1.7 getting real close?

+
There are only 3 days left for these guys to show us their work developed over 3 years. A fun countdown image :cool:

One question, do you think we will have an NCW with patch 1.7 after the SGF event?

View attachment 11354296

99.9% chance there will be a Night City Wire. The one percent is that it's included with Phantom Liberty hands-on in the 1.7 update. If 1.7 isn't at Game Fest, surly it'll get it's own live stream.

Patches are not a service that CDPR has decided to end. The next patch is taking time to arrive, I hope it will be one of the most important ones so far.

It would be very good for the fans and players if after the SGF event where CDPR is going to show us the expansion, they would have a direct communication with us with a live NCW talking more about PL, the tours and about the arrival of patch 1.7 and its content.

Hopefully all this is being cooked right now.

I could see something like what is described above.

SGF/XBox Showcase - New trailer and gameplay is shown
SGF: Play Days - Media gets a hands on
Night City Wire/CDPR Stream - AH MAH GUR IT IS COMING HERE ARE THE TOUR DATES AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT FANS? U 2 CAN GET UR HANDS ON SOME OF THE FEATURES RIGHT NOW BY DOWNLOAD PATCH 1.7!!! WOOOOOO!
1.7 drops
Tour goes around
Expansion drops
Bug fixing patches come out for a few months
Definitive Edition is released in time for holiday 2023
Cyberpunk 2077 goes end of life

Still curious if PL drops mid tour or after (end of the year) since I see no point of big hands on events while one could play it privately at home if it drops earlier…

Yeah, unless these events are happening all on one day? Which is possible, because CDPR has said they won't be at Gamescom.

I am thinking it is a same day or same week type of thing. I think the calendar works out way better for CDPR if they can get Phantom Liberty out in July or August. Especially since they are not advertising being at a lot of these other major gaming events - though maybe that comes with the tour announcement, I guess.

My thoughts -

July 4th/Earlier - 1.7 Drops
July 4th/August - Phantom Liberty
July 4th/August to November/Early December - Bug fixes, patches and marketing for Definitive Edition. Key creative team members move to US and begin to setup Project Orion studio
November/Early December - Definitive Edition w/ minor new content included to try to drive holiday sales
2024 - Project Orion pre-production goes into full swing, CDPR hires enough people to build an AAA title
Late 2024/2025 - Project Orion development begins

That being said obviously if it isn't done that timeline gets pushed back. But the dates seem to not be as appetizing from a sales perspective for CDPR as a company and align with their vision for the American studio. The way above gets them the initial sales push when it drops in the summer, then they can use the Definitive Edition to drum up interest again around holiday time.

It cannot be in one day, it is a tour, it is supposed to be a series of events on different days and in order not to saturate I think it will be in different weeks and in each event they will show or treat different aspects of the expansion, in interviews with different members of CDPR. Have they said they won't be at Gamescom? There are many important events where you can show Phantom liberty before it goes on sale and it is the best place to talk about its expansion. These events are a great showcase to exhibit your product and are seen and commented on worldwide, how strange that CDPR is not at these events.

Will the tour be in events created by CDPR? A titanic decision, I don't think so. They would only reach their fans and not the general public, which is what they want to conquer now.

Until they talk, we're a little confused about the marketing of the expansion.

It cannot be in one day, it is a tour, it is supposed to be a series of events on different days and in order not to saturate I think it will be in different weeks and in each event they will show or treat different aspects of the expansion, in interviews with different members of CDPR. Have they said they won't be at Gamescom? There are many important events where you can show Phantom liberty before it goes on sale and it is the best place to talk about its expansion. These events are a great showcase to exhibit your product and are seen and commented on worldwide, how strange that CDPR is not at these events.

Will the tour be in events created by CDPR? A titanic decision, I don't think so. They would only reach their fans and not the general public, which is what they want to conquer now.

Until they talk, we're a little confused about the marketing of the expansion.

I believe it was stated in earnings or a Tweet or something like that. But from the sounds of it they have made it clear they will not be at Gamescom - unless they are purposefully hiding their intentions so that the tour is a bigger deal upon announcing it. Or maybe they play it as "What we meant is we wouldn't have a trailer presentation - but you can play the game!" or something like that.

