Aerondight has no rune effect, please help

+
I went to runewright with my aerondight and my feline steel sword right after getting the aerondight. I put two different runewords on them. Steel was just fine glowing orange but when i tried the aerondight it had no effects at all. Just vanilla aerondight. Tried removing, reapplying, didnt work. Tried trying different runeword, didn't work. Taken all my stuff off changed region, didn't work. Loading another save, didn't work. Restarting game, didn't work. I am actually going insane over this, what is the problem??? Tried normal runes, they didn't work as well.

edit: i am not using any mods, never used one, on v1.31

Instead of reposting the same message, it would have been better to ask a moderator to move it. Anyhow, I am here now. Post moved and duplicates removed.

I believe it's working as intended. Aerondight's enchantment is special, and only with mods will you get other rune colours to show on it. Vanilla, it will only ever glow yellow.

(I couldn't find any sources saying otherwise, and I also seem to remember noticing the same thing in my own game.)

thought i did, thanks.
I believe it's working as intended. Aerondight's enchantment is special, and only with mods will you get other rune colours to show on it. Vanilla, it will only ever glow yellow.

(I couldn't find any sources saying otherwise, and I also seem to remember noticing the same thing in my own game.)

If i understood you correctly you are saying that the runes on the blade should glow yellow. But in my case it has no runes showing at all and no glow as well. It has no runes that doesn't glow too, no texture of them. Just looking like a normal blade. I can only see the runes and the glow when i am fighting. Is this normal?

Edit: Seems like even when you pick it up from the lake it has runes showing, for me there was no runes haha so definetely a problem.

Last edited:
If i understood you correctly you are saying that the runes on the blade should glow yellow. But in my case it has no runes showing at all and no glow as well. It has no runes that doesn't glow too, no texture of them. Just looking like a normal blade. I can only see the runes and the glow when i am fighting. Is this normal?

Edit: Seems like even when you pick it up from the lake it has runes showing, for me there was no runes haha so definetely a problem.

The glow effect should only appear when Geralt is in combat, if I remember right.

Top Bottom