All Time Favourite Easter Eggs in Games

+
What is everyone's all time favourite easter eggs in games?

Mine as got to be the Thelma and Louise ending in GTA V and finding John Marston's hat from RDR in L.A Noire

gears of war 5 I think.

When you shoot all the tomatoes in Marcus' tomato farm he freaks out.

I think you get some tomato grenades too.

I just saw a YouTube vid of it, that looks funny as hell

Gears is kind of a brain-dead shooter. But Marcus is hilarious. Its over the top, balls to wall manliness. Its like they go out of their way to make it as masculine as possible.

One of the earlier Gears you would revive a fallen Gear that just got shot up by yelling "FIGHT THROUGH THE PAIN!" Then he snaps out of it and gets up. LOL

Gears is kind of a brain-dead shooter. But Marcus is hilarious. Its over the top, balls to wall manliness. Its like they go out of their way to make it as masculine as possible.

One of the earlier Gears you would revive a fallen Gear that just got shot up by yelling "FIGHT THROUGH THE PAIN!" Then he snaps out of it and gets up. LOL

Kind of reminds me of the Saints Row series and I loved that series for its over the top, silliness action

Hard to pick just one. Possibly this one in Viscera Cleanup Detail just because of how much detail is put into it, how well it is hidden, and how it's from a completely different type of game:
20200923161356_1.jpg

Another top favourite would be the Portal one in Witcher 3.

Hard to pick just one. Possibly this one in Viscera Cleanup Detail just because of how much detail is put into it, how well it is hidden, and how it's from a completely different type of game:

Another top favourite would be the Portal one in Witcher 3.

I never saw that one in Viscera Cleanup Detail but like you said it was very well hidden.

The portal one was one that just threw me completely off-guard when I saw it

Ciriously?

If I recall, she's not in the game.

Actually... There was supposed to be an easter egg of Ciri in the corpo prologue...
in the form of a magazine cover

The thread is cool. Ive seen so many easter eggs, but its hard to name one over others.

I think one of the more difficult to find easter eggs that I found myself without help, was the skeleton that was hanging upside down from its feet in a remote ice cave in Skyrim (references Empire strikes back where Luke is caught by a Wampa and put in a similar situation)

Last edited:
Ciriously?

If I recall, she's not in the game.
I think I prefere that.
Putting her in the game would be incredibly hard to do in a beliveable way. I mean, yes, it could happen, just looking at her ability but then you have to remember how different the Witcher and Cyberpunk worlds are. As amazing as Ciri is, it would make no sense for her to even be able to live in such a different envirronment.

Now, they could have just done an apparition (kinda similar to what happen in the books with Nimue).

I'm not sure if these actually qualify as Easter Eggs, and it might be a little cliché... but my all-time favorite Easter Eggs both exist in The Witcher 3. The first is when Ciri describes landing in "a futuristic world where people travel around in flying machines" (aka, describing the Cyberpunk world)... and my second favorite is when Geralt looks at us (the player) and more or less says goodbye / tells us to rest (at the end of the Blood and Wine expansion).

I've been a gamer for over twenty-years now... and I mostly lost interest in video games 6-7 years ago, so The Witcher 3 was my last truly memorable experience in gaming... and yet that game somehow managed to keep me invested all the way through and provoked a visceral, emotional reaction from me that is hard to describe when compared to others.

Top Bottom