don't understand why CDPR are so unwilling regarding stealth damage, the whole purpose of stealth is to oneshot stuff (excepted bosses of course), Overwatch is absolutely crap, skull ennemies can't be taken down with one shot of ranged stealth weapon, even some high level non skull ennemies can lead to stealth issue (of course if you're running a stealth netrunner build you can manage to get rid of them in a stealth way with QH, but if you're a sandevistan or a chrome compressor build, you're rekt), why can i stealth kill most ennemies with my quickhacks but not my stealth weapons ?

In an other subject, i still don't understand why CDPR dedicated a whole tree to throwing knives, i guess it was for people who like to make throwing knives gameplay video, but why would you throw a knive when you can just use a silenced pistol ?

In an other subject, i still don't understand why CDPR dedicated a whole tree to throwing knives, i guess it was for people who like to make throwing knives gameplay video, but why would you throw a knive when you can just use a silenced pistol ?

Orrrrrrr why are you using silenced pistols instead of throwing knives?

Okay, okay... turning off the snark.

I think throwing knives are in a great place. I'm basically doing with knives what you are rightly pointing out about what guns ought to be able to do., It's a legitimate let down. I think the real question is why doesn't the stealth, pistol/rifle, or combo of the two trees not perform as well as what you can do with knives? Both should be achievable.

Orrrrrrr why are you using silenced pistols instead of throwing knives?

Okay, okay... turning off the snark.

I think throwing knives are in a great place. I'm basically doing with knives what you are rightly pointing out about what guns ought to be able to do., It's a legitimate let down. I think the real question is why doesn't the stealth, pistol/rifle, or combo of the two trees not perform as well as what you can do with knives? Both should be achievable.
Because pistols have more range, more accuracy, better dot reticle and can shoot at multiple ennemies quickly, can also be used without a silencer for open combat.

Well, everything a knife does, a pistol does it better.

If that doesn't answer your "why using a pistol when you can use a knife", i don't know what to say more.

If that doesn't answer your "why using a pistol when you can use a knife", i don't know what to say more.

Okayyyyyyyy... you know I was being being snarky right? I mean, you quoted the the part where I mention that.

I only mention it because your response seems to miss the meaty part where I'm agreeing with you that you should be able to stealth one shot.

Sitting on ALL the chairs (like in oblivion) or some small interaction * with all the merchants.

* edit: I mean more than just the "uh no I'm busy" you can get from any NPC.

Last edited:
Okayyyyyyyy... you know I was being being snarky right? I mean, you quoted the the part where I mention that

Tone gets lost in the internet. You may think you were being snarky, but the rest of us can never be sure whether someone is serious or not. It was also completely uncalled-for response to a serious post.

If there is one thing that REALLY grinds my gears is when Im being serious and someone jokes about the subject.

Time to move on from that, please. It is not even really on topic.

Some like throwing knives, some like silenced pistols, some like neither, some like both. All perfectly valid opinions, and not one of them is worse or better than another.

Wishlist? )
Colonel Hansen's ending, naturally :)
Let Hansen explain everything he thinks about the NUSA, the FIA, and Night City in general, and then of Rosalind Myers, Reed, and So Mi in particular. Let the old soldier tell us his story honestly.
For me (and I hope not just for me) colonel remains one of the very few truly decent people in Night City. Let us see the world through his eyes.
He should have his say.

And of course also, the love of Maiko Maeda ( the woman who stole my heart ) is an alternate take on the “Dollhouse” situation.
( Maybe we've had enough of Judy Alvarez? :) )

ah! I was making a new V and I just remembered this one and only thing I truly want in some hypothetical update (and also in Orion)

At character creation, I appreciate the movements and gestures V does, make you feel like you're working on a living breathing character rather than a mannequin. Nice touch...
BUT
please, please, Puhhhhhleeeeeze, stop having V move their hand in front of features that are editable, or not have V do it while the player is editing that feature.

Every. Dang. Time. I choose a mouth V's hand comes up and GAHHHH!, I can't see the friggin mouth now! WHYYYYY!? WHYYYYYYYYYY!

Top Bottom