(1.07) 40-60fps -> 8-12fps

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I guess only occasionally and this is more of a "help yourself" forum. Sure they get aware of problems and errors here as well, but there are so many double posts and redundant information, also many "i feel like something is different" posts that they cannot possibly react to all of them. Open the support tab, submit a ticket and make yourself known to the support team directly.

Oh.. I thought that forum is bugtracker... So when you said it I found bugreport instruction here... So what do you think? Does it have any sense to repot about this issue http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...h-reproducing-and-save!?p=1850859#post1850859

I guess I will not first person who will report about it, but probably my saves and video with reporducing bug can help. What do you think?

I guess I will not first person who will report about it, but probably my saves and video with reporducing bug can help. What do you think?

I think you should report it and you are probably not the only one with the problem.

If you're just getting low minimums, but it being fairly smooth, you may be CPU bound a bit. The fix for the pop-in of characters means more characters are loading ( as intended), in Novigrad etc. But the root cause for the pop-in that part of the engine locking the main GPU thread for too long. Its a long shot, but when I got low minimums on AC:IV and GTA V, simply ctrl-alt-del'ing, and setting the process to "High" priority helped immensely.

1.07 improved my framerates pretty decently ( though I do use hairworks, and their new tweaks to it seem to have made a big difference).

I7 5820k @ 4.4Ghz
GTX 980 OC
16 GB ram

Have you verified the game? ( I verified the game after installing 1.07 and GOG Galaxy downloaded another 40 MB of files...) And you said you set everything to default, had you edited any files other than the user settings?

If you're just getting low minimums, but it being fairly smooth, you may be CPU bound a bit. The fix for the pop-in of characters means more characters are loading ( as intended), in Novigrad etc. But the root cause for the pop-in that part of the engine locking the main GPU thread for too long. Its a long shot, but when I got low minimums on AC:IV and GTA V, simply ctrl-alt-del'ing, and setting the process to "High" priority helped immensely.

1.07 improved my framerates pretty decently ( though I do use hairworks, and their new tweaks to it seem to have made a big difference).

I7 5820k @ 4.4Ghz
GTX 980 OC
16 GB ram

Have you verified the game? ( I verified the game after installing 1.07 and GOG Galaxy downloaded another 40 MB of files...) And you said you set everything to default, had you edited any files other than the user settings?

Low maximums, not minimums - it's consistently 8 to 12 fps with no drops or highs. Something is holding it back. I'll try the "high priority" thing you mentioned later today.

I'm not using any mods.

Thats such a major drop that there's got to be something specific causing it. I'm assuming you are running 1080p? Any alterations in the Nvidia Control panel? The other guys are right, that you should probably open a ticket ( they'll likely ask you for a dxdiag etc). I've only had that kind of drop if I've set the resolution to supersampling or dsr much higher than it should be.

Thats such a major drop that there's got to be something specific causing it. I'm assuming you are running 1080p? Any alterations in the Nvidia Control panel? The other guys are right, that you should probably open a ticket ( they'll likely ask you for a dxdiag etc). I've only had that kind of drop if I've set the resolution to supersampling or dsr much higher than it should be.

Yeah, that's why I've been responding the way I have to suggestions like "blame nvidia" and "reset your settings." It's obviously a specific, major bug...

I've tried lowering the screen res and at best it brings me up to 24 fps max.

I'm going to try reinstalling with my retail discs (currently using my friend's gog copy since my DVD drive was broken when the game came out), and at that point if it's still broken I'll open up a support ticket.

"blame nvidia"

you should... just look at their recent drivers, in all games, on all os'es, people having issues with them, not just TW3.

there's even a class action filed against them for the 970 issues... seriously... :\

someone in another thread mentioned removing the grass shaders fixed it, but not sure, cuz... no nvidia gpu...

well, freezes anyways on a 780ti.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/53703-Freezes!!!

Last edited:
you should... just look at their recent drivers, in all games, on all os'es, people having issues with them, not just TW3.

there's even a class action filed against them for the 970 issues... seriously... :\

someone in another thread mentioned removing the grass shaders fixed it, but not sure, cuz... no nvidia gpu...

well, freezes anyways on a 780ti.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/53703-Freezes!!!

This happened immediately after the 1.07 patch. Take your unhelpful GPU fanboyism somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom