1st Run XSX (1.5) My observations

+
Hello everyone! Just wanted to share my impressions/suggestions for the game after starting my first playthrough (patch 1.5). This game is incredibly fun to play. The visuals look impressive and everything appears vibrant in Night City. I’m certain this is one of the best looking games I’ve seen on my 48in OLED C1 display. The audio aspects of the game are well crafted. The variety of awesome sound tracks, loud gun fire, and great voice acting/dialogue all compliment the experience nicely. CDPR can definitely be praised for their exceptional ability in creating immersive and engaging stories.

The combat is for the most part enjoyable with many different options to approach engagements. It is not my intention to troll or diminish the work that CDPR has put into this game… but rather to state my observations respectfully. I honestly feel that the game would benefit immensely from some more polishing. Some of these issues are minor, but seem lackluster after having played games like Red Dead, Max Payne 3, and the Last Of Us. I mention these titles because ultimately they are the competition when it comes to the grim violence and visceral portrayal of a shootout. Bear with me a moment, I’ll elaborate on some issues I’ve observed and attempt to keep it brief.

[x] Certain enemy models will not register any form of visual physical damage. Meaning no dismemberment or impact wounds from high caliber weapons, blades, or explosives. It seems that this feature is absent in enemies labeled “worker no affiliation” when scanned.

[x] Bullet wound decals from small caliber weapons like SMGs or handguns disappear after a brief moment. Hence the visual aftermath of a gunfight looks far too sterile. By contrast the bullet wound decals for high caliber weaponry (Overture, Satara ,etc) remain visible after the gunfire settles.

[x] Incendiary elemental damage and kills would be far more impactful if corpses would become charred. The Gears and Last of Us franchises did this did this quite well.

[x] I’d like to see more finishers and stealth take downs implemented with blades/melee. This was done with the Witcher 3 as DLC. It would add more variety and spice up the melee combat a bit. To my knowledge gorilla arms only have one finisher.

[x] Collisions also seem a bit lackluster in some instances. Dead enemies can at times clip through one another instead of stacking up against the ground. Enemies knocked back from shotgun fire or explosive blasts can sometimes partially clip through walls or other surfaces. Improving collisions would also help prevent NPCs from clipping through one another in crowds or standing conjoined in the same exact spot.

[x] A few twitchy animations are present here and there with some NPCs and vendors. Sometimes during conversations they’ll speak but not move their lips. To be fair though I’ve only seen the lip sync issue once with a medicine vendor.

If you made it this far I’m sincerely grateful for your time. I’d like to conclude by saying that in spite of these visual inconsistencies I’ve loved every hour I’ve put into this game. I’m looking forward to the planned CP2077 expansion and future Witcher 3 enhancements. Apologies for not keeping it brief chooms!

Last edited:
Top Bottom