Add effects that reduce strength overtime

+
Add effects that reduce strength overtime

Like we have it already in the deck, cards that increase in strength per turn, we should also have cards that reduce strength per turn.

mkey82;n7215700 said:
Poison mechanism?

Exactly, things like that. Fire, Poison, and whatever else that could be a DOT effect. Why only buff cards and hit cards with damaging effects? Add spice to it, over time reduction.

already in the game, as ancient foglet gain strength over time, so you can expect the same in reverse with new faction / card etc.

Having DOT spells could be an interesting mechanic for an upcoming expansion. For example, Pandemic, which does 2 damage per turn and jumps to a random unit once the previous one dies.

muetdhivers;n7217170 said:
already in the game, as ancient foglet gain strength over time, so you can expect the same in reverse with new faction / card etc.

Thats exactly what i meant, duh...

4RM3D;n7217430 said:
Having DOT spells could be an interesting mechanic for an upcoming expansion. For example, Pandemic, which does 2 damage per turn and jumps to a random unit once the previous one dies.

mass infection, burning a row, or poisoning individual units. So many options here.

I don't think that would be a good idea. There are cards already that add strength to copies of the same cards still in the deck, on randon rows, and that subtract. I wouldn't include effects that would add or subtract each turn, that's just begging to be abused. That cursed whale is doing enough damage as it is already hehe.

How about make dimeritium bomb to bronze, so people could have three of them, or make a new neutral gold card with ability to revert all gold cards to silver and when use weather card.

Cyber_Rider;n7219110 said:
How about make dimeritium bomb to bronze, so people could have three of them, or make a new neutral gold card with ability to revert all gold cards to silver and when use weather card.

Heh, considering how cheap D-bomb is (80 scraps, unless I'm mistaken), it's already easy to obtain. And considering its effects, having too many of them would turn into a buff-debuff fest. D-bomb is fine as it is, for me, makes you think when exactly to use it if you draw it in your hand.

Cyber_Rider;n7219110 said:

That would be overpowered. And a neutral that reverts all gold to silver? That ruins all gold cards in an instant.

DirkAustin;n7216030 said:
Exactly, things like that. Fire, Poison, and whatever else that could be a DOT effect. Why only buff cards and hit cards with damaging effects? Add spice to it, over time reduction.

I like this idea. May be "Catriona Plague" can be the name of the card :)

Snfonseka;n7233440 said:
I like this idea. May be "Catriona Plague" can be the name of the card :)

There could be more than 1 of course but Catriona Plague sounds awesome actually. Sounds like something that hits both sides of the field, reducing every units strength by 1 each turn. Should be a silver card. Something like this, would be great!

On effect or card power, i think something that affect the highest or lowest card on each row could be fun.

at least 4 cards could be done with this kind of effect.
i.e :
remove 2 STR to the highest card on each row
remove 2 STR to the lowest card on each row
etc ..

and for the "epic" version : kill the lowest STR unit on each row (on both side).

could be fun.

muetdhivers;n7239410 said:
On effect or card power, i think something that affect the highest or lowest card on each row could be fun.

at least 4 cards could be done with this kind of effect.
i.e :
remove 2 STR to the highest card on each row
remove 2 STR to the lowest card on each row
etc ..

and for the "epic" version : kill the lowest STR unit on each row (on both side).

could be fun.

But these arent DOT effects...2 strength to the strongest unit on both sides maybe. And reduce the strength of all units on both sides by 1 per turn until they are at 1 strength. Stuff like that.

Top Bottom