Ability to change Gwent Rules

+
Ability to change Gwent Rules

Okay, so I noted in the videos that they turned off the timer for the matches. As Someone who likes new ways to play games, I thought of a (Admittidly unoriginal) idea: What if you could (Not in ranked) change the rules of Gwent?

If you have any ideas for rule changes that could apply, post them here. I wil give a few of mine:

Hand size: This allows you to edit the starting hand size of each player.

Timer: This allows you to chooe how much time goes between turns, or turn it off entirely.

Card draw each turn: I know, the point of Gwent is to not draw any more then your hand. But this sort of thing is where I was going with the new ways to play thing. Bascially you can set whether or not you can get a card per round. Or per match. Or per turn. How many cards can you draw per round/match/turn? Things like that.

Turn off specifc effects or cards or play areas: Things like heroes, or one row, or spies, or any effect, or allow the cards to be played with out effects, or only allow hero effects, you get the idea.

Furthermore, if a editable ruleset (With more rules of course) was added, CD Projekt Red could do something like Overwatch or Hearthstone and add weekly custom game sets.

And then you can make your own custom games and share them with others!

You have any other rule ideas, or wish to call me a idiot, post here!

Interesting idea! I usually play by the rules in games! Yeah. I'm pretty dull that way. However, I do like mods and this is sort of a mod thing. Kinda.

My new rules:

- No limit to special and/or hero cards. This would be insane if both players used all of their hero and special cards!

- Betting. Able to bet in-game currency. (Up to a betting limit and limited to one bet per opponent per day. Otherwise CDPR would get some angry losers on their hands :) )

- Make your own card day. Once a year we should be able to craft an entirely own card and abilities. Either based on in-game assets or with custom art!

What do you think :)

Interesting idea! I usually play by the rules in games! Yeah. I'm pretty dull that way. However, I do like mods and this is sort of a mod thing. Kinda.

My new rules:

- No limit to special and/or hero cards. This would be insane if both players used all of their hero and special cards!

I like this one.

- Betting. Able to bet in-game currency. (Up to a betting limit and limited to one bet per opponent per day. Otherwise CDPR would get some angry losers on their hands :) )

I like the ideas, but I can't really have a opnion on this one untill we know how currency and microtransactions work. If it's a case of paying money for in game currency for example this becomes a issue.

- Make your own card day. Once a year we should be able to craft an entirely own card and abilities. Either based on in-game assets or with custom art!

I'm not sure about this. I like the idea of making your own in game cards, but I don't really think that's a rule per sae but a whole different idea. And I'm not gonna touch the balance issues with a ten foot barge pole. By all means thoough I sugest fleshing out the idea and posting it in a new thread.

I think it's a great idea. Part of why a simple deck of cards has had such a lasting appeal is that you can do whatever with them. You can invent new ways of playing and make new fun games. So I say yes, let people experiment with different rule sets and stuff.

At worst, they waste their time and come up with something boring that doesn't work. No harm done.
But best case scenario, they might come up with something really fun, that could potentially be implemented in the regular game at a later point.

You could have things like random weather cards, or each round, a random card from your deck gets discarded. Whenever a cow is summoned into a monster deck, the monsters eat it, gain +3 to everyone on that row at that point, but it summons an angry farmer and a witcher to the enemy front row. Unless the enemy is playing a monster deck, in which case it summons any ghouls in their deck. You could do some crazy things like that.

Last edited:
I really like the rule changing idea. :)

Well honestly I owe it to you guys funnily enough. I saw how on one of the streams you said you turned off the timer for the demo, and that got me thinking "I wish I could turn off the timer in friendly matches" and that led to "What other rules would be fun to change?" :)

Custom matches is something this game seriously needs. It would be awesome for private matches with friends and would make tournaments easier to set up. (That's assuming there's no tournament mode planned) If people start getting bored with the standard game modes that are online, the team can do a mode of the day like Smite does.

Neat idea, my only apprehension about this is that it might fracture the (competitive) community too much.

A game-mode I would be interested in would be Simultaneous Play.

Top Bottom