Needless to say - I strongly disagree with your assertion above. You might be correct... but it seems unwise on so many levels to have a tour that lasts for months and would open them up for spoilers when their game(s) are so story oriented. And this isn't a "Media plays it and we make them sign an NDA" thing. These are wide open for the public to play the game type events.

but it seems unwise on so many levels to have a tour that lasts for months and would open them up for spoilers when their game(s) are so story oriented.
I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to difficult to make a "special" version of the game (a demo^^) in which every "story" parts are cut/disabled. So you're only allowed/able to try some new features, cyberwares, weapons, skills,... Nothing more (if public" are allowed to play, I don't think it will be hours of content... Just few minutes per player, playing the same "things").
Quite common that games offer a demo version in which you don't have any story related stuff or just the intro/tutorial.

I believe it was stated in earnings or a Tweet or something like that. But from the sounds of it they have made it clear they will not be at Gamescom - unless they are purposefully hiding their intentions so that the tour is a bigger deal upon announcing it. Or maybe they play it as "What we meant is we wouldn't have a trailer presentation - but you can play the game!" or something like that.

Needless to say - I strongly disagree with your assertion above. You might be correct... but it seems unwise on so many levels to have a tour that lasts for months and would open them up for spoilers when their game(s) are so story oriented. And this isn't a "Media plays it and we make them sign an NDA" thing. These are wide open for the public to play the game type events.

I mean, a Tour in a sense that CDPR is a music band? A Tour does and can go for a few months. Now, I never heard of music Tours going on throughout the rest of the year, but a month or two? Yeah, they could last that long.

For all we know they could be at these events, but not in a capacity to market the expansion pre-release but post-release. Not something I'm aware has been done before, but could be a way to break through the noise in a year crammed with games. They've emphasized they're community oriented events though so they really could be general public demos on their own dime to show people "Hey, we finished the game. Please, clap."
Well, it's not like they spoiled several key plot points a year in advance of the base games release so I wouldn't count this out base soley on your reasoning.

I mean, a Tour in a sense that CDPR is a music band? A Tour does and can go for a few months. Now, I never heard of music Tours going on throughout the rest of the year, but a month or two? Yeah, they could last that long.

Yeah - that is kind of the issue. I guess I have never heard of a video game tour, so I have no idea what that entails, lol. :D
Post automatically merged:

I could be wrong but it doesn't seem to difficult to make a "special" version of the game (a demo^^) in which every "story" parts are cut/disabled. So you're only allowed/able to try some new features, cyberwares, weapons, skills,... Nothing more (if public" are allowed to play, I don't think it will be hours of content... Just few minutes per player, playing the same "things").
Quite common that games offer a demo version in which you don't have any story related stuff or just the intro/tutorial.

Right - so basically you are letting people play patch 1.7 (so car combat, new melee system, etc). That I could see.
Post automatically merged:

Well, it's not like they spoiled several key plot points a year in advance of the base games release so I wouldn't count this out base soley on your reasoning.

It just seems very odd to me that game studios like CDPR do so much to keep this stuff under wraps. Then they would just give it all away. That makes zero sense to me. Even from a marketing/sales perspective.

But I also agree with what was said above. Maybe by "playing Phantom Liberty" they mean just playing the game as it is now with the new features, but not allowing them into the new area to see all of the new story beats.

Right - so basically you are letting people play patch 1.7 (so car combat, new melee system, etc). That I could see.
At least, I can see CDPR let people have a bit* of fun with the new stuffs which only will be only available in the expansion (like new abilities, skills, weapons, cyberwares, features...) and in the areas (maybe only one) which are also only available in the expansion (and indeed maybe also new features available in the base game, even if the update will be already released).
But disabling/locking everything related to the story (to avoid any kind of spoiler).

*And I say "a bit" because I can't see a single dude playing for more than a few minutes while a bunch of other people wait to play too :)

CDPR revealed Jackie's death 1 year before Cyberpunk 2077 was released and showed us a 48-minute gameplay and a few other gameplay that showed parts of the story years before it was released. It seems that CDPR likes to show its muscle, a gameplay guided by them and a limited demo to see new features cannot be ruled out.

All that pure gasoline to light the fire until it goes on sale after finishing the tour.

@Andrew_Waples if you look at it from this point of view it's not reckless and CDPR has done it before.

Last edited:
I think they're asking when CDPR is going to be on the SGF cuz they don't appear to be scheduled according to that website.

Does anyone know what day SGF: Play Days starts on? Probably would give us a good idea if the release date trailer is coming on Thursday or Sunday.

I know BG3 has said their trailer is coming Sunday after the XBox Showcase and Starfield thing.

There’s not really much on that schedule, isn’t it just a handful of special showcases being shown on that list?

I assume Phantom Liberty is just part of the main program.

Top Bottom