[Act IV] Alvin keeps following me around

+
[Act IV] Alvin keeps following me around

everytime i go to the fields or to the lakeside.. bloody Alvin is chasing me around! WTF- is this a bug?He's getting to be as annoying as the oblivion adoring fan!.....hmmm both tiny..both blond.... both run around alot....

Oh, come on, be a nicer father or he'll get even with you when he grows up ;)No, it's not a bug. Play along and you'll see why is he needed.

Alvin admires Geralt, Alvin loves Geralt, Alvin is a fanboy but at the end of this chapter he (finally) buzzes off 8)

The thing is he's bloody invulnerable to any attacks I attempt on him. I just want the little sod to die.

Hmm When I got to the fileds i got a cutccene swhere he says that he'll follow me so i guess it;s scripted ;D

i'm with Droog123 although Alvin is not as intrusive as 'helpers' in other games who stand in the way and/or get one killed. I've emptied arsenals into these characters in a rage but to no avail. Just a first person solo player thru and thru!

Droog123 said:
The thing is he's bloody invulnerable to any attacks I attempt on him. I just want the little sod to die.
Dont you know by now that plot devices are invulnerable? :evil:

This is almost as annoying as those poor boys and girls who follow you around in the slums. What happens if you kill one of them, to keep them from following you around? ???

This is funny :D I'm cracking up just seeing how P o'd these guys get :teeth: Although, I can see their point. Some games these pesky tag alongs can get in your way, get you killed, or you have to constantly save their arse to keep from loosing a quest. :) Can't help myself--still laughing. ;D

gamewidow said:
you can't kill any of 'em :(
You would like to kill them? ;D I wouldn't chop their heads off but at least I'd like to have an option to response when these snips niggle Geralt is tall and ugly. Geralt has the gift of gab on so many occasions but here it leaves him dumbfounded :whatthe:

I found out how to keep this pain in the ass, this annoying, useless, quivering, quaking mass of protoplasm called Alvin from following me.When you get to Lakeside, DO NOT go into the crypt to talk to Berengar.When you get to Murky Waters, DO NOT talk to Alina or look for Alvin.DO NOT go anywhere near the Ruins.I'm now merrily going about my business, completing the Alp, Cemetaur, Devourer, and Giant Centipede quests without Alvin! :teeth:Do those quests first, get them out of the way, then you can talk to Berengar and Alina.

Thanks for that hint, dlevere! I only felt like killing the brat once, though - when he blocked my path in the Old Farm. I was trapped in the backyard because Alvin wouldn't move, and I had to load an old save and replay ~ 1 hour :mad:. Anyway, something funny happened when (in my previous playthrough) I visited the ruins before having talked to Alvin or Berengar:
The Gambling Ghost appeared in broad daylight, and I had to gamble for the boy. You should have seen my face :whatthe:. I won, so unfortunately, I cannot tell what would have happened otherwise.
I couldn't reproduce this in my current playthrough, because I went to the ruins after having talked to Alvin already. But I will definitively try again next time. Hopefully, it still works with the EE.

Good to know - thanks :). Not that I want to get rid of Alvin that way ( :whistle:), I just found the idea hilarious.

I usually just stay in run mode and put some distance between Geralt and the little twerp. I was actually doing this at first thinking he might get killed and I had to slay monsters before he arrived at their point. LOL didn't know the twerp couldn't get killed. :whatthe:

Top Bottom