Don't fear the reaper Impossible as melee

+
I dont understand how they have dudes in poland play this game giving the thumbs up to playtesting (melee)

When meele build are absolutely useless now without sandevistan or HEAVILY speccing into body+technical

Don't fear the reaper is impossible unless your are using guns or net running, good luck using meele or throwing knifes on this mission, I understand its supposed to be a hard mission (suicide) but being hard and being bullshit seem to get confused for CDPR (see turning the game into shitty Taiwanese Alien isolation for PHANTOM LIB Leave in Silence ending)

This mission is utterly unfun with the new update, I am just extremely shocked something like this is allowed to even past the play testing phases in an RPG game where you can have different builds and play styles

Hi. I have been trying a bit with Tinker Bell in 2.0, it was possible to take him to as low as 40% before he would break away from the doorway. At some point I might come back to it. Adam has weakness to electricity so that plays a role.

In 1.63, that was ezpz, just have a buffy regen V, follow Adam, and keep cattle prodding. He'll be off to Neverland.

Isn't this the point though, you can't kill a big boss with the dildo wearing nothing but a pink dress.

You need full max level cyberware, bezerk (or no OS capacitor), specced in body for adrenaline and health regen, specced in tech for cyberware buffs and healing item regen, specced in body for blunt or reflex and cool for blades. As well as with the best cyberware, best healing items, and damage negation cyberware and perks, full cyberware armour etc. Probably want blood pump and second heart at least too.

If you just put enough points in reflex/body for your preferred melee weapon major skills and neglected all the other build options just so you can use your melee weapons, well you are unprepared for the fight, gonna have bad time get gud and come back later!

Fwiw, not a pro with clubs, so not sure if other ones offer this, the thing about Tinker Bell is that it can take down a whole group of enemies in a swipe. In 1.63 it sears through Arasaka Tower like they aren't even trying to stop V.

I dont understand how they have dudes in poland play this game giving the thumbs up to playtesting (melee)

When meele build are absolutely useless now without sandevistan or HEAVILY speccing into body+technical

Don't fear the reaper is impossible unless your are using guns or net running, good luck using meele or throwing knifes on this mission, I understand its supposed to be a hard mission (suicide) but being hard and being bullshit seem to get confused for CDPR (see turning the game into shitty Taiwanese Alien isolation for PHANTOM LIB Leave in Silence ending)

This mission is utterly unfun with the new update, I am just extremely shocked something like this is allowed to even past the play testing phases in an RPG game where you can have different builds and play styles
Wait, let me resume...
You expect going through a part of the game which is intended to be one of the most difficult (named a "suicide run"), during which you're not allowed to save, during which your health gradually decrease, using a combat style with which your character is not intended for and then, complain because it's too difficult, even impossible?
Am I right?

If yes, not sure what to say :shrug:

First of all Poland, no "poland". If you can't defeat Smasher with only melee just "git gud" man.

Isn't this the point though, you can't kill a big boss with the dildo wearing nothing but a pink dress.

You need full max level cyberware, bezerk (or no OS capacitor), specced in body for adrenaline and health regen, specced in tech for cyberware buffs and healing item regen, specced in body for blunt or reflex and cool for blades. As well as with the best cyberware, best healing items, and damage negation cyberware and perks, full cyberware armour etc. Probably want blood pump and second heart at least too.

If you just put enough points in reflex/body for your preferred melee weapon major skills and neglected all the other build options just so you can use your melee weapons, well you are unprepared for the fight, gonna have bad time get gud and come back later!
People moaned when he was too easy and now they’re moaning he’s too hard… he’s meant to be scary and incredibly difficult.

For your viewing, I re-video'd it today. Viewer discretion advised.

Last edited:
This can go on all day long. This fight happens on V's terms in 1.63. They can run literal circles around Adam.

I'm honestly curious, how do you have a melee build that doesn't have at least high tech OR body... Like at least one of those feels necessary for any melee build, honestly Tech was always important before 2.0 and the way it's tied into Cyberware it feels even more important.

I'd assume either High Tech and Reflex for blades or high Tech and Body for blunt weapons. I don't really see what other way you would even try a melee build with the skills trees, in 2.0, honestly same thing in 1.6, maybe even more so, because all of the good melee related Cyberware was locked behind body or reflex.

Even if you went Reflex and Cool for throwing weapons and some stealth, that still leave plenty of room for Tech to boost armor and enough in body for health. Granted that leaves very little room for more than like 4 intelligence, but that's kind of the point of builds, no?

And seriously this isn't a "git gud" or troll post, I honestly want to know how you're spec'd because if you're some like glass cannon highbred netrunner throwing knives and blades build it might just be a little bit too much "Jack of All Trades" to keep up with the health loss? I'd assume stealth builds are probably at a high disadvantage on that mission as well, since stealth is basically broken the second you walk in the front door, and it just gets more intense as you go.

I haven't tried don't fear the reaper since PL, came out, I actually haven't even finished PL yet, its been a bust few weeks for me and I'm still doing missions in Dog Town, so I don't know how big of a change it is, But just in general it seems like any melee build would want Body for Adrenaline rush even if you don't use blunt weapons, and Tech for Edgerunner, Then put the rest of your points in whichever tree is linked to your preferred weapon, or what you think are the most useful skills for example dash.

Have you invested thoroughly in Melee?
Point of 2.0 update is to make players invest in single playstyle.

I have invested 0 perks in int and Cool.
All points in body and reflex.
I tear through hordes of enemies with beserk and a baseball bat.
Had to increase difficulty from Hard to Very Hard to feel a little challenge. Increased Criminal Activity in Dogtown were still smashed.

If you play like Jack of All trades, you will excel in nothing.

Top Bottom