Am I the only one who thinks Savage Bear triggers too early?

+
Am I the only one who thinks Savage Bear triggers too early?

I think this was an oversight by the devs, Savage Bear should damage a played unit, period. But it also prevents the "coming into play" mechanic of said unit, in particular medics. If there are two bears on the board you can not play a 2STR Medic to revive something from the graveyard because it dies before it's mechanic ever resolves. In my opinion the effect should resolve first, in this example revive a unit from graveyard, then the bear should damage the unit. Thoughts?

Thematically speaking it would be hard to resurrect while two savage bears running towards a priestess in hopes of food.

There is nothing wrong with Savage Bears preventing medics, that also prevents the users of bears to resurrect anything (for first two rounds). Two bears and no axemen can lead pretty hilarious situations on early rounds for Skellige.

The better approach is to anticipate such possibilities and take precaution before things get out of hand. I like resurrection or any low strength mechanic is not always guaranteed that way.

you can't resurrect someone if you're dead... the same works for ST traps; if it kills the unit, the ability doesn't trigger.

It would not be very savagy, if the bear just waited for the medics to do their job...

The interaction is fine, i've learned in my second attempt with the deck to make sure the bears don't kill my medics before i can play them.

Okay so I will live with it. BTW I didn't start this thread because I have trouble playing around it, I was just puzzled the first time I noticed it because I expected the mechanic to work differently.

milosh69;n7781430 said:
I think this was an oversight by the devs, Savage Bear should damage a played unit, period. But it also prevents the "coming into play" mechanic of said unit, in particular medics. If there are two bears on the board you can not play a 2STR Medic to revive something from the graveyard because it dies before it's mechanic ever resolves. In my opinion the effect should resolve first, in this example revive a unit from graveyard, then the bear should damage the unit. Thoughts?

Play the medic on your first turn and resurrect nothing. Then when two (or three) bears are out, you can just Decoy him and it will survive without a problem! Yay!

Click the solved button! CLICK IT!

frbfree;n7782110 said:
Play the medic on your first turn and resurrect nothing.
As I said just above your answer, I don't need tips on how to play around it, I just find it odd it works this way.

Top Bottom