A question for PS5 & XBSX players...

+
As of the current date, CDPR hasn't given any specific date for the release of the PS5 & XBSX versions of the game - they just said sometime in 2021. Whether that means January or December of 2021 is anyone's guess, and with all the work they are doing just to get the current versions corrected, it has likely delayed the timeline. In the meantime, I'm sure we've all been playing the hell out of the last gen versions. That being said, many of us have already beaten the game, played through the side gigs, explored Night City thoroughly, etc.

So, it got me thinking... what if the PS5 & XBSX upgrades launches 4, 5, 6 months down the line, or more? Is the prospect of playing the same game with cleaner visuals, better lighting, and higher framerates exciting enough for you to jump back in after you've experienced the game's content thoroughly? Is there a timeframe in which the upgrade will come too late for you to still be interested? Afterwall, we're not talking about a remake of the game, or even a remaster - it's just turning up the graphical settings.

I guess the answer depends on the player. For me personally, I certainly would welcome the upgrade, but I typically don't return to games in any significant capacity after completing them, no matter how much I enjoyed it the first time. If they release the next-gen versions in April or later, think there would need to be a more compelling reason for me to care than the game looking better, but maybe that's just me.

I’m mostly just waiting on the DLC or content patches. The upgrade in graphics is sort of secondary importance at this point. The game looked fine to me in most aspects. It entirely depends on what they do with what they have now, not so much the length of time before it drops.

If the upgrade comes out before DLC/patch is announced then I might start it up just to have a look. If it comes out after the DLC/patch is announced and it looks promising, I’d probably dive back in for more playthroughs. If they announce the DLC/patch and it’s kinda meh I can’t imagine coming back to the game at all, upgraded graphics or not. I liked the game pretty well, just not enough to care about an enhanced version with nothing else added to it.

I liked the game pretty well, just not enough to care about an enhanced version with nothing else added to it.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. If the next gen visual enhancements come around the same timeframe as the DLC, that would be great, but the enhancements alone probably won't compel me do do much more than log in to see the differences, then log out.

One has to ask why they released the games on last gen consoles at all. Oh right, sales.

After 6 patches my ps4 pro still crashes 2-3 times per session, consistently lags and drops fps when driving, shadows dissappear and the game looks like one of the worst ps4 games I've ever seen (at times). In photo mode my character looks like a corpse. I just tell myself that all the texture pop ins are just my humanity slipping because CDPR couldn't bother with the basic themes of cyberpunk.

I would love to play the game on a ps5 with a fully stable version with the DLC with Ray tracing and proper shadows, and definately will try it out. Hopefully it will be a more fleshed out game by then.

And I hope for the love of all that is holy they don't rush it.

Take 10 years! Just do it right.

After the Gwent/Thronebreaker disasters and this current fiasco I would recommend that no console player ever buy another CDPR product on console again. It will be either inferior, chronically behind on critical updates, or have its support system ripped away entirely with little notice.

Top Bottom