An error occurred while updating the witcher 3: Wild Hunt (content still encrypted)

+
An error occurred while updating the witcher 3: Wild Hunt (content still encrypted)

I was pre-loading the Witcher 3 on Steam through the night and this morning I woke up to check if it was complete, a secondary notification box had appeared saying

"An error occurred while updating the witcher 3: Wild Hunt (content still encrypted)

"See the Steam support site for more information" (as a link)

The link doesn't lead to any helpful information and no one else seems to have had the same issue anywhere. In the games sidebar it does say "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - pre-load complete", but I still have the option to click pre-load and when I do it gives the same error message. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm not sure how to proceed with it. I don't have the option of clicking on properties and verifying the game cache yet and I'm not sure if I should or not, assuming the pre-load occurred properly.

I've tried restarting my PC and Steam, it doesn't stop the message.

Last edited:
Wait till the end of this day lol.
Game is not out yet, that means the message.

Is that right? I had a feeling that might be the case, okay thanks! It was the word "error" that made me think something might have gone wrong in the pre-load! :p

I was pre-loading the Witcher 3 on Steam through the night and this morning I woke up to check if it was complete, a secondary notification box had appeared saying"An error occurred while updating the witcher 3: Wild Hunt (content still encrypted)"See the Steam support site for more information" (as a link)The link doesn't lead to any helpful information and no one else seems to have had the same issue anywhere. In the games sidebar it does say "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - pre-load complete", but I still have the option to click pre-load and when I do it gives the same error message. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm not sure how to proceed with it. I don't have the option of clicking on properties and verifying the game cache yet and I'm not sure if I should or not, assuming the pre-load occurred properly.I've tried restarting my PC and Steam, it doesn't stop the message.
Same problem! Game now available through steam yet unplayable due to encryption error... now the 19th and game is out????

Top Bottom