Alien: isolation

+
Alien: isolation

Yet another alien game. This one does looks little better than the last one.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meNE4CPtnCo#t=74[/media]

I can't believe there's a single soul out there who's actually looking forward to more Alien games. Don't people ever fucking learn. How many times do you put your hand in a gasoline sustained fire before you realize that it's not such a good idea.

That said, it does look like whoever is making this, takes inspiration from Penumbra and Amnesia. Which is, obviously, the absolutely right direction to take. I'm not interested in it personally but it looks like a step above the piece of shit that Gearbox, those fucking incompetent, lying, thieving, cunts developed. So that's something...

Not interested. There's much better games coming out that deserve my attention, including better horror games. But of course, because people are idiots, they'll buy the game because, hey! It has "Aliens" in its title. Who cares if it's good. You have to buy it because Aliens! Title! Yay! Ugh. It's a shame. It sends a really fucked up and dangerous message to the industry...

I'll pass.

To anyone who's kind of hopeful this one might be THE Alien game you were waiting for, an insider source confirmed you'll be shooting clones and soldiers most of the game.

Its funny cause everything after that sounds great about the game, its in a space station, it has a heavy focus on stealth and escaping, only one or very few aliens through the entire game, it has the atmosphere and inspiration of the first movie, you know, the actual horror and suspense one, not Aliens.

But yeah, they had to ruin it somehow i guess, its an Alien game after all.

EDIT: Okay, they actually show the Alien for a long time and perfectly visible in the announcement trailer already? screw this.

Looks spooky.

FoggyFishburne said:
But of course, because people are idiots, they'll buy the game because, hey! It has "Aliens" in its title. Who cares if it's good. You have to buy it because Aliens! Title! Yay! Ugh. It's a shame. It sends a really fucked up and dangerous message to the industry...
You know, I think Assassin's Creed series is some of the worst garbage in the market right now and should be put to death. So does that give me the right to call you an idiot?

Games are a very subjective matter just like music or movies, and calling someone an idiot just because they have in your opinion a bad taste in games is not cool or fair.

Alert ! Alert ! Alert ! Alert ! Alert !

Ca and sega detected ! Ca and sega detected ! Ca and sega detected !

Avoid game ! Avoid game ! Avoid game !

FoggyFishburne said:
I can't believe there's a single soul out there who's actually looking forward to more Alien games. Don't people ever fucking learn. How many times do you put your hand in a gasoline sustained fire before you realize that it's not such a good idea.

That said, it does look like whoever is making this, takes inspiration from Penumbra and Amnesia. Which is, obviously, the absolutely right direction to take. I'm not interested in it personally but it looks like a step above the piece of shit that Gearbox, those fucking incompetent, lying, thieving, cunts developed. So that's something...

Not interested. There's much better games coming out that deserve my attention, including better horror games. But of course, because people are idiots, they'll buy the game because, hey! It has "Aliens" in its title. Who cares if it's good. You have to buy it because Aliens! Title! Yay! Ugh. It's a shame. It sends a really fucked up and dangerous message to the industry...

I'll pass.

Actually, it's Alien, not Aliens :p

Aver

Forum veteran
Geraltofbsas said:
To anyone who's kind of hopeful this one might be THE Alien game you were waiting for, an insider source confirmed you'll be shooting clones and soldiers most of the game.

Actually Creative Assembly said that there will only one enemy, single Alien in the whole game. I did read this on Eurogamer and it was posted today. Eurogamer also received playable demo and they said it's great.

KingHochmeister said:
ALERT ! ALERT ! ALERT ! ALERT ! ALERT !

CA AND SEGA DETECTED ! CA AND SEGA DETECTED ! CA AND SEGA DETECTED !

AVOID GAME ! AVOID GAME ! AVOID GAME !

lol thats what i thought :p
but i hope this one wont be a piece of crap like the last one...

Aver said:
Actually Creative Assembly said that there will only one enemy, single Alien in the whole game. I did read this on Eurogamer and it was posted today. Eurogamer also received playable demo and they said it's great.

Sorry if missed it, but i read the eurogamer article, the gamespot one, the rock paper shotgun one, and one from The Guardian, and in none of them i read that there is only one enemy.

If you could point me with a quote or something more precise to where it says thad id be grateful.

On the plus side, a game with no risk of significant Alien 3 references, which is a must for me (and saved me of CM, so good thing too). On the bad one, that looks like the Nostromo.

