1.6 Dex ride along, sound gets slow, CPU 100%'s, Game crashes

+
So i was running my game on Raytracing Ultra setting and everything was running fine, better than fine in fact.
Then came the ride along with Dex and hooboy, things went bad fast.
The ride started out just fine but then after he asks about the slow life or blaze of glory, the dialogue got slow and staticy.
The ride carried on as normal but the speaking slow, then when the car stops and you go to get out, the city in the background didnt load in and the game crashed.
Sent an error report, dropped my graphics settings to low. (Just low, no Raytracing etc) and pulled up my task manager.
Booted the game up and loaded the save, got in the car..... same thing, including the city not loading in and crashing at the end. Didnt skip the ride to the end.
Noticed that CPU was hitting 100%, something that has NEVER happened before while playing in past saves. (I have played since released multiple times, over 350 hours of game time, seen multiple different endings.) and my CPU radiator started pumping out more heat than a heater set to max!
Disabled all mods despite knowing how painful that was going to be and started a fresh game, stayed on low graphics.
Game ran fine, got to Dex ride along.... same thing happened right into the crash, Including the heat... I feel like im now risking my CPU melting thanks to whatever changes have been made.

So seriously? what gives? Why did you guys have to ruin my ability to play with 1.6?
And its not like im playing on a potato either.

Windows 10
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 @3440x1400
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11600KF @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
Installed on a SSD

Dont tell me the devs updated the game for the 40 series cards and in the process screwed it up for those on the 30's?
(Oh and i have up to date graphics drivers)

Disabled all mods despite knowing how painful that was going to be and started a fresh game, stayed on low graphics.
I don't want to be annoying, but "disabling" may be not enough...
Clean-Install and fresh save/start could be the only solution.

Yeah not my first time around. I did that.
Hence the primary part to the 'painful' comment lol.
The rest is just how frustrating the game can be without some of the fixes mods provide lol.
Post automatically merged:

Update: Definitely something wrong with the Dex ride along.
Finally had one time where it let me out of the car without a crash, all i saw was the sidewalk, people walking and flying cars in the distance along with some building props here or there, but most the world missing.
Made a new save, closed the game and restarted it, loading the save, the world was back to normal and i could play as normal.

Last edited:
Update: Definitely something wrong with the Dex ride along.
Finally had one time where it let me out of the car without a crash, all i saw was the sidewalk, people walking and flying cars in the distance along with some building props here or there, but most the world missing.
Made a new save, closed the game and restarted it, loading the save, the world was back to normal and i could play as normal.
Not a single issue here throughout the game, including Dex's ride with maxed out settings. I'm not using any mods though.

So not sure which mods you were running, but simply disabling mods mid-playthrough is never a good idea, especially if they're running on scripts or adding things to the game, because it will make the save even more unstable by removing them and cause even more severe issues down the line.

So if it bugged out Dex's mission, it may be even worse later down the road and may not be fixable anymore. So the proper way to deal with it is finding which mod is causing the issue, uninstalling it and restarting a playthrough. But definitely not an issue with the game on its own.

Yeah not my first time around. I did that.
Either I miss it, but I don't see in your post that you performed a "clean install" of the game, to be sure that there is no remaining mods datas in the game files...
And as @Crimsomrider said, disabling or removing mods and keep playing on the same save could be even worse and lead to even more issues.

Top Bottom