A very simple feature request: show me which books I've read!

+
A very simple feature request: show me which books I've read!

Hi,

I absolutely love The Witcher 2, but there's one small thing that irks me each and every playthrough (up to about six or seven now) and that's that when I'm looking at a book whether in my inventory or in a store, it doesn't tell me if I've read it or not. Right now, I'm in Chapter 1, and my only solution for this is to store the books in my storage chest in the inn, and compare them against the ones available from Einar Garsol's store, and that's not ideal. I'm really into the lore, so I like to read all the books and not having a little bit of text (or an icon) which shows me I've read this book (as in The Witcher 1) makes it a bit difficult.

I'm hoping this is something you guys might be able to add into the game sometime. Does anyone else feel the same about this? It's obviously no huge issue, but it should be a relatively simple thing to add.

Cheers!

this is one of the things on my list that the first game had, that this one lacks, & vice versa.

again they are minor details.

monster novels are easy enough to keep track of, because they wont appear in your journal until you read them @ least once.

thats not to say youll gain all 3 levels of knowledge for each species, but you know what i mean.

if you have the book in your possesion (even if you hadnt read it yet, youll know which type of monster it is because theyre usually contained in the title) but theres no specific monster entry in your journal, then you know you didnt read it yet.

im tryin man. youre probably right.

anyway i can usually keep track by titles alone, because i do take the time to read most of what i find/ buy.

you never know when they info contained within can help you..especially in conversation(s)...

Yeah this is one of the little details that are missing..and it is strange it has not been added into EE.
Hopefully in expansion/TW3 at least...because I would not be surprised if no more patches came for TW2 (and I could not blame them).

DonSwingKing said:
There is a mod called "Panel tweaks", who adressed this issue, but it doesnt work anymore with the EE.
Yes, Panel Tweaks added a check-mark on books that you already are carrying in your inventory, so that you are able to avoid purchasing duplicates. It's not the same as them being marked as read, but it worked very nicely. The mod is currently set to hidden on the Nexus, and I think people (myself included) are hoping it is so because the author is working on an EE-compatible version. Another incredibly-useful thing that mod enabled, was to choose how items in your inventory should be sorted; alphabetical, by value, by weight... A lot more options than the vanilla chronological sorting order. I mean, even a thing like that - sorting them alphabetically, would make the process of looking over what books you have and don't have, a lot less frustrating.

another way you could get passed it, just buy everybook that is for sale. theres 1 book person in flotsam, and another in vergen that sell books. thats what ive done anyway.

if you need orens, just sell off excess alchemical ingredients. you never, ever really need more then 15-20 of anything, unless its insane/ dark mode or something.

same thing with mutagens. you only have 13 slots (total) that can be mutated anyway...sell off the ones youre not going to need.

...or you could just fistfight/ poker/ armwrestle like crazy.

the more books you have the better anyway, imo.

the more you play the game, you should be able to tell what youve read, by the title alone.

greenabobo said:
another way you could get passed it, just buy everybook that is for sale. theres 1 book person in flotsam, and another in vergen that sell books. thats what ive done anyway.

if you need orens, just sell off excess alchemical ingredients. you never, ever really need more then 15-20 of anything, unless its insane/ dark mode or something.

same thing with mutagens. you only have 13 slots (total) that can be mutated anyway...sell off the ones youre not going to need.

...or you could just fistfight/ poker/ armwrestle like crazy.

the more books you have the better anyway, imo.

the more you play the game, you should be able to tell what youve read, by the title alone.
I collect all the ingredients and store them. I'm playing as an Alchemist on Dark Mode, without using Quen, and possibly only using my Raven Armour, Moon Blade, and Mahakaman Rune Sihil. COLLECT ALL THE THINGS! :D :D

Top Bottom