An Early Review from E3 2016

+
An Early Review from E3 2016

Rock Paper Shotgun -quite- liked it!

"After half an hour playing the game today, along with a presentation showing the still-in-development solo mode, I’m completely won over."

" Don’t expect anything anywhere near the level of The Wild Hunt in terms of depth or decision-making, but as a means of delivering fresh stories with a familiar tone, Gwent is a perfect delivery vehicle."

"They could have released a standalone version to satisfy the people who wanted an easy way to play without loading up The Witcher and hunting for opponents, but instead they’ve reworked the interface beautifully, rebalanced and replenished the decks, and found a way to tell more singleplayer stories through the medium of Gwent. It’s almost enough to make the White Wolf raise a smile."

Never got into it in the main game, but what I've read really seems promising. Seems like they're blending genres to make it much more than a card game, and I could get into that. Also, their FTP model for Battle Arena was acceptable imo.

Well, that's good to hear. I was hoping that they were going to incorporate role-playing elements and story telling into the stand alone version of Gwent, and it appears that they are doing just that. I shall also give a thumbs up for the inclusion of a single-player mode.

Top Bottom