Nuking is NOT the only way to be sure going by these games.

I also thought all the action from the movie was on the ship that descended, you could see it was big as a building, and the "cathedral" refinery was independant from it.

Alextyc1 said:
lol thats what i thought :p/>/>
but i hope this one wont be a piece of crap like the last one...

They pretty much ruined Total War for me ... I was excited as hell for Warhammer Total War, and now I am worried that it will not do the Warhammer License any justice ... Btw Rome Total War 1 is in my top 5 best games of all time for me :)/>

And yeah .... Hopefully they will release a finished game this time, damn Sega and their strict deadlines ...

Well, I should be more optimistic, but hey .... It's gaming, so why not be cynical ? :p/>

The only good Aliens game was the AVP game made by Rebelion back in 2010, that was actually pretty good :p

KingHochmeister said:
They pretty much ruined Total War for me ... I was excited as hell for Warhammer Total War, and now I am worried that it will not do the Warhammer License any justice ... Btw Rome Total War 1 is in my top 5 best games of all time for me :)/>/>

And yeah .... Hopefully they will release a finished game this time, damn Sega and their strict deadlines ...

Well, I should be more optimistic, but hey .... It's gaming, so why not be cynical ? :p/>/>

The only good Aliens game was the AVP game made by Rebelion back in 2010, that was actually pretty good :p/>

It´s sad how often I´m made feel old... AvP1&2 from the early ´00s were great, and the Marine campaign was scarier than Amnesia, especially the first game´s. It´s amazing the difference no quick or autosaves make to the experience.

Looks ok. Sadly there hasn't been a better one since the original AvP game by Rebellion on the Atari Jaguar....... (no, I am not joking.)

NicolasF said:
It´s sad how often I´m made feel old... AvP1&2 from the early ´00s were great, and the Marine campaign was scarier than Amnesia, especially the first game´s. It´s amazing the difference no quick or autosaves make to the experience.

You're not alone who feels old sometimes.

some red flags were raised immediately:

-chest high walls and objects to be used to hide form the alien. sorry, but have they even watched the movie? you don't escape from it by simply breaking line of sight. the alien looked ineffectual, not scary, when it's just slowly walking around while the player hides 5 feet next to it behind a box.

-running around. while this may make a lot of sense in an alien game, i still think it's a horrendous gameplay element. a lengthy escape process should involve a lot more than just running away and hiding.

-linearity. anytime you get those scripted "cinematic" cutscenes of pulling levers and cutting through panels, it generally means it's a on rails game.

-clones and marines. yep, they actually said the main enemies will be clones and marines, get ready for manshoot.

-bioware and dishonored are their gameplay inspirations.

pass

seamusgod said:
some red flags were raised immediately:

-chest high walls and objects to be used to hide form the alien. sorry, but have they even watched the movie? you don't escape from it by simply breaking line of sight. the alien looked ineffectual, not scary, when it's just slowly walking around while the player hides 5 feet next to it behind a box.

-running around. while this may make a lot of sense in an alien game, i still think it's a horrendous gameplay element. a lengthy escape process should involve a lot more than just running away and hiding.

-linearity. anytime you get those scripted "cinematic" cutscenes of pulling levers and cutting through panels, it generally means it's a on rails game.

-clones and marines. yep, they actually said the main enemies will be clones and marines, get ready for manshoot.

-bioware and dishonored are their gameplay inspirations.

pass

Where exactly did they say BioWare and Dishoronerd are their main inspiration? And how would YOU design the gameplay? How exactly are you going to hide from it if not by breaking the line of sight?

Aver

Forum veteran
Geraltofbsas said:
Sorry if missed it, but i read the eurogamer article, the gamespot one, the rock paper shotgun one, and one from The Guardian, and in none of them i read that there is only one enemy.

My bad, they said that there will be only one Alien.

chest high walls and objects to be used to hide form the alien. sorry, but have they even watched the movie? you don't escape from it by simply breaking line of sight. the alien looked ineffectual, not scary, when it's just slowly walking around while the player hides 5 feet next to it behind a box.

It seems that you didn't see original Alien.

-bioware and dishonored are their gameplay inspirations

They didn't say that. It was said by Kotaku's "secret informer" and they admit that they couldn't confirm any information. Also it was "Bioshock and Dishonored" not Bioware.

Top Bottom